Sports are referred to as ‘winnable’ sport that necessitates physical exertion. Engineering is referred to as applying math and physics to solve problems technically. Sports engineering is the technical application of mathematics and physics to solve athletic difficulties. Designing equipment, constructing facilities, analyzing athlete performance, regulating standards, ensuring that safety criteria are met, and providing coaching tools are just a few examples. This blog is your primary source of information regarding the Sports Engineering course!
|Course Name||Sports Engineering|
|Eligibility||10+2, Education in Physical Education|
|Certification||Graduation and Post Graduation|
|Average Salary||INR 6.5 to 7.2 LPA|
|Course Duration||3 to 4 years|
This Blog Includes:
- What Does a Sports Engineer Do?
- How to Become a Sports Engineer?
- Sports Engineering Courses
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Cost of Study
- Costs for Postgraduate Courses
- Top Universities Abroad for Sports Engineering
- Scope after Sports Engineering
- Job Profiles & Salary
- Top Employment Areas after Sports Engineering
What Does a Sports Engineer Do?
A Sports Engineer is responsible for everything related to the athlete. The following are the basic areas:
The athletes’ outfits (e.g. apparel, protective gear), what they employ (equipment), their sports environment, as well as the instruments used to measure and analyze players Engineering such regions, is primarily motivated by two factors:
- To avoid injuries and keep the players safe,
- To improve the athlete’s performance to optimize them.
There is a third incentive, or possibly a by-product of the first two, to increase sports viewing/spectatorship.
How to Become a Sports Engineer?
An advanced degree is required to begin a career in sports engineering. Engineering colleges do not offer sports engineering bachelor’s degrees. However, mechanical engineering, industrial design, bioengineering, and materials science can help you obtain knowledge and abilities.
- Earn a bachelor’s Degree
- Gain Experience (Get involved in sports and join your school newspaper)
- Work Experience
- Create your Portfolio and CV
- Job search and take advantage of the opportunity
Sports Engineering Courses
Various courses are available to become a sports engineer, below are the courses and duration mentioned for the different courses:
Diploma and Certificate Courses
|Diploma in Sports Medicine||2 years|
|Diploma in Sports Coaching||2 years|
|Diploma in Sports Management||2 years|
|Diploma in Sports Science & Nutrition||2 years|
|B.Sc in Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports Sciences||3 years|
|Bachelor of Physical education||3 years|
|Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Sports Management||3 years|
|B.Sc (Hons) in Sports Science||3 years|
|B.Sc in Sports and Recreation Management||3 years|
|Bachelor of Sports Management (BSM)||3 years|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Sports Management||3 years|
|Master of Physical education||2 years|
|M.Sc in Sports Coaching||2 years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Medicine||2 years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management||2 years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Business||2 years|
|Master of Sports Management (MSM)||2 years|
|M.Sc in Sports Science||2 years|
|MBA in Sports Management||2 years|
Doctoral Degree Courses
|PhD in Physical Education||3 years|
|M.Phil in Physical Education||1-2 years|
|PhD in Sports Management||4-5 years|
- After passing the 12th grade, Students must pursue a bachelor’s degree in Physical Education while maintaining a physically fit and active physique.
- After passing the 10+2 test, Students will be admitted to a UG program.
- If students want to pursue postgraduate studies, they must first complete their undergraduate degrees.
- Students can apply for the Diploma program in Sports Medicine after completing their MBBS degree.
- Admissions will often be based on a merit list. The merit list will be compiled based on the qualifying examination results.
- Overall IELTS (Academic): 6.5 (no individual band less than 5.5)
- IELTS (Academic): 6.0 overall in the Faculty of Science (no individual band less than 5.5)
- To get admitted to the university, you must submit an application
- GRE test scores
- Two to three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Resume or CV
- Keep track of deadlines,
- Obtain valid transcripts from your secondary school and fill out the application completely.
- SAT or ACT scores must be submitted.
