The Asian country, Singapore, is known for its diverse culture, corruption-free environment, and excellent infrastructure. Apart from this, Singapore has also etched its name in providing high quality education through its multifarious short term courses and degree programs. Like many other courses, the universities in Singapore for MBA are very popular all over the world. With a diverse curriculum, experienced faculty, technologically advanced infrastructure, internationally accredited programs, and an array of specialisation courses, the MBA programs offered by universities in the Asian nation attracts many international students.
When it comes to Asia, 5 out of the list of 25 business schools are housed in Singapore. Further, the beautiful tourist destinations and delicious cuisine make Singapore an all in one study abroad destination for students. In this blog, we will shed light on some of the popular universities offering MBA programs in Singapore.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBA in Singapore?
Before the blog begins on discussing the top universities in Singapore for MBA, let’s first talk about the top reasons of studying MBA in Singapore. Read below.
- English is the primary language used in teaching in universities in Singapore, allowing international students to not be hurdled with language barriers in the study abroad experiences.
- In Singapore, the MBA programs are integrated with international study trips and exchange sessions that allow students to engage in global exposure and a multicultural understanding of their domain.
- Another beneficial aspect of studying MBA in Singapore is the numerous career prospects that the student is exposed to once they complete the course duration of their MBA programme. Moreover, government-funded institutions rather have policies which make it compulsory for Indian students studying MBA in Singapore to stay and work for 3 years in the country upon graduation.
- Furthermore, one of the most essential steps of studying MBA in Singapore, that is the visa process, is made easy by the universities itself. This is because the application is linked with the university and they work on a substantial part of the application procedure for students.
Top Universities for Studying MBA
Tabulated below is the list of top universities in Singapore for MBA, including their latest QS Rankings and course fees.
|Name of University
|QS World University
|National University of Singapore
(INR 20 lakh)
|Nanyang Business School
(INR 42 lakh)
|SGD 1,43, 087
(INR 87 lakh)
|ESSEC Business School
(INR 45 lakh)
|Lee Kong Chian School of Business (LKCSB),
Singapore Management University
(INR 38 lakh)
National University of Singapore (NUS)
The National University of Singapore is one of the renowned research universities in the world. Ranked 11th in QS World University Rankings 2023, the university offers an array of post-graduation courses including MBA. The NUS MBA is a 17 months program that is ranked 15th in the QS 2020 rankings. The curriculum of the course is designed to provide core industry as well as management knowledge to the students. Some of the MBA specializations offered by this university are:
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Strategy and Organisation
Also Read: Study in Singapore without IELTS
Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
NTU was founded in the year 1955 and is considered as one of the best universities in Singapore for MBA and programs like that in Material Science. Ranked 19th in the QS world university rankings 2023, the university has etched its name in providing quality education in various fields. The programs offered by NTU are categorized into research and coursework type. Some courses offered in coursework are in the fields of Arts, Social Science, Design and Media, etc. While in the research type, Chemical, Physical science, etc, form an integral part. The MBA program offered by Nanyang Technological University is of 12 months duration and some of the specializations offered are:
- MBA in Banking and Finance
- MBA in General Management
INSEAD a private business school that was established in the year 1957 and is located in Buona Vista. Known for its MBA and Global Executive MBA, the university has etched its name in providing high-quality management courses. This university offers a wide variety of courses in various dimensions of undergraduate, postgraduate and master’s programs which offers numerous opportunities to the students to explore. The MBA program is 10 months long and is ranked 9th in both QS Global MBA Rankings in 2023. On the other hand, the Global Executive MBA runs for a duration of 17 months and has been consistently ranked among the top 10 programs by Financial Times.
Singapore Management University
Singapore Management University is a private university, incorporated in the year 2000. In QS World Universities Rankings 2023, it is placed between 561-570th rank amongst the other top universities of the world. Counted amongst the best universities in Singapore for MBA, it also offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and specialized programs across disciplines. The MBA program designed by this university is of 1 year which aims at developing valuable skill sets like management and leadership qualities thus producing industry-ready graduates.
ESSEC Business School
ESSEC B-School, which was incorporated in the year 1907 is a popular, multi-branch business school. As per QS Ranking by subject 2022, it is ranked at 22. The MBA program offered by it was placed at 30th rank in the list of QS Global MBA Rankings in 2020. Like many of the universities in Singapore for MBA, the full-time program offered by ESSEC is of 12 months duration. Some of the MBA specializations offered here are listed below:
- MBA in Strategy and Management
- MBA in Luxury Brand Management
- MBA in Strategy and Leadership
To pursue courses in universities and colleges in Singapore, a candidate has to fulfill basic eligibility requirements. Listed below are the major prerequisites required by the universities in Singapore for MBA programs:
- The applicant must have a strong academic record in any undergraduate field from a recognized university or institution.
- A valid English language proficiency test scores like that of IELTS/PTE/TOEFL.
- GMAT/GRE is the exam the candidate has to undertake to study management courses from Singapore universities.
- The candidate must possess 3-4 years of work experience before applying for studying MBA in Singapore.
Note: This is a basic eligibility criteria but it may vary from one university to another.
To apply for an MBA program in Singapore, you will need the following listed documents.
- Financial and Loan documents
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Up-to-Date Resume/CV
- Application form
- Valid Passport
- Academic Transcripts
MBA Scholarships in Singapore
Now that we have talked about the universities, applying for scholarships might be another factor to consider. The table below sheds light on the same.
|Name of Scholarships
|Go Clean Scholarship
|SGD 4,740 (INR 28.8 lakh)
|The Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program
|SGD 1,354 (INR 82 thousand)
|SGD 8,801 (INR 5.3 lakh) per year
|INSEAD Antonio Borges Endowed Scholarship
|SGD 15,281 (INR 9.3 lakh)
|Global Study Awards
|SGD 13,543 (INR 8.2 lakh)
Upon graduation, students can go for the following jobs. We have also mentioned the average salary of the respective job titles.
|SGD 64,834 (INR 39.5 lakh)
|SGD 1,75,058 (INR 1 crore)
|Assistant Brand Manager
|SGD 1,08,720 (INR 66 lakh)
|SGD 1,27,200 (INR 77.4 lakh)
|Assistant Product Manager
|SGD 1,18,320 (INR 72 lakh)
Yes, Singapore is good for MBA. In fact, National University of Singapore (NUS) holds the number 1 position as per QS Global MBA Rankings 2023.
The average cost of MBA in Singapore is 30,000 SGD, or INR 18 lakh.
The salary for MBA freshers in Singapore starts from SGD 51,000 (INR 31 lakh).
So, this was all about the best universities in Singapore for MBA. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.