With Burj Khalifa reaching high towards the sky and the Palm Jumeirah Islands spread across the beautiful seashore, studying in Dubai is no less than an extravagant experience. With many leading institutions around the world opening up their centres in Dubai as well as universities in the region attracting international crowds, its education sector is steadily gaining recognition as one of the most accomplished in the Middle Eastern region. Further, pursuing an MBA in Dubai provides an enriching experience especially when taking into account the vibrant MBA career options owing to its booming financial sector. Keep reading this blog to learn about all the relevant details you must keep in mind while applying for an MBA in Dubai.
|Total number of MBA Colleges in Dubai
|Approximately 10+ MBA colleges
|MBA cost in Dubai
|Cost of studying for an MBA in Dubai: INR 15 Lakhs (approx.)
Cost of living in Dubai: INR 6 Lakhs for a year on average.
|General Management, Supply Chain, Human Resources, International Business, and Business Analytics among others.
(Subject to University)
|Bachelor’s Degree + GMAT/GRE scores + IELTS/TOEFL score + work experience
This Blog Includes:
International students have various advantages when studying in the UAE. Here are some reasons why you should consider studying at one of the best MBA colleges in Dubai:
- Dubai is a Global Business Hub: Dubai attracts multinational firms and businesspeople from all over the world due to its status as a global commercial hub. Students can study optimal business practices and gain experience in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Academic Excellence: Dubai is well-known for its excellent educational system, and various colleges and business institutions offer demanding MBA programs. Students may expect a well-rounded education from MBA institutes in Dubai, which emphasize practical skills and real-world applications.
- Networking: Dubai’s corporate community offers MBA students a plethora of networking and part-time career options. At several events, conferences, and industry gatherings, students can interact with professionals, potential employers, and mentors who can help shape their future.
- International Campuses: Dubai is home to numerous international campuses and branch campuses of well-known universities from throughout the world. This allows students to study in Dubai while still benefiting from the prestige and high level of instruction associated with these international colleges.
- Job Opportunities: Due to Dubai’s robust economy and convenient location, MBA graduates have a wide range of professional opportunities. Graduates have a wide range of work opportunities due to the city’s many industries, which include finance, hospitality, retail, real estate, and more.
- Cultural Experience: Dubai combines traditional Arabic culture with a cosmopolitan way of life. Students can enjoy modern entertainment facilities as well as historical sites.
You might be interested in:
Universities Offering MBA in Dubai
Business schools offering an MBA in Dubai not only offer highly-rated management programs but also host internationally experienced faculty and best-in-class infrastructure. Students have the option to choose from a wide range of MBA programs. The following table lists some of the institutes you must consider.
|QS Global MBA Rankings – 2023
|THE World University Rankings 2023 by Subject: Business and Economics
|Abu Dhabi University
|United Arab Emirates University College of Business and Economics
|The American University of Sharjah
|American University in Dubai
|The University of Sharjah
Note: It is advised that prospective applicants go through the application and entry requirements before applying.
Top MBA Specialisations in Dubai
For Indian students interested in studying in Dubai, here is a list of the top MBA specialisations.
- MBA in General Management
- MBA in Supply Chain
- MBA in Human Resources
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Project Management
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Healthcare Management
Entry Requirements for MBA in Dubai
- The criteria for entry of a typical MBA in Dubai involve possession of a bachelor’s degree and some years of professional experience in any related field of interest.
- The requirement for experience is variable on the nature of the program, namely a Full-Time MBA, Executive MBA or Global MBA amongst others. As an example, for admission into the Dubai-London Executive MBA at London Business School, an average of 12 years of experience is required whereas the American University of Dubai asks for around two years of work experience and the University of Wollongong in Dubai’s MBA program is designed for freshers.
- Further, the admission is conducted in two cycles, namely the fall and winter. It is advised that students meticulously go through the MBA Admission Process of specific universities in detail.
