The University of Toronto is one of the top universities in the world and is situated on the land that surrounds Queens Park. further, this prominent research institute is popular worldwide as a leader in research and teaching. There are numerous benefits of pursuing a degree from The University of Toronto. With more than 19,187 students, the university has an extensive network of more than 5,75,924 notable alumni. In this blog, we have discussed everything you need to know about the University of Toronto, scholarships provided by the institution, and much more!
University of Toronto Highlights
|Type of University||Public|
|No. of Campuses||3 Mississauga, St. George, Scarborough|
|No. of Courses Offered||Over 980|
|% of International Students||24%|
This Blog Includes:
- University of Toronto Highlights
- About the University of Toronto
- University of Toronto Rankings
- University of Toronto Scholarships
- University of Toronto Top Courses and Fees
- University of Toronto Admission Process
Also Read: Scholarships in Canada 2022
About the University of Toronto
One of the prestigious institutions in Canada, The University of Toronto is home to some of the most celebrated architecture and beautiful green spaces. Established way back in 1827, the university has managed to achieve its place among the leading universities in the world. The University of Toronto is famous as a public research institute and represents more than 100 years old discoveries and creations. Further, the campuses of the institution are located in the world’s most dynamic urban environment. The university is home to three wonderful campuses that have enrolled more than 93,081 students including international students from 159 countries across the world.
University of Toronto Rankings
Let’s take a peek at some of the University of Toronto’s remarkable rankings before learning more about The University of Toronto Scholarships:
|QS World Rankings (2022)||#26|
|Macleans Canada Rankings 2022||#1|
|Times Higher Education Rankings 2022||#18|
|Best global university ranking, by U.S. News & World Report 2022||#16|
University of Toronto Scholarships
Many students find it difficult to afford fees for degrees offered by the University of Toronto, to help these students and provide support there are a plethora of scholarships offered by the University of Toronto. Some of the popular scholarships are:
|Name of the Scholarship||Eligible Courses||Awarded Amount||Deadline|
|Narotam Sekhsarias Scholarships||Business, engineering, science, medicine, humanities, and law||Not available||16th March 2022|
|Hani Zeini Scholarships||Business, engineering, science, computer, and humanities||CAD 1,000 or INR 74,390||1 March 2022|
|Harvey Fellowships||Business, science, and humanities||CAD 16,000 or INR 11,90,240||Not available|
|K.C. Mahindra Scholarships For Post-Graduate Studies Abroad||BusinessEngineeringComputersScienceMedicineHumanitiesLaw||INR 8,00,000||31st Mar 2022|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship- Other Master Programs||Business, engineering, science, computer, humanities, and law||INR 2,97,700 or 5,000 CAD||1st Jun 2022|
|Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship||Business and law||CAD 10,000 or INR 7,37,600||4th February 2022|
|Jared J Davis Grant||Business, engineering, science, computers, medicine, humanities, and law||CAD 1,000 or INR 74,390||Not available|
|QS Undergraduate Scholarship||Business, engineering, science, computers, medicine, humanities, and law||CAD 5,000 or INR 3,68,800||30th April 2022|
|Women Techmakers Scholars Program||Computers||CAD 1,000 or INR 74,390||10th December 2021|
|QS Scholarship for Academic Excellence||Business, engineering, science, computers, medicine, humanities, and law||CAD 10,000 or INR 7,43,900||30th April 2022|
Must Read: How to Study in Canada
Ontario Graduate Scholarship(Other Master Programs)+-9
These merit-based scholarships encourage students with academic excellence in graduate studies. These scholarships are mainly provided to students who are pursuing graduate studies at publicly assisted universities in Ontario. Further, the scholarship provided at The University of Toronto is jointly funded by The University of Toronto and The Province of Toronto. An amount of CAD 5000 per session is provided to each shortlisted student to bear their tuition fees at the institution.
- This scholarship is open to students from 239+ countries including India.
- If you want to apply for this scholarship then you are required to have an undergraduate degree from a recognized institution with at least A or equivalent.
- You are required to register or tend to register in an eligible program on a regular basis in 2022-2023.
You are required to submit an OGS application to your purpose graduate unit using the application form (U of T School of Graduate Studies Centralized online OGS). the deadline for application is June 1, 2022, and this application needs a separate external form.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program- BBA/ BA in Economics
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program- BBA/ BA in Economics is a scholarship provided by The University of Toronto to international students with exceptional academic achievements and creativity. An amount of CAD 60,490 is awarded to the students to help them with the tuition fees and accommodation.
- The scholarship is mainly for international students who are original and creative thinkers committed to the community and school.
- Students are also required to be high achievers in academics and enthusiastic about learning.
No specific documents are required for the application however the nomination for the scholarship program is received from the schools. Further, this scholarship needs a separate external application. The deadline for the applications is January 17, 2022.
University of Toronto Scholars Program
One of the main scholarships provided by The University of Toronto is the University of Toronto Scholars Program is a scholarship provided to most outstanding secondary school students on admission.
- Candidates are required to pursue a bachelor’s degree to become eligible for this scholarship program.
- Another main requirement is IELTS with a minimum of 6.5 with no band below 6 or TOEFL with 100 and 22 minimum in the writing section.
- No such special restrictions.
- Candidates are required to apply for the first year of direct entry undergraduate studies.
- This scholarship applies to all bachelor’s programs offered by The University of Toronto.
Students are auto-considered for this scholarship program and no separate applications are needed for the same. There is no specific deadline.
University of Toronto Top Courses and Fees
Some of the popular programs offered by The University of Toronto are
|Popular Programs||Fees in INR|
|MIM||14.86 L – 39.99 L|
|MS||14.86 L – 36.63 L|
|MBA/PGDM||26.02 L – 75.99 L|
|B.E. / B.Tech||34.63 L – 37.06 L|
University of Toronto Admission Process
Students can apply to the university’s programs by filling out an online application or via OUAC (Ontario Colleges Application Center).
Application Cost: There is a CAD 180(INR 11,012) application fee.
- GRE scores are required for some programs.
- GMAT scores will be necessary if you want to pursue an MBA at the University of Toronto.
- Admission to the University of Toronto requires a statement of purpose.
- Attested copies of all year’s mark sheets, including undergraduate and postgraduate if applicable.
- Attested copies of GRE, GMAT, SAT, and other scorecards
- Letters of recommendation
- Any other document proving the grant of money, scholarship, etc. Attested copies of passport
- Letter of acceptance with fee schedule
You’ll need more than just high marks to get into a prestigious university like the University of Toronto; you’ll also need a faultless application because the competition is severe. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Get in touch with our experts at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation session.