Founded in 1946, New England College is a private, fully-accredited college that was established following the Second World War to provide education to women and servicemen of the war veteran families. Located in the town of Henniker, New Hampshire, the College educates 5000+ students from all over the world. The New England College MBA program is a comprehensive course that prepares working professionals or recent graduates in the ropes of modern business management. The college offers Undergraduate and Graduate programs through its campus at Henniker, the Institute of Art and Design in Manchester and online and is fully accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education. In this blog, we take you through everything you must know about pursuing the New England College MBA program.
|Endowment||11.6 million USD|
|Campus Housing Capacity||36%|
|English language proficiency score||6.5 TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as grants, awards and scholarships|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at New England College?
- New England College MBA Course Overview
- New England College MBA Syllabus
- MBA Specialisations at New England College
- Eligibility for MBA at New England College
- Cost of Studying
- MBA Scholarships at New England College
- Placements at New England College
Why Study at New England College?
- As of fall 2020, New England College had an enrollment of 4,327 students (1,776 undergraduate and 2,551 graduate students). The university is regionally accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education.
- New England College has been publicly recognized by Time Magazine as one of the top 25 universities in the country for the most diversified student body since 1990. The school increased its diversity efforts by establishing an Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI).
- New England College has been publicly recognized by Time Magazine as one of the top 25 universities in the country for the most diversified student body since 1990. There are more than 60 Associate and Bachelor’s degrees, more than 20 master’s degrees, and a doctoral program to choose from at New England College. Further, there are several professor-led trips where students can apply their classroom learning through real-world applications. Also, the College offers more than 1,000 internship opportunities through which students can get hands-on experience in their field.
New England College MBA Course Overview
- The New England College MBA program is designed to expand students’ knowledge of the key elements of leadership, including problem-solving, effective communication, employee motivation, and negotiation.
- Through the MBA program, students advance their careers by developing advanced strategic leadership skills, sound business practices and a deep understanding of organisational dynamics in management for the aspiring global professional.
- Curriculum Practical Training (CPT) for eligible mandatory internships is available for international students enrolled in the programs.
New England College MBA Syllabus
Following is the course curriculum for MBA in New England College:
- Organisational Leadership and Change
- Managerial Accounting
- Economics for Decision Making
- Finance for Leaders
- Strategic Marketing
- Strategic Planning and Policy
- Capstone Project
- Management Division Elective
MBA Specialisations at New England College
Following are the top MBA specialisations at New England College:
|Business Administration – Healthcare Management Concentration||Online|
|Business Administration – Sports and Recreation Management Concentration||Online|
|Master of Business Administration in Strategic Leadership||18 months|
|Business Administration, Executive MBA||Less than 2 years|
|Business Administration, MBA||Less than 2 years|
Eligibility for MBA at New England College
Following is the basic eligibility for MBA at New England College:
- Students must have a good degree with honours and satisfactory credentials from their university in order to be admitted to this program.
- Non-graduates will be considered individually based on relevant work experience and/or professional qualifications.
- Passed degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution with 50-55% or GCPA 6.0 or more.
In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent tests to be admitted to this program.
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for MBA at New England College:
- Step 1- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- Step 2- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Step 3- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Step 4- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually.
- Step 5 -Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
The following are the requirements of the relevant documents for international students:
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- Portfolio (if asked or required)
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- GMAT/GRE scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
Cost of Studying
The tuition fee for MBA programs for one year is around INR 19 – 23 Lakhs.
Cost of Living
|Expense||Amount (Per Annum)|
|Accommodation||GBP 3,828 (INR 3.82 lacs)|
|Internet and phone service||GBP 324 (INR 32,300)|
|Transportation||GBP 924 (INR 92,200)|
|Food||GBP 2,004 (INR 2 lacs)|
|Personal Expenses||GBP 1,164 (INR 1.6 lacs)|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||GBP 240 (INR 23,900)|
MBA Scholarships at New England College
When pursuing higher education abroad one of the essential things that students often go through is financial problems. Thus, New England College offers an array of scholarships for students planning to pursue higher education at the institution. Some popular scholarships are:
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|Alta Petenda Scholarship||18,118 USD(INR 14.7 lacs)||Yes|
Placements at New England College
New England College offers professional development services to its students through its Office of Career and Life Planning (CLP). The university offers students the opportunity to conduct mock interviews to fully prepare them for their internships. In addition, the university also supports students in creating their CV and in searching for potential jobs and employers through numerous positions. A Graduate career salary is $45,200(INR 36.7 lacs). Top multinational companies including Amazon, and Verizon recruit graduates from New England College. According to PayScale, the average salary of New England College graduates is $64,792(INR 52.7 lacs).
The following are the top companies and organisations that recruit graduates from New England College are:
- The United States Marine Corps
International undergraduate students may apply to New England College by completing the NEC or Common Application. International PhD students can apply by completing the online postgraduate application.
Yes, New England College is accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE).
New England College is popular for its majors in Business, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Health Sciences, Education, and Sports.
New England College can be one of the best places for students to study MBA and our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.