Founded in 1845, Queen’s University Belfast has made its mission to shape the world with innovative minds. Queen’s University Belfast is one of the oldest universities in the UK and a member of the Russell Group of British research-intensive universities. The university has more than 3,500 international students from 80 different countries around the world. Among these, more than 900 students are from India, accounting for 25% of the total student population. The Software Engineering course at Queen’s University Belfast is well known in the world. A lot of students enrol in the Software Engineering course at this university. Keep reading this blog for detailed information about Queen’s University’s Belfast software engineering course and more!
|Number of Campuses||1|
|Total number of students||19,690|
|Number of International Students||7,397|
|Total Faculty Members||1,951|
|Courses Offered||Bachelors, Masters, MBA|
|Application Portal||UCAS portal or Direct application to the university|
|English Language Test Scores Accepted||IELTS, TOEFL and equivalent|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Queen’s University Belfast?
- Rankings of Queen’s University Belfast
- Software Engineering Course Overview at Queen’s University Belfast
- Software Engineering Course Details at Queen’s University Belfast
- Subjects in Software Engineering Course
- Software Engineering Course Options at Queen’s University Belfast
- Eligibility for Software Engineering at Queen’s University Belfast
- Academic Qualifications
- Admission Deadline
- Entry Requirement for Software Engineering Course at Queen’s University Belfast
- Software Engineering Course fees at Queen’s University Belfast
- Application Process at Queen’s University Belfast
- Documents Required at Queen’s University Belfast
- Living Cost at Queen’s University Belfast
- Scholarships at Queen’s University Belfast
- Placements at Queen’s University Belfast
- Average Salary at Queen’s University Belfast
- Top Recruiters
Why Choose Queen’s University Belfast?
- Queen’s University Belfast is among the most prestigious universities in the United Kingdom, ranking #200 in the world according to THE World University Rankings 2021
- The university is ranked in the top 140 in terms of postgraduate prospects
- Queen’s University Belfast is the 9th oldest research-intensive university in the UK, ranking #8
- Home to the award-winning McClay Library and the Naughton Gallery, the sprawling campus is ranked among the top 10 most beautiful historic college campuses with affordable accommodation for students
- The university has an excellent on-campus pharmacy practice, dental laboratory, marine laboratory and state-of-the-art lecture hall
- Queen’s University Belfast was accepted as a member of the self-proclaimed Russell Group of British research-intensive universities in November 2006
- It was ranked #42 in the UK for research quality (GPA) and #19 for research performance in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework
Rankings of Queen’s University Belfast
|Times Higher Education, Global University Rankings 2022||#201-250|
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#216|
|US News & World Report 2022||#308|
|Guardian University Guide 2022||#33|
|The Complete University Guide 2022||#34|
Software Engineering Course Overview at Queen’s University Belfast
- Software innovations have changed the way we think about and interact with technology. In fact, all forms of communication, interaction and access that we take for granted today are made possible by software in some form.
- The demand for software engineers has never been higher. From improving the efficiency of the applications we use to making them more sustainable, to building a scalable and secure application infrastructure, software engineers have skills that drive innovation.
- At their core, they are problem solvers with the ability to adapt an existing software system and creatively refine, improve and transform it into something even better.
- This degree is designed to equip students with the analytical, logical, and practical skills needed to design, develop, and implement large software systems.
- Additionally, the project-based learning approach allows them to design a career that suits their own fields of interest.
- Students might find themselves working on everything from apps to virtual and augmented reality; life-saving intelligent medical implants for space travel or automated intelligence.
- Employer experience is built into this course, allowing students to engage with and learn from potential employers from day one. Through internships, sponsored projects and hackathons, they connect with employers and start making a difference on real-world problems.
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
Software Engineering Course Details at Queen’s University Belfast
The duration of the Software Engineering course is for 4 years.
