An MBA in International Business in the USA is a great path for you to grab lucrative career opportunities in the global market. It is suitable for a lot of people who are experienced in leadership positions and want to climb the ladder in the domain of global business. The aim to pursue a global career is not an easy one. But it isn’t impossible, either. Let’s dive deep into a better understanding of an MBA in International Business in the USA.
This Blog Includes:
- What MBA in International Business in the USA?
- Why Study MBA in International Business in the USA?
- Top MBA Schools in the USA
- Eligibility Criteria
- Cost of Studying for MBA in International Business in the USA
- Jobs & Salary
What MBA in International Business in the USA?
Similar to a regular MBA degree, an MBA in International Business covers all the topics of Business Administration, including topics on management. The overview of the course covers more subjects like finance, marketing, accounting, and leadership. Alongside that, an MBA in International Business, as the name suggests, talks about an in-depth understanding of business at an international level.
The course teaches you about the functioning of the global market. Moreover, it discusses the global challenges facing foreign markets and global companies. The impact of cross-border relationships and the socio-economic state of the world also factor in the discussion of international business.
The approach to international business, concerning the homeland, and the global climate circles around the study of an MBA in international business.
Why Study MBA in International Business in the USA?
Choosing a study abroad destination is not easy. But with a few reasons, as stated below, we are going to tell you why an MBA in International Business in the USA is the appropriate choice for you.
- It is the birthplace of the Master’s in Business Administration, so naturally, its branches such as MBA in International Business are esteemed in equally high regard.
- The USA offers MBAs in the form of regular MBAs, executive MBAs, or Part-Time MBAs. The duration of the course is usually from one to two years. Depending on the availability, eligibility, and preference of the applicant, the specialisation in the MBA can be decided.
- The curriculum of an MBA in International Business in the USA involves a combination of projects and internships that prepares the student for further career opportunities.
- The USA also has some of the best business schools, as a result of which, students are attracted to the country to pursue their MBA with a specialization in International Business.
- The USA also stands firm in its position of producing MBA graduates in the global market, making it the appropriate choice to study an MBA in international business. In short, the country’s global brand value is strong.
Top MBA Schools in the USA
According to QS World University Global MBA Ranking 2022, the following are the top MBA schools in the USA:
|Universities||QS Global MBA Ranking 2022|
|Stanford Graduate School of Business||1|
|Harvard Business School||2|
|Columbia Business School||9|
|UC Berkeley (Haas)||11|
|Yale School of Management||18|
Popular Business Schools in the USA
As the USA is a top study destination for aspiring business students, let’s move forward to talk about some of the popular International Business schools/ universities for MBA in the USA.
|Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina|
|Georgetown University (McDonough)|
|New York University (Stern)|
|Florida International University|
|University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)|
|Saint Louis University (Chaifetz)|
|The University of California, Berkeley (Haas)|
The eligibility criteria for pursuing this field are as follows:
|Full Time MBA in International Business(1-2 years)||Executive MBA in International Business (2 years)||One Year MBA in International Business(1 year)|
|Minimum percentage or GPA as mentioned by the university||Bachelor’s in a relevant field with a minimum of 50%||Must be a graduate from a recognised university with a minimum aggregate of 55%|
|Relevant work experience is preferred, as demanded by the university||Relevant work experience is mandatory||Usually, 4-5 years of experience is required|
Must have completed 16 years of education. This means 10+2+4 education, or should have completed a four-year bachelor’s program IELTS/PTE/TOEFL scores, as specified by the university, are required for non-native English speakers.GMAT or GRE scores, depending upon the university.
- Graduation transcripts
- Post-graduation transcript
- Evidence of citizenship (Passport)
- Name and contact details of two professional references.
- CV/ Resume (updated)
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Score
- Statement of Purpose
The application process takes place over some time, It begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes, generally, the fall intake and spring intake, for international students to kick start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university
Cost of Studying for MBA in International Business in the USA
First, let’s see what the tuition fees for pursuing MBA are, in the USA. Please note that the tuition fees depend on the school to school. For some universities, it can be higher than others. There’s also the factor of online and offline MBA. An online MBA, comparatively, is cheaper than an offline MBA. The fee shall also differ based on the specialisation and course duration.
In the USA, the average tuition fee for an MBA ranges from $50,000 – $60,000 (INR 41 lakh to 50 lakh) per year.
The tuition fee for an MBA in International Business in the USA is around 18,000 to 80,000 USD (INR 15 Lakh to 59 Lakh). Some of the additional expenses are mentioned below.
|Groceries||INR 2 lakh|
|Meals||INR 7 lakh|
|Public Transport||INR 1 lakh|
|Dormitory||INR 4 lakh|
|Rented Apartment||INR 10 lakh|
Please find below some of the scholarships offered.
|Yale University||Jacob’s Fellowship – Loan Forgiveness Program||$25,000 (INR 20.5 lakh)|
|Thunderbird School of Global Management (Arizona State University)||Ann Weaver Nichols Scholarship Program||$500 (INR 41k)|
|University of South Carolina (Darla Moore School of Business)||Moore School Excellence Award||$500 to $20,000 (INR 41k to 16 lakh)|
Jobs & Salary
There are various jobs that you can land with an MBA in International Business. Please find them below, alongside their salary ranges.
|Marketing Manager||USD 43,000 – 99,000 (INR 35.6 lakh to 82 lakh)|
|Management Analyst||USD 47,000 – 90,000 (INR 40 lakh to 74 lakh)|
|Sales Manager||USD 68,500 – 124,000 (INR 56 lakh to 1 crore)|
|Management Consultant||USD 59,000 – 143,000 (INR 50 lakh to 1.1 crores)|
|International Trade Specialist||USD 42,000 – 90,000 (INR 34 lakh to 74 lakh)|
|Finance Controller||USD 55,000 – 124,000 (45 lakh to 1 crore)|
The MBA program at Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina is addressed as one of the best.
Similar to a regular MBA degree, an MBA in International Business covers all the topics of Business Administration, including topics on management. Alongside that, an MBA in International Business, as the name suggests, talks about an in-depth understanding of business at an international level
Yes, the pay scale of jobs after completion of an MBA in international business is extremely high.
The USA is the top study destination country when it comes to MBA in International Business.
This was all about MBA in International Business in the USA. If you want to get into a high-ranked university in the USA, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need a flawless application. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.