What is a good objective for a teacher resume? Writing a career objective for your teaching resume is your opportunity to showcase your passion, skills, goals and objectives towards a career in teaching. Here is a perfect career objective for teacher: “To secure a position as a teacher and utilize my dedication to foster quality education required for a child’s development.” Remember to add your skills and key aim to pursue your career as a teacher from promoting holistic education and development to ensuring quality education. Read this blog to find the best career objectives for teacher, skills to add, a teaching resume sample and more!
Must Explore: Teacher Training Courses
This Blog Includes:
- Best Objective for Teacher Resume
- Teacher Resume Headlines
- Skills for Teacher Resume
- Career Objective for Professor
- Resume Objective for Online Teaching Positions
- Skills to Add in Online Teacher Resume
- Career Objective for Maths Teacher
- Career Objective for Science Teacher
- Teacher Resume Sample
- How do you Write an Objective for Teaching?
Best Objective for Teacher Resume
A career objective for teacher is an assertion about the aspirant’s goals and expectations for employment. As a teacher, your career objective defines that you are capable to offer students with the best of knowledge and make them grasp subject concepts as efficiently as possible. It doesn’t really matter how you formulate your resume, rather what values are your consistent dedication towards being a teacher and shaping the life of every student. As a teacher, it is vital for you to convey your skills, expectations and dedication to teach the youth of today.
Here are the best objectives for teacher resume:
- “To secure a position as a teacher and utilize my dedication to foster quality education required for a child’s development.”
- “Develop and promote creativity and high-order thinking skills that increase the performance of the students.”
- “To build a long-term profession as a teacher that will offer endless opportunities for career growth and to keep up with cutting-edge educational technologies.”
- “As an entry-level teacher, I would like to leverage my extrovert and dynamic approach in teaching students. With my great administrative and coordination skills, I would work to perform organisational tasks and duties. Guiding the students to encourage them to participate in constructive programs would be my aim as a teacher.”
- “To obtain a teaching position in special education which will allow me to utilise my interest and passion for student development combined with skills and experience that will enable me to make a significant contribution at XYZ school.”
- “Seeking a teaching position at XYZ school as an English teacher to share my passion for the subject as well as enlighten young minds to gain proficiency in this language.”
- “Seeking a teaching position at an elementary school to utilise my dedication and passion for fulfilling children’s educational needs and development.”
- “To obtain a teaching position where I can utilise my knowledge of advanced teaching methods such as team learning and e-learning.”
- “Passionate, Creative and Certified teacher with a bachelor’s degree in Education and a zeal to foster holistic education and learning to children of all ages.”
- “Qualified and resourceful teacher with a master’s degree in education and proven knowledge of educational technology, blended online learning and curriculum design.
Teacher Resume Headlines
Here are best samples for the teacher resume headlines:
- “Looking forward to joining the team at [name of the school] as a classroom teacher, bringing about English bilingual skills and extraordinary abilities to help students master their talents and knowledge required to graduate from high school with good grades.”
- “A qualified school teacher with proven experience to enhance student’s performance.”
- “A highly enthusiastic and hardworking teacher with a focus on literature and five years of teaching experience in a private school setting looking for a stable teaching position at [name of the school].”
- “Creative and capable teacher with five years of diverse instructional experience.”
- “Seeking the job of a 9th and 10th-grade English-language teacher in a challenging environment where my outstanding expertise to execute the curriculum range and continuity required and adopted by the school governing board will be fully utilized.”
- “As an experienced teacher, I would like to devise and foster fascinating, captivation and unique practices to intrigue the students.”
- “Fully certified school teacher with a master’s degree in Educational Technology and diverse teaching experience at the primary and secondary school level.”
Recommended Read: Nursery Teacher Training Courses
Skills for Teacher Resume
While you draft a career objective for teacher, always remember to highlight the below-listed skills and talents, which will help you reflect your strong image in front of your employer:
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Decision Making
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
Quick Read: TTC Courses
Career Objective for Professor
The career objectives for a teacher resume are also quite similar to that of a college or a university professor resume. Here are the best career objectives for a resume of a professor or lecturer:
“Seeking the position of a college professor with seven years of teaching experience along with brilliant communication and interpersonal skills.”
“Dedicated and hardworking individual with a postgraduate degree in English Literature (or any other area of study as per your specialisation) and exceptional teaching and communication skills searching for the position of a lecturer in English Literature at ______ (university/college name)”
“Searching for suitable opportunities in lecturership in Computer Science at a university to utilize my extensive education and expertise and impart 10 years of knowledge and facilitate interactive and research-oriented learning.”
