Education plays a pivotal role in all of our lives and paves the way for all of us to reach our highest potential. When we talk about the importance of education in life, it is extremely important to understand what is education? In this blog, we explore the importance of education in life, the significance of modern education and its many aspects. Read on!
This Blog Includes:
What is Education?
Education is the medium which gives us the skills, techniques, information and knowledge to know, understand and respect the duties we have towards our society, families and the nation. Therefore, the magnitude of the importance of education in life is huge as well as multifold. The importance of education in life is that it helps everyone develop a good perspective of looking at the world and our society. Education helps us in getting new ideas and exploring new ideas.
Importance of Education: In Society
The modern, developed and industrialised world is running on the wheels of education. To be able to survive in the competitive world, we all need education as a torch which leads the way. Mentioned below are the various features of education which outline the importance of education.
- Safety Against Crime: The chances of an educated person getting involved in crime or criminal acts are very low. An educated person is well aware of his/ her surroundings and is less susceptible to getting cheated or be fooled.
- Women Empowerment: The empowerment of women is an essential and important pillar to optimize the good functioning of our society and nation as a whole. We can break old customs like child marriage, sati, dowry, etc only by educating the men and women of our nation. The fundamental right of Right to Freedom and Expression can only be achieved if the women of our country are educated and empowered. We can win the fight against the many social evils.
- Removing Poverty: Education is pivotal in removing our poverty from our society and our country. The clutches of poverty are very harsh and one of the main factors behind all the problems of our society. If a person if well educated, he/she can get a good job and earn money to sustain his/ her family.
- Preventing War and Terrorism: Education teaches everyone the importance of peace and brotherhood. The importance of staying united and spreading love is the need of the hour. To achieve world peace and prevent war and terrorism, education is important.
- Maintaining Law and Order: A good political ideology can only be developed if the citizens of our country are educated and taught the importance of following and respecting the law and order of our country. Law-abiding citizens contribute majorly in improving and sustaining the law and order of the country and the world.
Importance of Education for a Country
Mentioned below are the reasons why education is importance for our country, as well as any country in the world.
- Citizens of a country understand their true potential through the means of education.
- Education helps is getting an individual a good-paying job, which helps in improving the economic status of his/ her family.
- It teaches an individual the importance of differentiating between good and bad as well as right and wrong.
- An educated person can strive for the betterment of a country,
- More educated individuals help in creating more jobs for everyone. This is turn helps in solving the problem of unemployment in the country.
- Voting which is one of the basic tenets of our thriving democracy is better understood and utilised as a right only through the means of education.
Education as a Tool for Development
The stakeholders of education, namely, governments, organisations and students themselves agree on its multidimensional essentiality. High-quality education, particularly tertiary education is a major catalyst of development in families across the income spectrum. Further, with the integration of multidimensional goals, the importance of education has accentuated and individuals have grown more conscious towards environment and society developing an awareness lacking in previous generations. Published on the World Bank blog, the article on “Education is Fundamental to Development and Growth” aptly summarises the fact that education, through various methods, carries the potential to transform people’s lives.
Don’t Forget to Check Out: Special Education Courses
Importance of Education: Understanding our Responsibilities
An uneducated individual can never be fully aware his/ her responsibilities towards each other as human beings and the world as a whole. As human beings we have to give back to the society we live in and make it a better place to live for everybody. Proper education teaches an individual to think beyond than their own personal interests and helps them in developing an ability to make the world a happier, safer place for the next generation.
Emphasis on Creativity
One of the major points of importance of education today stems from the fact that the multifarious tools and techniques adopted afford greater avenues of creativity in various shapes and forms. Universities study curricula not only includes drama and art in education but also sports, athletics, public speaking, entrepreneurship, photography, diplomacy, volunteering and much more. With technology changing the face of education, students can utilise digital advancements to gain an all-round understanding of their chosen field of interest and develop an awareness of the prevalent issues and further to contribute towards the betterment of it.
The Role of Institutions
Institutions across the globe, recognising the importance of education in one’s life, operate with flexible previous studies criteria and along with considering multiple other factors such as experience and extracurricular activities, amongst others. This encourages individuals hailing from a diversity of backgrounds to apply and gain access to best-in-class infrastructure, leading professors and a multicultural study environment. For instance, now, to enter into a master’s program in a specialised field like Arts Studies and Appreciation, an individual from sciences will also be considered if they harbour a genuine interest to study Arts. Further, with a myriad of scholarships such as MIT Scholarships, Aga Khan Scholarship and Inlaks Scholarships, finance is no longer a constraint for higher studies.
Continuing Education & Lifelong Learning
Distance learning, adult education and online education are all incremental steps towards highlighting the importance of education. With the growing need for access to quality education at one’s ease and comfort, many top colleges around the globe have included degree and non-degree study programs as part of their course offerings. Now, not only one can take topic-specific courses online but major degrees such as bachelor’s and master’s can also be taken at one’s own pace. Further, a huge number of degrees have no restrictions related to age and background as well.
Also Read: Objectives of Educational Technology
The Need for Counselling
On the flip side, a considerable number of individuals going through the varied levels of education, i.e, primary, secondary and higher education often tend to become detached from their studies and find it difficult to pinpoint their interests to further assess which fields suit their interests. Consequently, this results in the high dropout rates experienced in India. In this respect, educational counselling can play a major role in aiding students in a variety of choices, namely opting a stream/specialisation, job-related decisions and even emotional and financial support.
You cannot Miss these Educational Quotes!
In a conscious effort to underline the importance of education, Leverage Edu offers a one-stop and comprehensive solution catering to the educational needs of students and professionals. From AI-based counselling and mentoring by international experts to providing assistance in getting admission into top universities as well as post-admission services, we understand that the present-day need for students does not end merely at career counselling but they might also require wholesome education-related guidance. If you are an individual looking to build a career or already a few years into a profession, take advantage of the free 30-minute counselling session at Leverage Edu and step towards making the right decisions to advance towards your dream career.