SciencesPo or Paris Institute of Political Science is one of the most prestigious schools in France. The Institute was founded by Emile Boutmy. This international research university is home to 14,000+ students. Established in 1872, the university is more than one and a half century old. However, the school holds the same reputation and keeps on crossing milestones on its list. One such accomplishment is their scholarship program for bachelor/ masters at the school. Named after the founder, the Emile Boutmy Scholarship covers tuition fees at Sciences Po. Let’s learn more about that.
This Blog Includes:
What is the Emile Boutmy Scholarship?
SciencesPo created the Emile Boutmy Scholarship to introduce talented students to the knowledge banks of the school. Here are some of the important features of the scholarship:
- It is available for international students outside the European Union.
- Awarded to students who match the admission criteria of SciencesPo and individual course requirements.
- It covers tuition fees for three years of a bachelor’s degree and two years of a master’s degree.
*Following are tentative dates as per the previous pattern of deadlines
|Bachelors Program Scholarship Deadline||February 2023|
|Masters Program Scholarship Deadline||December 2022|
Also Read: Top Scholarships in France for International Students
Who can Apply?
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a first-time applicant.
- Must apply for a full-time bachelor/master’s degree.
- Must be from a non-European Union state.
- Your household must not file taxes within the European Union.
- Candidates from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree.
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You are a Swiss or Norwegian citizen.
- Have dual citizenship with one of them as a European citizen.
- Candidates from Quebec for a master’s degree.
- PhD program students.
- Students applying for a 1-year master’s degree.
- Masters dual-degree candidates.
- Exchange students.
- Applying via the French graduate admission procedure.
General Details on the Scholarship
Aside from the eligibility criteria, here are the other details that you must be aware of before applying for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship:
- Candidates cannot combine their scholarships with any other scholarship unless allowed by the jury.
- It is awarded as per merit and according to the type of profile for the course.
- Social criteria is taken into account.
- You must mention in your application that you wish to apply for the scholarship. It will not be awarded automatically.
Also Read: Study in France
Emile Boutmy Scholarship Amount
Now that we know all the details you need to apply for the scholarship, let’s find out how much will it cover for your admission at the school:
- The Scholarship is awarded at the beginning of the first year.
- If you do not validate your academic year, the scholarship will be revoked.
- If you defer your admission after receiving the scholarship, it will be lost.
- For the Bachelor’s program, the tuition grant will depend on the course you are applying for. You will receive one of the following grants every year for three years of your program:
- €13,000 (INR 11,39 lacs) per year
- €8,800 (INR 77 lacs) per year
- €6,000 (INR 52.6 lacs) per year
- €3,600 (INR 31 lacs) per year
- For the Master’s program, the tuition grant will depend on the course you are applying for. You will receive one of the following grants every year for two years of your program:
- €12,200 (INR 10.6 lacs) per year
- €6,100 (INR 53.4 lacs) per year
Also Read: Study in France with Scholarships
How to Apply?
Here is how you can apply for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship:
- Fill out the application for the SciencesPo course.
- While doing so, you will come across a section, ‘Financial information.
- Indicate on the application that you are applying for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship.
- You may be required to provide your proof of income and documents explaining the family situation.
- The documents include income tax returns of both parents, payslips, divorce certificates, unemployment benefits, child alimony, etc.
- You must also attach the language test result along with the application.
Also Read: Government & University Scholarships in France
The Emile Boutmy Scholarship covers the tuition fees for the bachelor’s or master’s program that you wish to attend at SciencesPo.
You can apply for the scholarship during your application process by mentioning it under the ‘Financial Information section of the application form.
It is fairly tough for an international student to get into the SciencesPo master’s course. You must have excellent grades and having work experience can tip the scales in your favour
No, it is not possible to do so as the primary criteria for the scholarship are your application for a course at SciencesPo
This was all about the Emile Boutmy Scholarship. If you are planning to apply to SciencesPo or any other university around the world and wish to improve your chances of joining the school with a scholarship, connect with us. Our expert counsellors at Leverage Edu will guide you through the entire process and help you make the right decision to make your study abroad dream a reality. What are you waiting for? Book your FREE Consultation Call Now or Call us at 1800 57 2000.
I am very much interested
I am very much interested
Call us at 1800 57 2000 and we will help you with how to apply.