There is a common misconception that you don’t have to learn any more if you have an Architecture degree. You may start working right away, but there’s no harm in more research. In reality, an MBA after architecture is a great choice, it will not only improve your abilities and skills but also look great on your resume. In this blog, we discuss in detail about pursuing an MBA after architecture.
Must Read: Diploma in Architecture
Why MBA after Architecture?
The training given to students to achieve a Bachelor’s degree helps them learn the art of designing and systematically implementing the construction of any house. At the same time, students understand the structural ability of various buildings and the disparity between their methods of construction. By opting for an MBA after architecture students can expand their experience and develop their existing skills.
Explore: MBA Strategic Management
Benefits of MBA after Architecture
An MBA is a ticket to get you to a top senior managerial position in the business industry. An Architecture degree focuses on learning an academic approach with practical experience limited to projects, while an MBA will teach you how to professionally develop your skills and the main strategies needed to apply the knowledge and skills learnt at the undergraduate level to help in achieving success of your company in the business world. Mentioned below are the benefits of pursuing an MBA after architecture.
- You not only guarantee a transfer to a managerial role, but also gain insight into running your own business when you take an MBA after diploma level courses or undergraduate degrees.
- An MBA will help you enhance your management skills and prepare you for real-world problems adequately.
- It will provide you with a sound business framework that will help you understand business as a whole while helping you develop a holistic approach to the work environment.
- This gives you a competitive advantage and motivates you to scale the corporate ladder. It will help to distinguish you through the abilities and skills you will learn along the way from among your peers.
- An MBA helps to build a desirable career direction. It is proof that not only are the principles of your engineering experience sound but also in areas that have to do with finance, marketing and leadership.
Also Read: MBA After BCom
MBA after Architecture: Specializations
Here is a list of specializations that you can go for after Architecture –
- MBA in Construction Project Management
- MBA in Real Estate and Urban Infrastructure
- MBA in Construction Economics and Quantity Surveying
Also Read:MBA in Project Management
MBA in Construction Project Management
The primary focus of this course of MBA after architecture, is to help you succeed by making you learn unique skills such as management and teamwork in the area of becoming a project manager. The institute will direct you through the different processes involved in leading a team of experts, such as structural engineers, architects, and many others. This MBA programme will provide you with knowledge and skills in the fields of business management, project management, sustainable development and management of construction.
MBA in Real Estate and Urban Infrastructure
The curriculum of this particular course of MBA after architecture establishes a balance between the technological and administrative aspects of the Indian real estate industry. In this course, through subjects such as Business Growth, Real Estate Development, Real Estate Marketing, Real Estate Valuation, and Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Management Finance, you will be introduced to a whole host of learning methodologies.
MBA in Construction Economics and Quantity Surveying
Studying building economics and quantity surveying in an MBA after architecture, can provide you with a large amount of experience in various fields, including company management, financial management, and construction project procurement. With subjects such as Business Planning & Policy, Project Management & Quantity Surveying, Construction Finance, Quantity Survey Data Analytics, Project Support, and Value-Added Activities, the curriculum has a rich mix of technological and managerial competencies.
Top Institutes in India for MBA after Architecture
- KIIT School of Management
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab
- Thiagarajar School of Management
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies
- PES University
- Jaipuria Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology
Top Universities abroad for MBA after Architecture
- The Wharton School
- Stanford University
- INSEAD Singapore
- Harvard Business School
- London Business School
- HEC Paris
Must Read: Harvard MBA 2+2 Program
If you want to go down a path that will broaden your career opportunities, an MBA after architecture is a good option. You need to do extensive research and review the colleges that offer courses mentioned above. This will allow you to choose the type of discipline that you want to follow in the institute that will better serve your needs. For more information or queries related to admission procedure, get in touch with our team of experts at Leverage Edu. Sign up for a free session today!