When it comes to studying art, there are a plethora of possibilities, but France is most certainly the best. French museums, located in the center of Europe, feature some of the most famous works of art by the old masters. There is simply no better place to learn oil painting and a variety of other time-honored art techniques than here. Are you planning to study arts in France and looking for some of the best art schools in France? Then, read the full blog and clear all your doubts.
Table of contents
Why Study Arts in France?
Many world-renowned artists have lived and worked in France, including Claude Monet, Paul Gauguin, Edgar Degas, Paul Cezanne, Edouard Manet, and Auguste Renoir. When you study art in France, you may be able to take part in the country’s long artistic legacy.
You may also have the opportunity to visit galleries and museums that house stunning works of art, and you may even be able to walk in the footsteps of the masters and see where they got their ideas. Studying art in one of France’s art schools could provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to improve your artistic skills and knowledge while seeing some of the world’s most famous masterpieces.
Here are some more reasons to consider France as your study destination:
- Higher education that is tailored to the needs of students is of high quality.
- Outstanding potential for research and development
- France is a global economic powerhouse.
- Leading international firms to have their headquarters in France: Airbus, Total, Orange, LVMH, L’Oréal, Danone…
- In the fields of innovation and entrepreneurship, young talent is highly prized.
- French is the third most widely spoken business language in the world.
Art Schools in France
Below we mention some of the best art schools in France, have a look!
|Name of the School||Location||Tuition Fees|
|ESCP Business School||Paris, France||Eur 15800 (INR 14 lakhs)|
|The American College of the Mediterranean||Aix-en-Provence, France||Eur 45148 (INR 40 lakhs)|
|ArtFX||Montpellier, France||Eur 6770 (INR 6 lakhs)|
|Paris College Of Art||Paris, France||50Eur 53049 (INR 47 lakhs)|
|Burgundy School of Business||Dijon, France||Eur 13540 (INR 12 lakhs)|
|Académie Charpentier||Île-de-France, France||Eur 39500 (INR 35 lakhs)|
|Kedge Business School||Paris, France||Eur 18060 (INR 16 lakhs)|
|LISAA Paris||Paris, France||Eur 7900 (INR 7 lakhs)|
|Institut International De La Communication Paris (IICP)||Paris, France||Eur 7900 (INR 7 lakhs)|
|Champollion University||Albi, France||Eur 7900 (INR 7 lakhs)|
Application to Study in France
The first step towards getting a degree in Art is to apply for admission at the university of your choice. Only once you complete your application process, the concerned college will review your application whether you are a good fit for the school or not.
Art Schools in France: Application Proces
Here is an application guide for non-EU applicants planning to study arts in France:
- Complete your application to the school you wish to attend. You can download an application from the university’s official website or request in person from the university to wish to attend.
- To study abroad, you need to submit academic transcripts from all institutions you have attended since secondary school.
- You need to provide a copy of their passport as well as their passport-sized photograph. However, if you are attending the university for more than 3 months, then you have to apply for visa proof as well.
- Some colleges require that essays and SOPs be written to the best of your ability.
- Submit the proof of English-language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
- A copy of the birth certificate as well as a certified translation showing the birthplace of parents.
- To prove your capability to cover all the abroad expenses, proof of income is mandatory.
Career Scope of Art in France
After studying an Art course, students are eligible to work in various sectors. Depending on your area of interest, you can choose from a range of options. Here are the potential employers that can hire you after you have completed your degree program:
- Art Studios
- Local Historical Societies
- Arts Councils
- Film & Motion Pictures and Media Producers
- Interior Design Departments
- Newspaper or Publishing Houses
- Advertising Agencies
Art Schools in France: Job Prospects
Here are some jobs profiles that you may be eligible for based on your studies and experience:
- Video Game Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Digital Designer
- Web Developers
- VFX artists
- Game Developer
- Art Editor
- Fashion Designer
- Food Stylist
- Special Effects Consultant
This blog gave you reasons to consider studying Art in France, discussed some of the best art schools in France, career opportunities after studying Art, and job prospects that you may expect after completing the course in Art. We hope the information provided was helpful.
Are you having trouble enrolling in one of the best art schools in France? Then get in touch with us at Leverage Edu, where one of our qualified specialists will walk you through the admissions process and assist you with your visa application.