Considered one of the core branches of engineering, electrical engineering is an established and crucial branch dealing with electrical technology. Electrical engineers work on a range of devices, systems, and electrical components. They work on large power station generators and tiny microchips. George Westinghouse (alternating current), Guglielmo Marconi (radio), and Thomas Edison (electric bulb) are some of the significant pioneers of electrical engineering. The field of electrical engineering has developed tremendously and is categorized into different specializations like transmission systems, batteries, power generation, control systems, and motors, which have separately categorized into specializations of their own. With immense job opportunities and studying options to offer, Diploma in Electrical Engineering can be considered an excellent choice for those aspiring to build a career in this field.
|Admission Process||Merit-Based/ Entrance Exam Based|
|Course Fees||INR 10,000 to INR 3,00,000.|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering After 10th
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering After 12th
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Syllabus
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Important Books
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Eligibility
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Entrance Exams
- Higher Studies Options After Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Colleges Offering Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Job Opportunities After Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Why Study Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
In the beginning, the course structure of the Diploma in Electrical Engineering dealt with the generation, transmission, and storage. With rising needs and advancements in technologies, the course structure now focuses on the application of electricity in numerous ways. Now, the discipline includes electronics and its applications as well. A diploma in Electrical Engineering lasts for about 2 years and is a certificate program. The entire course is divided into 4 semesters in total and each semester lasts for 6 months. A diploma in Electrical Engineering is academically structured to prepare you for various subjects such as electrical machines, power systems, electronics, motors, electrical appliances, electromagnetism, sensors, power transmission, circuit network, generators, microprocessors, signal processors, etc. Additionally, there is also an option to pursue Diploma + B.Tech degree in this field.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering After 10th
- A topic that focuses mostly on real-world application principles is the diploma in electrical engineering.
- One specialty within the engineering discipline that focuses on the investigation of electrical power generation, apparatus, and their design is electrical engineering.
- The trained and skilled labor force that the majority of industrial companies use today includes electrical engineers in significant numbers.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering After 12th
- After the 12th grade, the majority of institutions and universities offer electrical engineering diploma programs. You can apply for the course once you pass the admission tests.
- The student must get the required score on the entrance exam.
- The names of the students who passed the admission test will be listed on a list that will be released after the test.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Syllabus
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
|Communication English I||Communication English II|
|Engineering Mathematics I||Engineering Mathematics II|
|Engineering Physics I||Applied Mathematics|
|Engineering Chemistry I||Engineering Physics II|
|Engineering Graphics I||Engineering Graphics II|
|Engineering Physics I (Practical)||Engineering Physics II (Practical)|
|Engineering Chemistry I (Practical)||Engineering Chemistry II (Practical|
|SEMESTER 3||SEMESTER 4|
|Electrical Circuit Theory||Electric Machines-II|
|Electrical Machines-I||Measurements and Instruments|
|Electronic Devices and Circuits||Digital Electronics|
|Electrical Circuits and Machines (Practical)||Transducers and Signal Conditioners|
|Electronic Devices and Circuits (Practical)||Electrical Machines and Instrumentation (Practical)|
|Computer Applications||Digital Electronics & Linear Integrated Circuits (Practical)|
|–||Communication and Life Skills Practice|
|SEMESTER 5||SEMESTER 6|
|Power System-I||Power System-II|
|MicroController||Electrical Estimation and Energy Auditing|
|Special Electrical Machines||Elective Theory-II|
|Elective Theory-I||Elective Practical-II|
|Programmable Logic Controller||Computer Hardware and Networks|
|Electrical Machine Controller||–|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Important Books
|Foundations of Electrical Engineering||Leonard S. Bobrow|
|Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering||B.R. Patil|
|Electric Machinery and Transformers||Bhag S. Guru|
|Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering||M. S. Sukhija|
|Protection and Switchgear||Bhavesh Bhalja|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||Prasanta Kumar Satpathy|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||T.K. Nagsarkar|
|Electrical Properties of Materials||Laszlo Solymar|
|Materials Science for Electrical & Electronic Engineers||Ian Jones|
|Power System Analysis||T.K. Nagsarkar|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Eligibility
- The candidates must receive at least a 50 percent overall passing grade on their class 10 board exams from an accredited state or central board of education.
- Additionally, students must have earned at least 50% in all of their science and math classes.
- The applicant cannot have any missed deadlines for the board test for class 10th.
- Students in the reserved category must show their certificates of reservation, which are provided by the appropriate authorities.
- A student must pass the entrance test to be admitted to one of the colleges or universities that use common entrance examinations to accept students.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Entrance Exams
- Delhi CET
- HP PAT
- Assam PAT
Higher Studies Options After Diploma in Electrical Engineering
A diploma in Electrical Engineering can be considered the first step to building your career in this field. After the completion of your diploma, you can enroll yourself for a B.Tech degree in Electrical Engineering for further benefits. In this case, you will receive a direct entry into the second year of the B.Tech program. After this, you are open to numerous options. One of these options includes pursuing a Master’s degree or a Post-Graduate Diploma in specializations in this field. This allows you to enter a specific specialization of Electrical Engineering. Some of these branches of specialization include:
- Advanced Electronics
- Fiber Optics
- Power Engineering
- Signal and Image Processing
Once you have obtained your Master’s degree or Post-Graduate Diploma in Electrical Engineering, you can go for an advanced course like a PhD. You may also opt for a management course after your graduation if that’s where your interest lies.
Colleges Offering Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Numerous colleges offer a Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Some of the institutes include:
- PSB Academy, Singapore
- Centennial College, Canada
- KDU Penang University College, Malaysia
- Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovations (APU), Malaysia
- Fanshawe College, Canada
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Georgian College, Canada
- Algonquin College, Canada
- Southern Institute of Technology, New Zealand
- Niagara College, Canada
- Wintec, New Zealand
- St. Claire College, Canada
Job Opportunities After Diploma in Electrical Engineering
There are numerous job opportunities after completing a Diploma in Electrical Engineering. This is because it is one of the core branches of engineering with its need transcending to almost all other sectors. The manufacturing and Production industries require electrical engineers due to the constant power usage for primary tasks. There are power transmission and production firms that require specialists in this area. Even construction companies require electrical engineers for their electrical works. Firms that manufacture different kinds of machinery and components of electrical and electronic kinds are in constant need of electrical engineers. After the completion of your Master’s degree or Postgraduate Diploma, you can also venture into a workplace that is more specific and oriented towards the specialization.
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Electric Designer Engineer||INR 1,40,000 to INR 1,95,000|
|Junior Engineer||INR 1,42,000 to INR 1,80,000|
|Technical Trainer||INR 1,50,000 to INR 1,92,000|
|CAD Engineer||INR 1,65,000 to INR 2,22,000|
|Field Engineer||INR 1,55,000 to INR 1,75,000|
|Mentor Graphics – Noida||RGF Select India Pvt. Ltd. – Gurgaon|
|Genlite Engineering Pvt. Ltd. – Kochi||Centre for Development of Advanced Computing C-DAC – Pune|
|Vijai Electricals Ltd. – Haridwar||Abacus Consultants – Pune|
|Mitsubishi Electric||Fuji Electric|
|Eon electric||Cable Corporation of India Ltd|
Also Read: Resume for Electrical Engineer Fresher
We hope that you now have all the essential information about pursuing a Diploma in Electrical Engineering and what the future holds for you after completing this diploma program. The next step is to choose the right university and begin your application process. To help you select the right university according to your interests in electrical engineering, let the Leverage Edu experts assist you, thus helping you in moving forward to building a bright career in electrical engineering.