Establishing itself as a prominent study destination, France has become one of the prime sources of providing quality education within a largely government-funded apparatus. The country has been ranked fourth in terms of winning Nobel laureates in the world by the Economist and attracts a large number of international students from all across the globe. Moreover, France is majorly renowned for the plethora of master’s degree courses it avails in a varied range of fields. If you are planning to pursue a master’s degree in Science abroad, then France should be at the top of your list. Through this blog, we will provide you with all the essential details on MS in France, the top universities you can pursue it from as well as the eligibility criteria you need to fulfil.
|Total Number of Universities||294|
|Oldest University||University of Paris (c.1160-1793)|
|Course Length||1-2 years|
This Blog Includes:
Why pursue MS in France?
Master of Science (MS) is a postgraduate degree that one can pursue after completing their graduate degree in the fields related to science. It is one to a two-year degree program that helps students delve deeper into varied specialisations of Science and is usually opted by those wanting to explore the arena of research or academic careers. When it comes to studying your MS in France, there are countless opportunities that you can avail. The country offers you quality MS programs in numerous specializations and at affordable tuition costs. Moreover, the opportunities for R&D (Research and Development) in France are varied and therefore if you are a scholar wanting to dig deeper into a particular field, then the French academic institutions are amongst the ideal ones to opt for. There are many reasons why France is popular with international students where more than 250,000 of them chose to study here last year. These are just a few reasons as to why pursue MS in France:
- Affordability: With its low tuition fees, France has one of the most accessible higher education sectors in the world. EU, EEA and Swiss nationals pay only EUR 243 per year for Masters at public universities.
- Historical universities and institutions: France is home to some of the oldest universities in the world – particularly the University of Paris, which has been in existence intermittently and in various forms since about 1160.
- Language: As one of the most popular non-English study abroad destinations, France is a great opportunity to learn a new language or to even refresh your existing French skills.
- Unique higher education system: French higher education is unusual in that it consists of small institutions within much broader academic networks. This means that institutions can be extremely specialized while benefiting from the shared resources of other universities and research centres.
- Research and Innovation Hub: Many French higher education institutions invest plenty of resources in their research infrastructures and staff. If you see yourself spending long hours in labs, experimenting, and working on the next breakthrough of humankind, France is the place to go. More than 64 Nobel Prize winners and 15 Fields medals highlight the importance that France attaches to research and progress.
Also Read: MBA in France
Popular fields for MS in France
When it comes to perusing your MS in France, there is a large number of specializations available in the field of Science that you can choose from. Amongst the long list of courses that you can follow, here are a few of the popular and major subjects offered under MS programs:
- Architecture, Arts and Design
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Artificial Intelligence for Marketing Strategy
- International Business
- Digital Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Advanced Studies and Research in Finance
- Business Analytics
- International Finance
- Human Resources
- Computer Engineering
- Applied Science
- Management and Business Administration
- Information Technology and Computer Sciences
- Education and Training
- Environmental Science Studies
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Healthcare and Medicine
- Natural Science and Life Science
Also Read: PhD in France
Basic Eligibility Criteria
To enrol in any program, there are certain eligibility conditions that one needs to fulfil in order to apply for it. When it comes to the qualification criteria for MS in France, the eligibility conditions might vary as per the course as well as the university. Students are advised to go through the official website of their chosen institution before starting out with the application procedure. Below we have listed some of the basic prerequisites that you need to clear to be deemed qualified to pursue an MS program in France:
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent from a recognized institution along with passing the minimum criteria of credits and scores which will be specified by the institution you have chosen to study your MS in France.
- If you are applying for those MS programs that have English as their medium of instruction, then you will be required to submit your scores for any of the English language proficiency tests like IELTS and TOEFL.
- Many higher education institutions in France prefer applicants with relevant work or research-related experience in the field of study that they are applying for.
- A scan of your diploma (high school and Bachelor’s degree both)
- A transcript/record of your previous studied courses
- A scan of your passport and birth certificate
- Entrance exams scores as per the university requirements
- Evidence of scholarship or funding (if any)
- Minimum 2 Letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Portfolio and writing essays (as per the university guidelines)
Popular Universities for MS in France
There is an array of universities and colleges in France that offer specialized MS programs in a plethora of disciplines and sub-disciplines. Here is a list of some of the top institutions that you must consider for pursuing your MS in France:
- Skema Business School
- EDHEC Business School
- IESEG School of Management
- University of Nantes
- Pierre and Marie Curie University
- Grenoble INP – Grenoble Institute of Technology
- TBS Business School
- École Normale Supérieure De Lyon
- University of Strasbourg
- Paris Sciences et Lettres – PSL Research University Paris
- Sorbonne University
- Ecole Polytechnic
- University of Paris
- Telecom Paris
- HEC Paris
- Paris Sud University
- Paris Diderot University
- Ecole des Ponts Paris Tech
- Aix-Marseille University
Thus, we hope that this blog has provided you with all the key essentials regarding MS in France. If you are looking forward to study a master’s degree in France and don’t know where to start, take the help of Leverage Edu’s AI tool to browse through a wide range of courses available at the country’s top academic institutions and it will help you find a suitable combination of program and university that can equip you with immense knowledge and exposure into your chosen field of study.