Did you know Austin is considered the sunniest city in USA? It has an average of 300 days of sunshine not only Fortune 500 companies like Google, Apple, Tesla, and Oracle have also offices stationed here. Home to an abundance of universities with great academic programs and rich, diverse culture, Austin is one of the best places to study in the United States. Let’s explore top-ranked universities in Austin.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Austin?
- Education: Austin universities offer a variety of quality programs for students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate education. Austin is one of the friendliest and best student cities to live in the United States.
- Affordable Living: The cost of living in Austin is comparatively less than in other metropolitan areas in the US like Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, etc.
- Career growth: Completing a course and living in Austin is a great move for your career as according to the U.S. Bureau for Labour Statistics, Austin’s year-over-year increase of 7.3%, or 77,200 jobs, makes it the 11th best performing among the 50 largest metro areas (2020-2021)
- Rich culture: Austin is known for being a bit quirky. It is well known for its rich culture, especially its live music and art. People from around the world visit Austin for its world-class museums, seasonal music festivals and art exhibitions. The slogan Keep Austin Weird was used to promote the diversity and importance of small, local businesses in the city, which has now become the unofficial slogan for the city.
- Rankings: Ranked as the 8th Best Place for Business and Careers by Forbes in 2019 with 16th rank on education and 9th rank on job growth.
Top Universities in Austin
Following are the top universities in Austin with their respective rankings:
|#72 (QS World ranking 2023)||University Of Texas at Austin|
|#251-300 (QS World ranking 2023)||St. Edward’s University|
|#94-122 in Regional Universities West (US news rankings 2022)||Concordia University Texas|
|Ranked as a Top Hispanic-Serving Online college or university in Texas by Texas Online Colleges.||Austin community college District|
|#34 in Regional Colleges West (US news rankings 2022)||Huston-Tillotson University|
Also Read: Universities in Washington
University Of Texas at Austin
University of Texas at Austin is a public research university that was established in 1883 in Austin, Texas and is the flagship school of the University of Texas system. It is one of the largest campuses in the US stretching across 430 acres. Students choose UT Austin for its academic excellence, its commitment to research and teaching and its location and diversity. It is one of the world’s leading research universities and has an internationally distinguished faculty that includes winners of the Nobel Prize, Pulitzer Prize, National Medal of Science, Wolf Prize, and countless other awards.
Did you know, the library at UT Austin is the USA’s fifth-largest academic library and one of the top 10 research libraries?
- Type: Public University
- Courses Offered: UT Austin offers over 400 different courses on campus in its 18 colleges/schools. They offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, law degrees, medical degrees along with dual degree programs and portfolio programs.
- Tuition Fee: $10,000-45,000 per semester(INR 7.45-33.53 lakhs) depending upon the course and degree.
Colleges under the University of Texas at Austin:
- Cockrell School of Engineering
- College of Education
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Pharmacy
- Dell Medical School
- Jackson School of Geosciences
- LBJ School of Public Affairs
- McCombs School of Business
- Moody College of Communication
- School of Architecture
- School of Law
- School of Nursing
- Steve Hicks School of Social Work
The University of Texas at Austin also has an extended campus. TEXAS Extended Campus helps college students, entry-level job seekers, professionals, corporations and government agencies along with retirees through their academic partnerships, customised training solutions, conference and event services, etc.
St. Edward’s University
St. Edward’s University is a nationally ranked, Holy Cross University in Austin, Texas which was established in 1885. It is one of the top 10 schools in the region and provides excellent and personalised education to its students. It offers 55+ undergraduate and graduates degrees and each freshman gets a success coach who helps them create a personalised road map for their future. It is affiliated with 21 international partner universities and provides access to world-class internships and career experiences.
- Type: Private, non-profit university
- Courses Offered: The university offers 8 master’s degree programs and 50+ undergraduate degrees in a wide variety of disciplines through its 4 schools.
