To build a successful career, every individual wants to pursue higher education. However, attending regular or on-campus classes can be difficult especially for those who are either working or are not financially stable. To overcome this hurdle, universities have started offering an array of degree courses through distance learning. Not only does this medium gives students the flexibility to study but it also provides a wide range of networking opportunities. Apart from other courses, the MBA is also offered through this medium. Thus, in this blog, we will discuss the elements pertaining to the MBA distance education program, their types, and colleges offering courses in this format.
The MBA distance education learning program is a popular mode of obtaining a business administration degree without actually attending classes. The biggest advantage of learning through virtual classes is that the teachers and students can interact easily form any part of the world thus making studies more accessible. With the increasing popularity, MBA distance education mode is slowly evolving into the most preferred choice amongst working professionals. From part-time and satellite MBA to online and executive business administration courses, almost all of them are now being offered through the distance mode. One major difference between the MBA distance education program and a full-time course is that of the program modules. Earlier, in the recruitment process, full-time MBA graduates were given preference. But now even those who have completed their postgraduate degrees through distance education are hired by top multinational companies.
Types Of MBA Distance Education Programs
The correspondence course is one of the oldest mediums to obtain a degree in a number of programs. But with the advancement in technology, many more mediums have been introduced to study. Given below is a comprehensive list of the different types of MBA distance education learning programs.
- Asynchronous MBA Distance Learning: This program has strict deadlines with a usually weekly time limit. An MBA pursued through this medium allows the students to learn at their own pace as the classes are not synchronized with the on-campus or full-time classes.
- Synchronous MBA Distance Education Learning Program: The students who pursue an MBA degree through this mode receive study materials through teleconferencing.
- Correspondence MBA Distance Learning: Considered as one of the earliest forms of distance learning, the study material is sent either through post or email. The candidates can get their doubts cleared by tutors either through email or phone.
- Electronic MBA Distance Learning: Also known as e-learning, the course material in this type of MBA distance education program is provided to the candidates through CDs, DVD’s or by giving them access to a computer.
- Fixed Time Online MBA Distance Education: Considered as one of the most interactive MBA distance education programs, the course requires access to the internet as the candidates will be required to log into their profiles at a specific given time to study their respective courses.
Colleges for MBA Distance Learning
Since the demand for MBA graduates has increased, a lot of universities now offer a multitude of specialization courses. Some of the colleges that provide MBA distance education programs are:
- Massey University, New Zealand
- La Trobe University, Australia
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Australia
- Victoria University, Australia
- Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Curtin University, Australia
- University of Newcastle, Australia
- Nottingham Trent University, UK
- De Montfort University, UK
- CQUniversity Australia, Australia
- Macquarie University, Australia
Also Read: MBA Subjects
Hopefully, this blog has given you an insight into the MBA distance education program. If you want to pursue this degree but are not sure about which university to study in then the experts at Leverage Edu can lend you a helping hand. Not only will the mentors help you select the right university but they will also assist you in completing the admission formalities. You can schedule a 30 minutes free career counseling session with our experts. Hurry up, book your slot now!