Do you wish to acquire an MBA degree but could not pursue it because of the lack of professional experience? Then, you should definitely consider Deferred MBA Programs as they are the best alternative for MBA courses as you can enrol in such a program with zero work experience. Most of the universities today ask for full-time work experience for aspirants aiming for an MBA and that’s why this programme comes as a relief to many. Wondering what this program is all about? Read this blog to know all about Deferred MBA Programs.
This Blog Includes:
What is a Deferred MBA Programs?
A Deferred MBA Programs is similar to a regular MBA programme in terms of curriculum, method of teaching, etc. but the only and significant difference is that you don’t need to have work experience to get admission into it. Wondering why is it so? It’s because this programme is designed in a way that after getting enrolled in the course, you have to spend the first two years (Maximum 4) gaining work experience. The universities offering Deferred MBA Programs grant students a pre-admission into the future batch of their MBA program. So, once you finish the first 2-4 years assigned to gaining full-time work experience, the next two years would be spent doing full-time, regular college.
Top Deferred MBA Programs
Here is a list of deferred MBA Programmes offered by top universities across the world.
|University/School||Course||Average GMAT Score||Worldwide Ranking|
|Harvard Business School||2+2 program||730||2|
|Stanford Graduate School of Business||GSB Deferred Admission||737||1|
|Wharton Business School||The Moelis advance access programme||732||3|
|Chicago Booth School of Business||Chicago Booth Scholars Program||730||8|
|Yale School of Management||Silver Scholars Program||721||16|
|Darden School Of Business||Future Year Scholars Program||713||50|
|MIT Sloan School of Management||MBA early Admission Program||727||5|
|Columbia Business School||Deferred Enrollment Program||725||10|
|NYU Stern School of Business||NYU Stern MBA||721||22|
Why Opt for Deferred MBA Programs: Advantages
Deciding what to do after your graduation might be a difficult decision to make. If you are still confused about whether to go for a Deferred MBA Programs or not then this section might help. For your convenience here is a list of advantages of opting for a deferred MBA program.
- Acquiring an MBA degree is quite expensive. And to meet the financial requirements, most students end up taking loans. But the Deferred MBA programme offers you a better alternative. Now you can work for two years and accumulate the required money and pay for your MBA without overburdening your family and yourself.
- You get to explore various fields before actually choosing which MBA specialisation to opt for. It will give you more clarity in terms of where your interests lie.
- Some people choose MBA out of a whim, without being sure if it’s the right course for them. In such a scenario, two years of full-time work experience will help them sort their priorities and realise if an MBA is the right choice for them or not.
- MBA Deferred programs simply the process of gaining work experience a bit easier. To start a career in any field your resume should be strong and the fact that you have got admission into one of the top business schools is going to act in your favour.
Most of the universities offering deferred MBA programs have similar eligibility requirements. Here are the key eligibility requirements for Deferred MBA Programs:
- If you are pursuing an undergraduate degree and are in their final year of your study could.
- Master’s degree level students are also eligible to apply. But they must not have held a full time working position between their bachelors and masters.
- As these Deferred Programs accept you without any work experience you need to have a strong academic record.
- Must have performed well in GMAT/GRE exams.
- You must have cleared any of the English language proficiency tests, preferably IELTS OR TOEFL.
- At least 2 Letters of Recommendation.
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
You can apply for these courses through the official websites of the respective colleges.
So, this was all that you needed to know about the deferred MBA Programs. Want to apply for an MBA degree at a top business school abroad? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to lend you a helping hand in shortlisting the best course and university as per your interests and preferences! Sign up for a free session with us now!