Amongst the best student cities in Asia and the world, Dubai is renowned for its world-class universities and shining skyscrapers. Establishing itself in the gulf for education, the bustling metropolis is home to many renowned universities offering varied programs across every field of study. Being a dynamic economic and business hub of Asia, the city also provides ample job opportunities for international students to pursue after completing studies. However, studying abroad can be a slightly expensive affair and thus availing university and government scholarships. Read this blog to know all about the top government, college and university scholarships in Dubai!
This Blog Includes:
Financial Hardship Scholarship 2021
Financial Hardship Scholarship 2021 is among the top beneficiary scholarships in Dubai. It is offered by the Canadian University, Dubai to encourage education for students with financial difficulties. The scholarship offers an allowance for both master’s and bachelor’s degrees. A fee-waiver of 30% is allowed for the selected students depending on each one’s case. The following points are essential to check your eligibility before applying for the scholarship.
- Students who have passed their high school must have a minimum 75% score.
- The scholarships are not applicable for summer semesters.
- Applicants who are selected must devote 15 hours/month to the community service in the university as their commitment to it.
Masdar Institute Fully Funded Master Scholarships
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology offers potential students fully-funded masters and PhD degrees. It provides a plethora of specialisations for its master’s and doctorate program. Here are the rewards offered in Masdar Institute Fully Funded Master Scholarships in Dubai:
- Entire tuition fees
- All required textbooks
- A laptop
- Reimbursement of GRE and TOEFL fees
- Accommodation at Masdar Institute
- Monthly stipend
- Health insurance
- Annual return ticket home
Students must check the following eligibility criteria for this university scholarship in Dubai before applying for the scholarship:
- An undergraduate degree in science, engineering or IT from a recognized and accredited university.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- A minimum GRE score of 155.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 91, or a minimum academic IELTS score of 6.5
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
Outstanding Academic Excellence Scholarships
Offered by the University of Wollongong Dubai campus, the Outstanding Academic Excellence Scholarships provide benefits ranging from 20% to 50% of fee allowance. The undergraduate programs available under this scholarship are Business Marketing, Human Resources, International Business and Management, Finance & Accounting, Computer Science and Engineering.
HH Sheikh Hamdan Scholarships
The HH Sheikh Hamdan Scholarship is another beneficial scholarship in Dubai. This scheme is offered to students with outstanding grades who wish to pursue their bachelor’s studies at Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU). Students who have a minimum GPA of 3.60 out of 4.00 are offered a 15% remission of the tuition fee for the coming semester.
The Indian High School Dubai Scholarships
The Indian High School (IHS) provides potential students with the highest total marks in each grade. Scholarship cash prizes are also provided to students who excel in academic and extracurricular activities in school.
Hamdan Bin Zayed Scholarships
Another key mention in our list of scholarships in Dubai, the H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Scholarship is offered to 20 outstanding students for graduation and post-graduation degrees. This scholarship covers complete tuition fees, application fees, registration fees, and health insurance. Students must check the following eligibility before applying for the scheme.
- An average mark of 97% in the last 3 years of secondary education.
- Minimum Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.70
- The scholarship will not cover repeated courses including courses graded as F, WA, and W.
Government Scholarships in Dubai
Here are the most popular government scholarships in Dubai:
- The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships: Awards upto $5000 and can be availed by Pell Grant recipients only.
- The David L. Boren Scholarships: Many for foreign and security-sensitive languages such as Islamic Studies, Arabic; Rewards more than $26,000; Recipients are placed in the Department of Homeland Security after the completing of their course.
College/University Scholarships in Dubai
Apart from the aforementioned scholarships in Dubai, there are various other scholarships offered by universities in the UAE and are as follows:
- International Student Scholarship at the University of New South Wales, Dubai Campus
- William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Scholarships
- The Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Fellowships
- The American University in Dubai
- Academic Excellence Scholarship at Murdoch University Dubai
Thus, we hope that this blog provided you with the best scholarships in Dubai. If you require any further assistance in applying for any of these scholarships or selecting a suitable course to pursue your higher studies in Dubai, then Leverage Edu experts are just a click away. Sign up for a free session with our counsellors and get your queries answered!