With the advancement of technology, the need for professionals with advanced computer knowledge is on the rise. An MCA (Masters in Computer Applications) degree holder, who possess the ability and knowledge of computer programming, web-based applications and software development can become an asset for a company’s progress. What better option than to pursue this highly advanced degree in one of the most sought after study destinations abroad, USA! In this blog, you can get all the relevant information about why the USA is the perfect option for you to pursue a Masters in Computer Application (MCA), including the top universities in the USA catering to this course!
This Blog Includes:
|Course Name||Masters in Computer Applications (MCA)|
|Type of Degree||Post Graduate|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in BCA or equivalent.|
|Average Fees||$38953 (INR 28,52,598)|
About MCA in USA
MCA (Masters in Computer Applications) is a 2-year post-graduate degree that is technically covered under Computer Sciences. After pursuing this course, the candidate is considered equivalent to a software engineer. The course is designed to provide a theoretical as well as a conceptual framework of the latest computer programming languages and tools to develop more advanced and faster applications. According to research, investment by the USA in the computer applications and software field is around $2 trillion, annually. Students pursuing MCA from the USA are offered lucrative pay packages in the IT industry and the career scope for Computer Applications graduates is tremendous.
Related Read: Study in USA without IELTS
MCA is covered under Computer Science in USA and here is a list of courses you can pursue to strengthen your foundation in the field of IT and Computer Technology-
- Master of Science – Computer Science
- Master of Science – Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Science – Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master of Science – Scientific Computing
- Master of Science – Electrical Engineering + Computer Networks
- Master of Science – Information Technology
- Master of Science – Computer and Information Technology
- Master of Engineering – Computer Science
- Master of Science – Computer Networking – Network Software Track
- Master of Science – Applied Information Technology
Check out: Trending Courses in USA
Top Universities for MCA in USA
There are many top ranking and highly reputed universities which offer MCA in the USA. Tabulated below are some universities offering MCA equivalent courses along with their annual fees;
|Harvard University||New Haven||INR 30,83,000|
|Stanford University||California||INR 13,21,000|
|University Of Texas||Austin||INR 13,03,000|
|Columbia university||New York||INR 44,94,000|
|Cornell University||Ithaca||INR 21,60,000|
|University Of Michigan||Ann Arbor||INR 31,98,000|
|University Of California||Los Angeles||INR 23,37,000|
|Yale University||New Haven||INR 30,83,000|
|New York University||New York||INR 23,55,000|
Eligibility Criteria- MCA in USA
The eligibility criteria for MCA in the USA might vary from university to university. The basic criteria that all international students should adhere to get admissions for MCA in USA are listed below:
- The candidate must possess a bachelors’ degree in Computer Applications or Computer Science or in an equivalent course with the minimum required score.
- Proof of English Proficiency: Tests like IELTS (minimum 6.5-7 score), TOEFL or PTE is a must for the application process.
- Students may be required to appear for international entrance exams like GRE or GMAT. This depends upon the university.
- Proof of sufficient financial funds to cover tuition cost and accommodation.
- Other relevant documents like CV, SOPs, LORs and educational transcripts may also be required.
Following are the steps that must be followed by the candidates seeking admission in Masters of Computer Application (MCA) in USA:
- The candidates must shortlist their preferred universities and check out their official website to gather information regarding the admission requirements for the programme.
- After assessing the requirements and making sure that you fulfil the eligibility criteria for the programme in that particular university, fill out the application form available on the official website of the university.
- Upload all the required documents mentioned below and give pertinent information, in accordance with the terms and guidelines mentioned by the university.
- To submit the form, all the candidates must pay the application fees for the programme, using the payment modes offered in the website. Make sure to carry out this step carefully as the application fees in most cases are non-refundable.
- Universities take 2 to 3 weeks to update the status of the applicant. The Candidates have to revert to the University once they have received the offer. After receiving their offer letter from the corresponding universities, they must apply for the student visa, in their respective countries.
Also Read: Admission Process to Study in the USA
Some of the documents that are required for admission in MCA in USA are mentioned below:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent academic transcripts.
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from the previous qualification.
- English Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) scores.
- Proof of relevant work experience, if any, along with LOR.
- Updated resume, SOP, and research proposal.
- Financial proof
- Valid ID Proofs, Passport & passport-sized photographs.
- Proof of International residency.
Masters in Computer Applications is an excellent field that offers a wide range of high-paying jobs with sophisticated profiles. It is a very lucrative and diverse career path, offering jobs in fields like software development, information technology, engineering, etc. Following are some of the work profiles that you will be eligible for after completing a MCA in the USA.
- Software Engineer
- Internet Expert
- Network Designer
- System Analyzer
- Data Scientist
- Software Developer
- Computer System Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Software Consultant
- Hardware Engineer
- Web Designer/Web Developer
- Senior Technical Consultant
- Project Manager
- Ethical Hacker
- Assistant Professor
The national average salary for an MCA graduate pursued from the USA is $49,574 (INR 36,30,000) per annum.
Top Companies for MCA graduates in USA
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Bain and Company
Also Read: Masters in USA
MCA in the USA is one of the most sought after and competitive courses globally because of the growing relevance of the computer sciences and IT industry. It is a lucrative programme that opens up doors to career opportunities. If you are interested in the field and confused about which programme or college is the best for you then Leverage Edu‘s AI-enabled tool will curate a list of institutes as well as subjects that suit your interests and skills. Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and LinkedIn.