Also Read: Executive MBA in India
The procedure of application to enrol for an MBA in Dubai is at par with other top-level management schools in the USA, UK or Australia.
- Applicants looking to apply for management programs in Dubai are generally required to submit GRE/GMAT/EA and IELTS/TOEFL scores.
- Further, top schools like the London Business School may require application essays addressing the reasons for pursuing an MBA at LBS.
- Prospective applicants must note that the admissions criteria are quite flexible and the mentioned requirements can be waived or relaxed depending on the candidature, for instance, senior-level experience.
MBA in Dubai: Fees
The cost of an MBA in Dubai varies depending on the university and program. The MBA in UAE prices, on the other hand, might range from AED 4,000 per credit to AED 102,000 for the entire course. The MBA charge for normal students at the University of Dubai is AED 9,555; the MBA fee for the Canadian University Dubai is AED 101,115 for all 12 courses, and so on. Remember that these expenses may vary depending on the length of the program, whether it is full- or part-time, and the reputation of the institution. Students can apply for scholarships to help them pay for their MBA studies in Dubai.
Cost of Living in Dubai
Apart from tuition costs, other expenses in Dubai include lodging, transportation, and so on. Students must understand the typical amount they can incur to arrange their costs appropriately. Some common expenses are shown in the table below. However, modifications may occur depending on your location, lifestyle, and so forth.
|Type of Expense
|Average Amount (in AED)
|AED 70,000 – AED 1,00,000
Dubai Study Visa
Every candidate would need a study visa to study in a foreign nation. Candidates wishing to study in MBA colleges in Dubai would need to obtain a Dubai Study Visa to visit the country. Generally, the Dubai Study Visa is valid for one year and the relevant higher educational institute in the UAE, where the student is admitted, can extend it for the same duration upon formal proof of the continuation of studies. For the first time and renewal, the Dubai Study Visa costs around AED100.
Introduced in October 2018, outstanding students can apply for a five-year long-term visa if they have graduated with a grade of at least 95% from secondary schools, whether public or private or if they have graduated with a distinctive GPA of at least 3.75 from universities both within and outside the country.
Jobs and Salaries
Dubai has evolved as one of the main job providers throughout the years. The economy is rapidly expanding, and as a result, new employment is being generated daily. In this area, we will look at the main industries and wages that can be expected when working in Dubai.
|AED 15K to AED 200K
|Engineering and Construction
|AED 50K to AED 300K
|AED 50K to AED 300K
|AED 50K to AED 200K
|AED 42K to AED 300K
|Marketing and Advertising
|AED 50K to AED 250K
|Oil and Gas
|AED 24K to AED 350K
|AED 25K to AED 200K
|AED 25K to AED 200K
In this section, we will cover the top employers who are looking to hire MBA graduates from Dubai once they complete their MBA program in the country.
- Schneider Electric
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Johnson Controls
Ans. The average first-year tuition for an MBA program in Dubai is INR 15 Lakhs. The average annual cost of living in Dubai is roughly INR 6 lakhs. Candidates should be aware that the cost of living is dependent on the lifestyle and accommodations chosen by the candidate.
Ans. Admission to a standard MBA program in Dubai requires candidates to possess a bachelor’s degree and several years of professional experience in any associated field of interest.
The level of experience required varies depending on the program, such as a Full-Time MBA, Executive MBA, or Global MBA, among others.
Ans. The top three cheapest colleges in Dubai for an MBA are:
Westford University College- 29,875 AED.
BITS Pilani, Dubai Campus- 30,965 AED.
IMT, Dubai- 32,000 AED.
To apply for an MBA in Dubai or any management course in general, requires you to be meticulous and consider every aspect of your application with great attention. Needless to say, it is a daunting effort to take care of minute details while applying.
The experienced counsellors at Leverage Edu will guide you with quality advice at any step of the process of applying for your chosen MBA course and university, ensuring that we successfully shortlist you to advance your career in the ‘city of gold.’