Whatever development we witness in contemporary times is only because of science and research. One of the Science stream subjects, Life science is the branch of Science & Technology which solely deals with the scientific study of living organisms like insects, birds, plants, animals including human beings. It involves the examination of their chemical processes, physical structure, physiological devices, molecular interactions and evolution. It is important to know that the discoveries in life sciences are quite helpful and improving the standard of lives. The field of life science has enormous scope in various fields such as Agriculture, Medicine & Health, Pharmaceutical and Food Science. Through this blog, we are going to explore careers in this field!
This Blog Includes:
Top Life Science Courses
As a demanding subject with enormous scope, the field of life Science offers a plethora of options for students to choose from various courses. All these programmes are very informative in nature, provides in-depth knowledge pertaining to the subject. A complete list of Life Science Courses is:
|BSc Zoology||BSc Biology||BSc Genetics|
|BSc Advanced Plant Biology||BSc Cell Biology
|BSc Ecology and
for Life Science
and Animal Tissue Culture
Biology & Physiology
|BSc Biochemistry||BSc Microbiology|
|BSc Biotechnology||BSc Bioinformatics||BSc Biodiversity|
|BSc Food Science||BSc Food Technology||BSc Forestry|
|BSc Animal science||BSc Dairy Science||BSc Nursing|
|MSc Medical Genetics and Genomics||MSc Biostatistics||MSc. Aquaculture
|MSc Microbiology||MSc Developmental
|MSc Bioinformatics||MSc Industrial Microbiology||MSc Biodiversity
|MSc Medical Radiology||MSc Genomics
|MSc Dairy Science|
|MSc / M.Tech Genetic
|MTech/ MSc. Biotechnology||Mtech / MSc
|MSc Environmental science||MTech Marine science||MSc Food Technology|
|MSc Forensic science||MSc Endocrinology|
Top Universities for Life Science
Enlisted below are some of the leading universities offering Life Science courses:
|Harvard University||Cambridge, Massachusetts, US|
|Oxford University||Oxford UK|
|Johns Hopkins University||Baltimore, Maryland US|
|Massachusetts Institute of technology||Massachusetts, US|
|Stanford University||Stanford US|
|Imperial College London||London, UK|
|ETH Zurich||Zurich, Switzerland|
Due to the enormous scope of life science in contemporary times, many students are choosing life science as their full-time career. Its research is considered as authentic and need of an hour. And it’s important to know that there are lucrative jobs for life science graduates and they enjoy lavish lives with handsome salaries. Let’s understand some of the lucrative jobs which can help you set a milestone and create a distinctive space.[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- One of the primer scope of Biotechnology, these professionals combine the biology-the study of living things with technology.
- Conducts in-depth research in order to develop and make use of biology to solve the problems in various sectors like chemical industries, food production, pharmaceutical, health care, the agricultural sector, environmental protection etc.
- Enjoy a lucrative profile and handsome salary starting from 3 lakhs per month.
- These primarily focus on the development and application of data- analytical theoretical methods, computational simulation techniques, mathematical modelling and its techniques to study the behavioural system, social system, biological process etc.
- The field of Computational Biology also entails in the field of; Chemistry, Biophysics, Molecular biology, Ecology, Anatomy, Neuroscience, Visualization, Genetics, Animation, Statistics, Computer science, Applied mathematics
- They also enjoy lucrative salaries.
- These professionals examine medical samples like blood and tissue etc.
- They extensively help doctors to use their knowledge and help them to treat diseases.
- Have in-depth knowledge such as anatomy, pathology, and physiology.
- They have an in-depth understanding of Chemistry and Biology of Microbes.
- Microbiologist adopts their intelligence in the field of Food Processing, Water Management, Pharmaceuticals in order to manage and protect the environment.
Study Fields for Life Science
There are various fields of study in life science which have an impressive scope and are quite demanding in nature.
|Biology and medicine||Forsters Science
|Environmental science||Atmospheric Scientist
With an enormous scope and lucrative job profiles, the field of Life Science is expanding unstoppably with a plethora of scientific innovations coming it’s way. There are prestigious universities offering such courses to encourage students. Do you want to make a career in this field? If yes, then book your 30 minutes of counselling session with Leverage Edu your one-stop solution amid a dedicated team of mentors who help you recognise your talent and guide you to your dream study destination!