- Tuition Fee:
|Undergraduate Tuition||$49,146 (INR 36.80 lakhs)|
|Graduate Tuition (per credit hour)||$932 – $1,610 (INR 69,800- 1.20 lakhs)|
|Residence Hall, with Roommates (Estimated)||$8,322 (INR 6,23 lakhs)|
|Meal Plan (Estimated)||$5,086 (INR 3.80 lakhs)|
|Comprehensive Fee (For 12 or more registered hours)||$850 (INR 63,659)|
|Health Insurance||$2,284 (INR 1.71 lakhs)|
Schools Under St. Edward’s University:
- School of Arts and Humanities.
- School of Behavioral and Social Sciences.
- School of Natural Sciences.
- The Bill Munday School of Business.
Concordia University Texas
Concordia University Texas was founded in 1926 and is Austin’s leading Christian university. It is affiliated with The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. It is a regionally accredited institution of liberal arts and sciences offering various undergraduate and graduate courses as well as online degrees and adult degree programs. Students from all backgrounds are welcome and the university empowers them to lead lives of critical thought, compassionate action and courageous leadership.
- Ranking: 94-122 in Regional Universities West (US news)
- Type: Private University
- Courses offered: It offers more than 20 majors in Business & Communication, Education, Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences, Natural & Applied Sciences and Nursing across its 7 colleges. Its graduate programs include master’s degree programs in Education (MEd), Business Administration (MBA) and Nursing, and a doctoral program in Education (EdD).
- Tuition fee:
|Undergraduate||$33,600 (INR 25 lakhs ) annually|
|MBA Program||$760 (INR 56,931) per credit hour|
|MEd Program||$580 (INR 43,447) per credit hour|
|MPH Program||$550 (INR 41,200) per credit hour|
|EdD Program||$775 (INR 58,055)per credit hour|
Colleges Under Concordia University Texas:
- College of Business & Communication
- College of Education
- College of Health Sciences
- School of Ministry
- School of Fine Arts
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School and Natural and Applied Sciences
Austin Community College District
Austin Community College District is a public, nationally recognised community college serving Central Texas. It provides affordable higher education and technical training opportunities to its students through traditional and distance learning modes. Their aim is to help students earn a degree, learn a marketable skill or advance in their careers. It is a diverse, gender-inclusive college. It provides vocational and technical programs, adult education, special instruction programs and tutorial services for the differently-abled, a program of technology, library, media, and testing services to support instruction along with appropriately applied baccalaureate degrees and career guidance and counselling.
- Ranking: Ranked as a top Hispanic-serving online college or university in Texas by Texas Online Colleges
- Type: Public University
- Courses offered: It offers 100+ programs of study in 10 areas of study through its 11 campuses.
- Tuition fee: $353(INR 26,449) per credit hour for international and out-of-state students.
Campuses Under Austin Community College District:
- Cypress Creek Campus, Cedar Park
- Eastview Campus, East Austin
- Elgin Campus
- Hays Campus, Kyle
- Highland Campus, Central Austin
- Rio Grande Campus, Downtown Austin
- Riverside Campus, Southeast Austin
- South Austin Campus,South Austin
- Northridge Campus, North Austin
Also Read: Top Universities in Virginia
Huston-Tillotson University was established in 1875 and is a private historically black university in Austin, Texas. It was the first institute of higher learning in Austin and is affiliated with the United Methodist Church, the United Church of Christ, and the United Negro College Fund. It provides various undergraduate and graduate programs to its diverse student population.
- Ranking: 34 in Regional Colleges West(US news)
- Type: Private University
- Courses offered: The university offers bachelor’s degrees in business, education, humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, science, music and technology. It offers graduate degrees in Business Administration and Educational Leadership. It also offers adults degrees programs
- Tuition fee: $15,250(INR 11 lakhs) annually
Colleges Under Huston-Tillotson University:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Business and Technology
- University College
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. To study in universities in Austin students must apply from the official websites of the different universities. Students can apply through portals like Common App and Coalition App which have multiple universities located in the USA registered on the platform. (However, many universities may not be registered on these applications) You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to the USA! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for universities in Austin, USA:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, USA students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
Want to be a part of the top universities in Austin? Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu and kickstart your study abroad journey. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE counselling session today.