Founded in 1876, Texas A&M University, aka Aggieland, is the largest and most popular university in Texas for international students. The university houses more than 69,000 students in the heart of the Houston-Dallas-Austin triangle. It offers 133+ undergraduate, 200+ graduate, and doctoral programs with a mission to educate students in a range of academic and professional fields. If you want to study in the Lone Star State of USA as an Aggie, then here’s everything you need to know about the Texas A&M University acceptance rate, popular courses, and career prospects!
|Type of institution||Public|
|Test scores accepted||SAT, ACT, GRE, and GMAT|
|English test scores accepted||TOEFL/ PTE/ IELTS|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|Intake session||Fall and spring|
|Work experience||Required for graduate programs|
This Blog Includes:
- Texas A&M University
- Texas A&M University Acceptance Rate
- Texas A&M University Undergraduate Admissions
- Texas A&M University Graduate Admissions
- Texas A&M University Admissions Process
- Popular Courses
- Scholarships at Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University is a public research university in the state of Texas, United States. It is Texas’s only university to be designated as a land, marine, and space grant institution. In 2001, it was also admitted to the Association of American Universities. It has been a founding member of the Texas A&M University System, which has one of the top ten endowments in the country, since 1948. In 2009, the National Science Foundation named Texas A&M University as one of the top 20 research universities in the country. Even The Wall Street Journal has ranked it second in the US for assisting students in obtaining employment in major career fields.
The main campus of Texas A&M University is one of the largest in the country, covering 5,200 acres. Its main campus, which has a population of about 64,000 students, is located in College Station. Students can choose from over 133 undergraduate degree programs, 92 doctoral degree programs, 175 master’s degree programs, and 5 first-professional degree programs at the university.
Texas A&M University became the second-largest public American university in the 2017 Fall semester, with 68,625 students enrolled. The university has regularly rated among the top 10 public universities in terms of National Merit Scholar enrolment each year.
Must Read: All About the F1 Visa
Texas A&M University Acceptance Rate
According to the university’s website, the current acceptance rate is 67.6 percent. In the last five years, it has ranged from 60 to 80 percent. One of the most crucial aspects of being accepted is your GPA. This is a selective institution, according to college websites in the United States. The number of seats available is greater, and with a 68 percent acceptance rate, many applicants are at risk of not being accepted.
Experts urge pupils to retain good grades and rankings in secondary school while still participating in extracurricular activities. The order in which you are placed in your class might also have a big impact. More than ten percent of the pupils chosen were in the top ten percent of their class in school.
Texas A&M University Undergraduate Admissions
Texas A&M University is a major university with numerous colleges and a diverse curriculum. This has provided a wide range of courses, from agriculture to engineering. Law, engineering, veterinary medicine, architecture, and agriculture are just a few of the major departments. It also offers certification programs in addition to this. Students should verify the college websites for the subject before applying for admissions.
- Scores on the SAT or the ACT
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Class rank
- 2 Essays and a letter of recommendations
- Extracurricular activities, accolades, and abilities in a nutshell
- For international students, a TOEFL/IELTS/CAE score is required.
- The TOEFL minimum score is 80; the IELTS minimum score is 6.0, and the PTE academic minimum score is 53.
- Filled application
- High school transcripts
- Application fee
- Exam mark sheets
- Letter of recommendation
- Self-reported academic record
- Country specific requirements
Must Read: Top Universities in Texas
Texas A&M University Graduate Admissions
With 17 academic colleges and schools and 2 branch campuses, Texas A&M University offers 175 master’s degree programs to International Students from 123 different countries.
- Official Transcripts and Records
- transcripts from every institution or university you’ve ever attended
- Transcripts must include either an original signature of a school authority or an original signature of a student.
- Official Test Scores
- English proficiency test scores
- Letter of recommendations
- Statement of Purpose for MS in the US
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Texas A&M University Admissions Process
Texas A&M University offers its students the greatest instructional experience possible. International students from all around the world make up about 10% of the total enrolment. The caliber of Texas A&M University’s undergraduate and graduate programs is well-known. Admission to Texas A&M University Students only need to meet the minimum grade point requirement, submit valid academic records, and show financial support.
Both international and domestic students must go through the same admissions process. As an international student, you must complete the following application process to be considered for admission to Texas A&M University:
How to Apply?
- Application Portal: Students can apply for specific application services through apply texas or the coalition application, as well as some graduate program websites.
- Application Fee: 90 USD(6,628 INR) application fee is required
- Admission Requirement: Following documents are required for Texas A&M University admission
- Essay (UG)
- Official transcripts
- Official SAT and ACT score
- English proficiency test scores
- SOP for the US
- Letters of recommendation to study in the US
Students are suggested to upload their Transcripts through HOWDY via the Applicant tab or send them through the mail. Students should keep in mind that the university will not accept faxed or emailed copies.
Language Proficiency Test Scores
If a student’s native language is not English then they are required to submit proof of English proficiency.
Must Read: Harvard Acceptance Rate
Texas A&M University is best known for its Engineering, Agriculture, Business Management departments. Here are some of the popular courses for these fields:
- MEng in Engineering
- MEng in Industrial Engineering
- MEng in Mechanical Engineering
- METM in Technical Management
- MID in Industrial Distribution
- MMAL in Maritime Business Administration And Logistics
- MS in Analytics
- MEng in Aerospace Engineering
- MS in Safety Engineering
- MS in Engineering Management
- MSc in Energy
- MEng in Petroleum Engineering
- MEng in Computer Engineering
- MEng in Electrical Engineering
- Master Of Agriculture (MAg)
- MAg in Poultry Science
- MAg in Agricultural Development
- MSN in Forensic Nursing
- MSN in Nursing Education
- MPH in Epidemiology
- MS in Education For Health Care Professionals
- MS in Agricultural Systems Management
- MAg in Poultry Science
- MS in Plant Breeding
- MWSC in Wildlife Science
- MNRD in Natural Resource Development
Must Read: NYU Acceptance Rate
Scholarships at Texas A&M University
Here are some of the best scholarships at the university for international students:
Bill and Rita Stout Academic Excellence Award
Each year, a one-time award will be granted to overseas undergraduate students who have excelled in academics and leadership at Texas A&M.
Eppright Outstanding International Student Award
An overseas student who has excelled in academics, leadership, service, and participation in extracurricular activities receives a $2,000(147,295 INR) cash award each year. This is Texas A&M’s highest distinction bestowed on an international student.
Florence Terry Griswold Scholarship
The Pan American Round Tables of Texas awards the Florence Terry Griswold Scholarship I every year this scholarship, named for the Pan American Round Tables’ founder, aids a female student from a Pan American country (other than the United States) in pursuing her studies in the state of Texas.
International Education Fee Scholarship
The charge is intended to help students at Texas A&M University-College Station with the costs of a foreign educational experience. All funds raised will be directed to the student scholarship fund; none will be diverted for administrative or other purposes.
International Peace Scholarship Fund
The International Peace Scholarship Fund was established in 1949 to provide financial assistance to women from other countries who wish to pursue graduate studies in the United States or Canada. Education, according to P.E.O. members are important to global peace and understanding.
For students who want to develop a global career in the world’s most diverse country, Texas A&M University has a 67.6% acceptance rate! Do you want to study in the United States? Call 1800 572 000 to get a free consultation with one of our Leverage Edu consultants and get started on your path!