How you are assessed depends on the learning objectives of each module. Some modules are assessed exclusively through project work or written work. Others are assessed through a combination of coursework and exams at the end of the semester. Details of how each graded module will be assessed are set out in the student handbook, which is made available to all students during their first introductory year.
Subjects in Software Engineering Course
- Reasoning for Problem Solving
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Foundation of Computing Systems
- Computer Architecture and Networking
- Software Engineering
- Professional Computing Practice
- Architecture and Networks
- Data Structures Algorithms and Programming Languages
- Information Modelling
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to them.
Software Engineering Course Options at Queen’s University Belfast
|Software Engineering Course Options||Duration|
|Software Engineering MEng||4 years|
|Software Engineering with Digital Technology Partnership BEng||4 years|
|Software Engineering With Placement BEng||4 years|
|Software Engineering With Placement MEng||5 years|
Eligibility for Software Engineering at Queen’s University Belfast
BBB including Computer Science, Mathematics or Software Systems Development + GCSE Mathematics grade C/4 or ABB including Chemistry, Digital Technology, GCE A-level ICT (not Single Award Applied ICT), Physics, Technology and Design or ICT Double Award Applied + GCSE Mathematics grade C/4. A minimum of 2:2 honours degree whenever a subject is required.
Indian Students Eligibility
Three A levels between 30 and 36 points in the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB). Standard Indian XII (10+2) exams from CBSE, CISCE or State Boards of Higher Secondary Education are accepted for admission to their undergraduate programs. A grade point average of 70-85% or higher (Best of 5 academic subjects) on the Standard Indian XII Higher Secondary School Certificates approved by the Central Boards (CBSE, CISCE) or a State Board or equivalent with 75% or higher awarded if the requirements of the subject are met (comparable to grade B at A-Level).
In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from Non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent test to be admitted to this program.
The admission deadlines for international students are –
|Courses||Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions|
|PG||By Mid-late July|
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
Entry Requirement for Software Engineering Course at Queen’s University Belfast
- Academic transcripts
- English language proficiency
- Valid passport
- Details of references
- Resume or CV
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores.
Software Engineering Course fees at Queen’s University Belfast
The tuition fee for one year is ₹23,45,269.
Application Process at Queen’s University Belfast
Visit the official website of the institution
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications
- Fill in the details of your employment history
- Fill in your personal statement
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees
Documents Required at Queen’s University Belfast
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Living Cost at Queen’s University Belfast
|Cost||Amount per annum (GBP)|
|The annual cost of University Accommodation||4750-4712|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
Scholarships at Queen’s University Belfast
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|Lord Paul Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship for Indian Students||INR 4,00,000||Yes|
|Lord Paul Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship for Indian Students||Variable||Yes|
|Commonwealth Shared Scholarship||Variable||Yes|
|University of Queens Sports Scholarship||Variable||Yes|
Placements at Queen’s University Belfast
Queens University is known for its excellent employment rate. In 2019-20, the university recorded an employment rate of 96%. The highest-paid graduates of the university are employed as Program and Project Management Professionals at 87,000 GBP (87.46 Lakh INR) annually. Whereas, the lowest paid university graduates are working as retail trade and craft professionals at 51,000 GBP (51.27 Lakh INR) annually.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
Average Salary at Queen’s University Belfast
According to PayScale, the average salary of Queen’s University Belfast graduates is 51,000 GBP.
- Bank of America
- Ernst & Young
- Procter Gamble
- JP Morgan Chase
Queen’s University Belfast is famous for more than 500 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in animation, arts, engineering, law, basic and social sciences, architecture, education, environmental studies, liberal arts and management.
Queen’s University Belfast has an acceptance rate of 21%.
Queen’s University Belfast is among the top 75 universities in Europe for Teaching Excellence (Times Higher Education, 2019). 94% of current international students are satisfied with the subject area expertise of their lecturers.
This was about a Software Engineering Course at Queen’s University Belfast. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still, confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!