CAT Exam 2023 is scheduled for 26th November and all aspirants must be under a lot of pressure. Well, we can’t help you with your actual preparation but to ease the pressure down a bit we have come up with a list of CAT exam day guidelines which will familiarise you with the dos and don’ts regarding CAT 2023 exam day. And when it comes to these exams, you should always be aware of all the guidelines to be on the safer side.
This Blog Includes:
Basic Guidelines for CAT 2023
- Reporting time – All the candidates of CAT 2023 must reach the exam centre at least 30 minutes before the designated time i.e, 30 minutes before the closing of the entrance gate.
- Admit card – Carrying a printed hardcopy of admit card on the date of examination is mandatory. Without it, the candidates won’t be allowed to sit for the CAT exam. The candidates must check beforehand that all the details mentioned on their admit card like name, date of exam, and session time are right and in case of any discrepancy contact the concerned authorities.
- ID proof – The candidates must carry with them a valid, original photo ID proof which will be checked at the entry gate. Pan card, Aadhar card, driver’s license, ration card and passport are all considered to be valid photo ID proofs.
Must Read: CAT Exam Pattern: Updated Version
What to Carry and Not Carry for CAT 2023 Exam?
Here is a list of items that you can bring and not bring to the CAT test centre for candidates to make sure they are well-versed with the guidelines before the CAT exam.
Things to Carry
On the day of the CAT test, candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination room without some of these documents.
- CAT Admit Card 2023
- Photo Identity Proof
- Stationery Items
- Authorization Form
- Medical Certificate and Scribe Affidavit
- Name Change Document
- Covid-19 related items
Things to NOT Carry
The CAT conducting authorities have provided a comprehensive list of prohibited items that are not permitted to be brought to the test location for CAT 2022. These things are
- Bags/ Mobile/ Calculators/or any electronic gadget or devices.
- Jewellery is also not allowed inside the exam hall.
- At the CAT exam location, candidates who have metal implants, pacemakers, etc. in their bodies must bring a medical certificate proving as much.
- Candidates are not permitted to enter the examination room wearing shoes, metal headpins, or clips after the frisking point.
- Pencil boxes are not permitted inside the exam room. At the CAT exam site in 2023, candidates must make their own arrangements for personal belongings.
Must Read: How To Prepare For CAT?
CAT Exam Day Guidelines – Do’s and Don’ts
As per guidelines for the Cat exam day 2023, candidates must not engage in any of the activities mentioned below:
- The candidates must avoid carrying jewellery and electronic gadgets with them on the date of the exam as they are not allowed inside the exam centre.
- Candidates are supposed to maintain strict decorum throughout the duration of the exam. If you are using any unfair means it might lead to the cancellation of your exam.
- Do not engage in any kind of argument with the invigilator.
- You are not supposed to take anything home from the test centre. Make sure to submit all the required papers or documents before leaving the exam hall.
- All the candidates must carry one additional photo and a blue ballpoint pen with them.
- Visit the exam centre once before the date of the exam to ensure that there will be no difficulty in finding the centre on exam day.
- After getting entry into the exam hall, the candidates must get to their designated seats immediately.
- Get your documents verified and paste your photograph on the attendance sheet.
- Read the CAT exam 2023 guidelines written on the top of the question paper and follow them carefully.
Must Read: Tips to Crack the Reading Comprehension for CAT
Special CAT Exam Day Guidelines with Respect to Covid
- Standard Operating Procedures will be used to implement safety measures and uphold the necessary level of hygiene.
- A space between two seats has been maintained in accordance with GOI guidelines.
- Hand sanitisers are available at the entrance and inside the exam venue for the staff and candidates’ safety.
- To maintain social distance standards, all procedures are touch-free.
- Candidates are urged to arrive at the reporting/entry time to avoid crowding.
- Before entry, each candidate received a brand-new 3 Ply mask.
Must Read: CAT Score vs Percentile
CAT 2023 Dress Code
The candidates must follow the dress code for any exam. The candidates won’t experience unnecessary hassle or waste their time on the crucial exam day if they adhere to the CAT exam day guidelines regarding dress. The following are the guidelines for the CAT exam dress code.
- Candidates must not enter the exam room wearing any jewellery, accessories, or ornaments.
- Avoid wearing outfits with lots of pockets, long sleeves, and layers.
- Wear plain clothing without any additional layers.
- Candidates are advised to arrive at the exam centre early for screening if they plan to wear any special clothing for religious or other reasons.
- While shoes, thick-soled footwear, and closed-toed footwear should be avoided, open-toed footwear is advised.
- You can refrain from wearing clothing with metallic accents like belts and buckles.
CAT 2023 Exam Tips
As CAT is considered to be one of the toughest exams, being nervous about appearing for it is fine. But to help all the CAT 2023 aspirants a bit we have come up with some tips that you can follow to ensure that your exams go well.
- Make sure to sleep well before the day of the exam. It’s scientifically proven that your mind works best when it’s well-rested. So don’t exhaust yourself and get a good night’s sleep.
- Dedicate the last day only for revision. If you try to mug up new concepts on the final day, it could confuse you. So, stick with revising what you already know, and go through all the formulas and theorems once before the day of the exam.
- Remain properly hydrated during the exam.
- Try to remain calm during the course of the examination. Because if you are calm, you can solve the questions more efficiently.
- Manage your time properly. If you don’t know an answer, don’t waste a lot of time on it and move on to the next one.
- Make sure to have a proper lunch/breakfast before the exam.
- Keep at least two printouts of your admit card with you just in case.
Ans. CAT Admit Card 2023.
Photo Identity Proof.
Medical Certificate and Scribe Affidavit.
Name Change Document.
Covid-19 related items.
Ans. One must wear items without pockets on the day of the CAT exam, such as shorts, t-shirts, jeans, and pants. Additionally, the examination room does not permit the wearing of closed-toed shoes, jackets, or belts. Metal objects, ornaments, and jewellery are prohibited in the exam centre in accordance with the published guidelines.
Ans. No jackets, jewellery, digital watches, electronic devices, or shoes are permitted on the candidates. Additionally, candidates are prohibited from bringing bags, wallets, or mobile phones into the CAT test centre. You must leave any of these items at the test centre entrance gate if you are wearing or carrying them.
So, these are all the CAT 2023 exam day guidelines that you need to follow. Follow these rules and appear for the exam confidently. Leverage Edu wishes you all the best!