“Highly motivated and dedicated individual with a doctorate in Civil Engineering and excellent teaching skills and knowledge of educational technologies looking for the position of a professor in Civil Engineering at ______ (university/college name)”
Also Read: Primary Teaching Courses
Skills to Add in a Professor’s Resume
Here are the major skills you can use for drafting an impressive career objective and resume of a professor/lecturer:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Expertise in the area of study that you are applying for the lecturership
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
- Organisational skills as well as demonstrating a co-operative and professional interest towards working with a faculty, staff and students
- Interest in curating and design course curriculums
- Project management and planning skills
- Interest in mentoring undergraduates
- Ability to facilitate an interactive learning environment with an integral focus on research and practical training as well.
Resume Objective for Online Teaching Positions
With online learning becoming the new normal in 2020, you might also be applying for online teaching positions where putting your career objective might be tricky. So, here are some of the best resume objectives for online teaching:
- “Seeking an online teaching position to utilise my advanced-level internet skills, knowledge of educational technology and internet applications to provide education and mentor students.”
- “Highly motivated teacher with digital skills and excellent teaching skills looking for a suitable online teaching position to facilitate interactive online learning.”
- “Searching for the position of an online Math teacher at a reputed academic institution. Possess outstanding teaching and mentoring skills, knowledge of blended learning and educational technology as well as excellent interpersonal skills.”
- “A highly enthusiastic online teacher with over two years of experience teaching English to secondary grades and proficiency in digital education technologies with outstanding communication and teaching skills.”
- “To obtain an online teaching position at ______ School/University to teach English through highly interactive online methods and technologies.”
Skills to Add in Online Teacher Resume
Writing the resume of an online teacher can be slight different. Here are the top online education skills you must in your online teacher resume:
- Knowledge of Educational Technology
- Excellent at Facilitating Online Learning
- Digital Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Interactive Online Teaching and Learning Methods
- Understanding of Digital Assessment Tools and Technologies
- Interest in Curating Online Curriculum and Assignments
- Knowledge of Class Management Tools
- Presentation Tools
Career Objective for Maths Teacher
- Seeking the position of Maths teacher at a secondary school to implement my knowledge of mathematical aptitude as well as analytical and quantitative reasoning skills to students.
- To secure the role of Maths teacher at an elementary school to use my knowledge of educational technology and interactive learning methods to impart mathematical skills and aptitude to young students.
- To obtain an online teaching position as a Maths Teacher at a reputed academic institution. BA Maths Honors graduate with BEd degree and outstanding teaching and mentoring skills, knowledge of blended learning and educational technology as well as excellent interpersonal skills.”
Career Objective for Science Teacher
- Seeking the job of a Science teacher in a challenging environment where my outstanding expertise to execute the curriculum range and continuity required and adopted by the school governing board will be fully utilized.
- Searching for the role of a Science teacher to impart the knowledge of the fundamental discipline of Science in an interactive and educational manner to students of all ages.
- Seeking a teaching position at _____ school as a Science teacher to share my passion for the subject as well as enlighten young minds to gain a better understanding of this subject in an engaging as well as a learner-oriented environment.
Teacher Resume Sample
To help you understand where and how to place your career objective for teacher, here is a resume sample you must take a look at.
Also Read: Career Objective for a Fresher
How do you Write an Objective for Teaching?
The first and foremost part of writing a career objective for teacher is to never mention it as “resume objective” because it is quite an outdated term. Mention it as “professional summary” or simply write “career objective”. A career objective or professional summary is an essential part of a professional resume especially for those having experience in their chosen field. Here are some of the key things you must keep in mind while writing a career objective for a teaching resume:
- In simple terms, a teaching resume objective should state who you are, the value you aim to bring to the job profile as well as any experience and skills that make you the ideal candidate for this position.
- Mention your prior experience (if any) or elucidate upon your passion for this profession.
- Keep the career objective crisp and concise and under a maximum word limit of 20-30 words.
- Add your dexterity in using educational technology for pedagogy.
- Make sure to highlight how you can effectively use conventional teaching approaches with technological ones.
Check Out: Objectives of Educational Technology
There are five essential elements you must mention in your career objective for teacher. These elements are an overview of your profile, educational qualifications, work experience, skills with extra emphasis on the understanding of educational technology and highlight that you can effectively utilise modern learning methods in place of the conventional teaching approach.
Here are some of the best career objectives for a teacher:
“To obtain a teaching position where I can utilise my knowledge of advanced teaching methods such as team learning and e-learning.”
“Develop and promote creativity and high-order thinking skills that increase the performance of the students.”
“To secure a position as a teacher and utilize my dedication to foster quality education required for a child’s development.”
“To build a long-term profession as a teacher that will offer endless opportunities for career growth and to keep up with cutting-edge educational technologies.”
The best way to write a good career objective for a resume is to tailor it according to the job profile as well as what skills and experiences make you the ideal fit for the role.
You don’t decide to become a teacher because you want to become rich, you do it because you have a passion for education. Having a career objective for teacher resume sets the tone and immediately captures the reader’s attention? Are you looking forward to create a job-winning resume for your teaching profession, save your time and reach out our experts at Leverage Edu.