There is no limit to knowledge, there is a common misconception that if you have an Engineering degree, you don’t have to study any further. Well, you obviously can start working right after but, there is no harm in studying further. In fact, an MBA after Mechanical engineering is a great option, it will not only develop your skills and knowledge but also look great on your resume.
This Blog Includes:
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is a professional degree that means you have studied in a particular field of engineering, such as mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, etc. A degree in engineering is a specialization course which focuses on specific topics related to the course of study.
This allows you to learn the professional skills needed for your career. However, getting an engineering degree alone is not appropriate in the current working climate. You need a postgraduate degree nowadays to give yourself a strong foundation in your career path, and this is where an MBA after Mechanical Engineering plays an important role.
Businesses and organizations require more than just specialist skills. They need individuals who understand the market climate and can work in it efficiently. Organizations are searching for representatives that can act and bring others with them as well. The key qualifications for organizations are now management skills.
Explore: Indian MBA Vs Foreign MBA
Benefits of MBA after Mechanical Engineering
There are many benefits of doing an MBA after Mechanical Engineering, some of them are listed below –
- An MBA after Mechanical Engineering will help you improve your management skills and train you adequately for real-world issues.
- An MBA after Mechanical Engineering will provide you with a sound business base that will assist you to understand business as a whole while helping you build a holistic approach to the work environment.
- This provides you with a strategic advantage and encourages you to ascend the corporate ladder. It will help to differentiate you from among your peers by the talents and skills you will gain along the way.
- An MBA helps to create a favourable career path for you. It is evident that the values of your engineering experience are not only sound but also in areas that have to do with finance, marketing and management.
- That is going to help you step up the corporate ladder. It provides a convenient way for you to quickly transition from a technical role to a management role.
- An MBA after Mechanical Engineering opens the door to a wide variety of career possibilities. In relation to your engineering profession, you can easily enter into various levels of managerial positions along with technical positions.
- It allows you to grow your character as well. It helps to empower you with expertise, presentation skills, communication skills, and much more.
Also Read: MBA After BCom
MBA after Mechanical Engineering: Specialisations
For a BTech graduate, selecting an MBA specialization is a smart choice, as engineering graduates often already work in a specific field or niche. It may however be a bit confusing for a candidate to choose the correct MBA specialization. Here is a list of the best specializations for MBA after Mechanical engineering graduates –
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Operations Management
Must Read:Online MBA Courses
Top Universities in India for MBA after Mechanical Engineering
Mentioned below is a list of top universities in India for MBA after Mechanical Engineering:
- IIM, Bangalore
- JNU, Jaipur
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune
- SAGE University, Indore
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- PUMBA, Pune University
- Flame University, Pune
Explore: Mechanical Engineering Subjects
MBA after Mechanical Engineering: Top Universities
Enlisted below is a list of top universities in the world for MBA after Mechanical Engineering:
- Harvard University
- Columbia University
- ESMT Berlin
- Dartmouth College
- Rice University
- Emory University
- Queen’s University
- Fordham University
The lucrative packages that globally renowned companies offer are one of the biggest benefits of pursuing MBA after Mechanical Engineering. In order to excel in the field of management, an MBA specialization or a specialized PGDM degree should be pursued in the relevant field. A management career is a right path for you if you have gained over 4 years of work experience and want to get a good rise in your salary.
We hope that this blog has provided you with answers to all your post-Mechanical Engineering MBA questions. If you are still confused about which course and university you should choose, then contact our experts at Leverage Edu and get help throughout the whole process of finding an appropriate programme and college that aligns with your interests and career aspirations and equips you with the right knowledge and exposure to the field of your choice. Book your free session with us today!