Oxford is one of the top five universities globally and home to over 40,000, of which around a third are international, coming from over 138 countries. It is the oldest university in the English-speaking world and traces its roots back to at least the end of the 11th century, although the exact date of foundation remains unclear. There are many famous and notable Indians who pursued their studies at Oxford University. These include the former Prime Minister of India – Indira Gandhi, Amitav Ghosh, Vikram Seth, Shashi Tharoor, Kapil Sibal, and many more. Oxford Application timeline is now open for the year 2022. In this blog, we take a look at the detailed application timeline for Oxford University so that you can plan your application accordingly.
This Blog Includes:
- Eligibility Criteria for the University of Oxford
- University of Oxford Application Timeline
- Documents Required for General Oxford Application
- English Proficiency Requirements for International Students
- University of Oxford Undergraduate Admission
- University of Oxford Graduate Admission
- University of Oxford International Admission
- Acceptance Rate at University of Oxford
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Oxford
To be eligible for admission to a degree programme at Oxford, you must have a good honours degree of at least 2:1 (or equivalent) from a recognised university. Oxford considers the following when deciding whether to make an offer:
- the academic quality of your previous study
- the strength of your personal statement
- your predicted or achieved grades
- the added value that you can bring to our diverse community through your interests and achievements, for example in athletics, drama or the creative arts
University of Oxford Application Timeline
Following are the deadlines for applying to the programs at Oxford.
|18 May 2021||UCAS Undergraduate application opens for 2022 entry.|
|7 September 2021||Applicants can pay and send their applications to UCAS. Then, universities and colleges can start making decisions on applications.|
|15 October 2021||Applications for Oxford, Cambridge and most courses in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine/science should arrive at UCAS by 18:00 (UK time). The reference needs to be completed before the application can be sent to us.|
|26 January 2022||Applications for the majority of undergraduate courses should arrive at UCAS by 18:00 (UK time) on the equal consideration date. The reference needs to be completed before the application can be sent.|
|25 February 2022||Extra starts for eligible applicants.|
|30 June 2022||If an application is sent by 18:00 (UK time) on this day, UCAS will send it to the chosen universities or colleges. Applications received after this date will automatically be entered into Clearing.|
|9 August 2022||SQA results day.|
|28 September 2022||The final deadline for applications to 2022 courses. Applications must arrive at UCAS by 18:00 (UK time).|
|18 October 2022||The deadline for adding Clearing choices.|
Documents Required for General Oxford Application
Here are the documents you need to have.
- Academic transcripts (of previous qualifications in the English language)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- References/LORs (academic / expert)
- Student CV/ Instructional Resume
- English language test score
- GMAT/ GRE
- Portfolio (academic/ professional)
English Proficiency Requirements for International Students
The following score of following tests are accepted as proof of English proficiency.
The actual score for eligibility varies by the course.
University of Oxford Undergraduate Admission
Applicants need to meet the following criteria to be a part of Oxford University –
- Complete their secondary education from a recognized institution.
- Complete their 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized institution with an overall aggregate of at least 70%.
- Similarly, Indian candidates who are appearing for class 12th board examinations may also apply for Oxford Undergraduate admission.
- All those who are applying under this category must have scored at least 7 band points in IELTS.
University of Oxford Undergraduate Admission Tests
Most International Undergraduate applicants are required to sit for the CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced) exam at a test center near you. The University of Oxford requires all applicants to sit for two examinations, namely;
- The Cambridge English: Advanced (minimum score required: 176)
- The Cambridge English: First (minimum score required: 172)
Students should keep the following important points in mind when applying.
- The scores must be submitted online by October 15th for students applying to start their respective courses in the next academic year.
- Applicants are advised to check their admission requirements on the University website before registering for the tests.
University of Oxford Graduate Admission
Normally, the Oxford application timeline and process for Oxford University follow this pattern:
- The applicant has to fill up an Application Form, which can be downloaded from the university’s website.
- This form should include academic information such as A level grades, degree results, test scores, etc., personal information such as address, phone number, etc., work experience, and extracurricular activities.
- The applicant has to send three copies of this form to the Admissions Office. One copy should be signed by both student and parent or guardian. The other two copies should be signed by the student only. It must reach Oxford University by 15th March (for most courses) or 30th June (for Medicine).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview in April or May (usually)
- For MBA: GBP 150 (INR 15069)
- For Other Programmes: GBP 75 (INR 7534)
University of Oxford International Admission
International applicants must apply online through the online application system called UCAS. The university also accepts offline applications. Keep the following in mind.
- In addition to the application fee, international students applying to Oxford must pay a supplemental application fee of GBP 150 (~INR 15,000) per program if they are not a citizen of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
- Students enrolling in the University of Oxford must provide evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition fees and living expenses for the duration of their course and UK health care insurance.
- Students from outside the EU applying for undergraduate admission must take an English language test.
Acceptance Rate at University of Oxford
For college students entering the school, it is particularly important to be aware of their level of popularity and the selection coverage. The Oxford University (OU) has an intensive application method for undergraduate courses as well as for graduate courses.
Oxford’s undergraduate courses are extraordinarily selective. In current years, the school has around 3,300 undergraduate attendees from over 23,000 applications. This implies a particularly selective admission with an undergraduate acceptance rate of 14%.
Oxford University is one of the leading universities in the world.Founded more than eight centuries ago, it lays claim to nine centuries of continuous existence.
It has an excellent reputation for teaching and research across a wide range of subjects, and it has produced many eminent men and women, including twenty-seven British prime ministers.
There are over 22,000 students at Oxford. These include undergraduates, postgraduates and staff who come from over 140 countries around the world. So, If you are willing to be a part of such a prestigious and renowned university you can reach out to the most profound Academic Counselors at Leverage Edu who can guide you with all the necessary steps.