From procuring raw material to supplying finished goods and services, supply chain management is the backbone of every great organization. Supply Chain Management is one of the most popular courses in the UK with a huge spectrum of companies from diverse fields like aerospace, electrical, education, food management, fashion, and logistics hiring supply chain managers. The demand for an MSc Supply Chain Management has grown tremendously amongst international students. Here’s everything about the top universities for Supply Chain Management in the UK!
Also Read: MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
This Blog Includes:
What is Supply Chain Management?
Supply Chain Management is the management of supply and stock of products/services. It takes care of the supply side of the business. From procurement of raw materials to shipping out final goods- the entire process is supervised by a supply chain manager. Supply chain has grown as a critical business function as it maintains the product of a business. Top universities for supply chain management in the UK teach their students these four parts of supply chain management in detail:
- Global Decisions of product and process selection
Must Read: Supply Chain Management Courses
Popular Courses for Supply Chain Management in UK
While universities for supply chain management in the UK provide the subject as a degree, there are various specializations under SCM that can be pursued independently. Let’s have a look at the popular supply chain management courses in the UK:
- MSc Supply Chain Management
- MSc Operations, Project and Supply Chain Management
- MS Global Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA with Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management with Work Placement
- MSc in Business with Logistics and Supply Chain Management 2 Years (With Advanced Practice in Second Year)
Top Universities for Supply Chain Management in UK
|University||QS World University Ranking 2022|
Top UK Universities for Supply Chain Management with Work Placements
- Coventry University
- University of Northampton
- Cardiff University
- Northumbria University
- Sheffield Hallam University
Also Read: MSc Management in UK
Universities for supply chain management in UK require Indian students to have fulfilled the following eligibility criteria to apply to them:
- All academic transcripts
- Minimum 60% in bachelor’s degree (preferably management) from a recognised university in India.
- Proof of English proficiency like IELTS/TOEFL (varies from university to university)
- GMAT/GRE or university-specific entrance exam
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- Resume with latest qualifications
Although these are the minimum requirements for all universities for supply chain management in UK, there might be university-specific requirements that you must check out before sending in your application.
How to Apply?
Applying to universities for supply chain management in UK is similar to that of any university in UK. The detailed step by step process is given below for your easy understanding:
- Register to the UCAS portal and create your profile.
- Go to your preferred university’s website and check their special requirements and submission deadlines.
- Attach the important documents and test scores to your application.
- Make sure that all the documents are in the English language to avoid any kind of reservation from the university’s end.
- If required, the university may ask for an online interview as a part of its screening process.
- Once accepted, you can apply for the UK tier 4 visa for students.
Applications for January intake have started and Indian students have started submitting applications to their dream universities in the UK. Still, confused about the process? Call our experts at 1800-572-000 and book your 30-minute counseling session now!
Cost of Studying
The average tuition fee supply management course even in the cheapest universities in UK is ₹15 to ₹29 lakhs per year. A usual course in supply management spans over at least 12 months. Apart from the tuition fee, there are two other types of costs you incur while applying to the top universities for supply chain management in the UK: cost of application and cost of living in UK.
The cost of the application includes the application fee, aptitude test fee, visa application fee, etc.
|Type of Cost||Average Expense|
|Application fee (only applicable for certain universities)||₹6200|
|UK Tier 4 application fee||₹35,960|
Cost of living in the expenses you incur when you stay in UK while pursuing a postgraduate course in supply chain management.
|Type of Cost||Average Expense|
|Accommodation||₹41,320-₹61,980 per month|
|Food||₹4,130-₹5,165 per month|
|Travel||₹3,205 per month|
|Utilities (Internet, mobile bill, etc)||₹5,165 per month|
|Entertainment||₹10,330 per month|
If you have graduated from the top universities for supply chain management in UK, you can apply for the job profiles in the following fields:-
- Inventory Management
- Military Logistics
Let’s have a look at some of the common supply chain management jobs:-
- Supply Chain Manager
- Business analyst
- Commodity Specialist
- Demand Planning Manager
- Director of Global Procurement
- Director of Logistics
- Director of Operations
- Plant Manager
- Sourcing Specialist
- Import/export Specialist
- Transportation Specialist/Planner
Supply chain management is one of the high paying jobs in UK in the field of management. The average salary of a supply chain manager is ₹40.91 lakhs per year. This figure depends upon your job-specific and soft skills as well.
Also Read: How to Become a Supply Chain Manager
We know how choosing the course is much more difficult than choosing the university to study in. If you want to know whether supply chain management in UK universities is the course for you or not, try our AI Course Finder or call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000!