- Submit recommendation letters
- Full personal statements or letters of interest
Cost of Study
|Duration of course||4 years||3 years||3 years|
|Particulars||Undergraduate course in the US||Undergraduate course in the UK||Undergraduate Courses in India|
|Room and Living expenses||$10,000-$15,000 per year (INR 7.5-11.25 Lakh)||£12,000-£15,000 per year (INR 9-11.25 Lakh)||INR 10,000 to 20, 000|
|Total||$20,000-$45,000 per year (INR 15-33.75 Lakh)||£20,000-£30,000 (INR 15-22.5 Lakh)||INR 6.5 to 7.5 INR|
|Tuition||$10,000-$30,000 per year (INR 7.5-22.5 Lakh)||£8,000-£15,000 per year (INR 6-11.25 Lakh)||INR 6 to 7 Lakh|
Costs for Postgraduate Courses
|Particulars||Postgraduate course in the US||Postgraduate course in the UK||Postgraduate course in India|
|Tuition||$15,000-$45,000 per year (INR 11.25- 33.75 Lakh)||£10,000 and £12,000 per year (INR 10-12 Lakh)||INR 6 Lakh to 7 Lakh|
|Room and Living expenses||$10,000-$15,000 per year (INR 7.5-11.25 Lakh)||£12,000-£15,000 per year (INR 12-15 Lakh)||INR 10,000 to INR 20,000 INR|
|Duration of course||2 years||1-2 years||2 years|
|Total||$25,000-$60,000 per year (INR 18.75- 45 Lakh)||£22,000-£27,000 per year (INR 22-27 Lakh)||INR 6.2 to 7.5 Lakh|
Top Universities Abroad for Sports Engineering
|University||QS 2022 Rank|
|Loughborough University, United Kingdom||231|
|The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia||47|
|The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia||38|
|The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada||46|
|The University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada||26|
|Deakin University, Australia||283|
|The University of Melbourne, Australia||37|
|The University of Florida, Gainesville, United States||173|
|The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom||1001-1200|
|The Ohio State University, Columbus, United States||120|
Scope after Sports Engineering
Sport engineers can alter what athletes wear to improve their performance and safety. While not everyone can be a professional player, sports engineering might be a great career choice for you if you enjoy sports and have a strong interest in science and technology.
- Sport psychologist
- Sport journalist
- Sports Player
- Sports Coach & Instructor
- Sports Photographer
- Personal Trainer
- Professional Athlete
- Physical Education Teacher
- Health Advice Officer
- Health & Public Services Leader
Some areas in the sports field are mentioned here:
- Media, Sports & Advertising Companies
- Sports Management Industry
- Educational Institutions & Colleges
- Merchandising (Retail) Companies
Job Profiles & Salary
The average salary for the job profile is INR 6.5 to 7.20 LPA.
|Annual Pay||Weekly Pay|
|Top Earners||98.2 LPA||1.88 Lac|
|75th Percentile||67.5 LPA||1.29 Lac|
|Average||51.09 LPA||.98 Lac|
|25th Percentile||29 LPA||.56 Lac|
Top Employment Areas after Sports Engineering
The following are the many job descriptions in Sports Engineering, together with the average annual pay in that field:
- Calibration Engineers: These engineers use software to make adjustments to many sorts of equipment and machines, as well as the components that go with them.
- Design Engineers who work as design engineers are responsible for exploring and creating new manufacturing concepts and technologies. They also try to enhance and improve the efficiency of existing items.
- Product Development Engineers are responsible for developing a product design that meets the client’s or company’s strategic goals. Their responsibilities are to oversee the design and research teams, manage the trading method, and produce specifications.
- Engineers who work in research and development examine processes and conduct experiments. Furthermore, they give consultancy services and provide suggestions.
Most sports engineers work for manufacturers or product development firms, but they may also work for sports organizations, teams, or leagues, where they will be responsible for assessing the safety of equipment used by players in a particular sport or activity.
A bachelor’s degree is required to work as an athletic trainer, while the National Athletic Trainers’ Association says that 70% of athletic trainers have a master’s degree. Many businesses prefer athletic trainers with master’s degrees.
Athletic trainers treat athletes who have been wounded. Athletic trainers are experts in preventing, diagnosing, and treating injuries and diseases to the muscles and bones.
The careers of sports engineers are full of responsibility. If you prefer a dynamic work environment, then this is your calling. To have a versatile career, use Leverage Edu’s intelligent AI tools to find the best university & courses today.