UCA (University for the Creative Arts) believes that creativity enhances the vibrancy, innovation, and humanity of worldwide societies. UCA, a distinctive, friendly, and exciting University with four campuses in Canterbury, Epsom, Farnham, and Rochester. UCA has been a passionate champion for creative education and research for over 160 years. For Business, Management, and Marketing, the Business School for the Creative Arts is ranked seventh in the UK (Guardian Guide 2021). Let’s explore the MBA course at the University for the Creative Arts!
This Blog Includes:
Overview of MBA Course
A master of business administration (MBA) is a graduate degree in business and investment management that blends theory and practice. An MBA is designed to help graduates have a better understanding of the company’s broad managerial duties. Accounting, finance, marketing, and relationship management are examples of areas where an MBA degree might have a wide emphasis or a tight specialisation. Specialization programmes in sports management, entrepreneurship, the entertainment business, and healthcare administration are increasingly available at several institutions.
MBA programmes often include fundamental disciplines such as accounting, management, finance, marketing, and business law. Any MBA curriculum should include a focus on leadership, planning, corporate strategy, organisational behaviour, and the more human elements of running a large or small business.
MBA Popular Specialisations
Master of Business Administration (MBA) programmes are available at several universities in India and abroad in a variety of specialities. MBA programmes last anywhere from 1 year to 2 years.
- General MBA Programs (Other Degrees, non-MBA, and other subjects)
- Consulting and Strategic Management (Consulting and Strategy)
- Finance / Accounting / Economics (Accounting, Banking, Finance)
- Property Management (Real Estate)
- Arts Management (Arts /Culture, Fashion, Media / Design, Sports Management)
- Investment / Insurance (Investment / Asset Management, Insurance / Risk Management, Finance)
- Supply Chain and Operations Management (Logistics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management)
- Healthcare Management ((Healthcare / Pharma / Biotech)
- Luxury and Retail Management (Food / Wine Business Management, Luxury Brand Management, Retail, and Consumer Goods)
- Marketing Management
- Internal Business Management (Human Resource Administration, Organisational Management, Project Management)
- Education and Government
- Startups and Small Businesses (Entrepreneurship)
- Other Subjects
Why Choose University for the Creative Arts?
- UCA has placed 22nd in the Guardian University Guide 2022 and 69th in the Times University Guide 2022
- In all three main UK league tables, UCA was recognised as the top specialised creative institution, while the Business School for the Creative Arts was ranked seventh in the UK for Business, Management, and Marketing (Guardian Guide 2021)
- UCA Business School offers popular courses – A wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses are available like Advertising, Art, Festivals & Cultural Management, Business & Management, Digital Marketing, Fashion Branding & Communication, Fashion Business Management, Music Business Management, and Global Masters in Business & Management.
- Before beginning their careers, UCA provides significant assistance and counselling to graduating students, working closely with industry leaders to ensure they are equipped for the competitive creative world. Three years of career guidance is provided, and over 97 percent of graduates are employed or pursuing additional education following graduation.
MBA Courses at University for the Creative Arts
The University for the Creative Arts offers only a Full-time MBA programme. Let’s explore the MBA course entry requirements, tuition fee, and much more!
The Master of Business Administration programme is designed to help people who are interested in or currently have a profession in the creative industries advance faster. Students will study the important skills required of individuals in senior positions in companies, as well as be encouraged to pursue entrepreneurship and grow their leadership potential. Seminars, tutorials, workshops, and critiques are all part of the MBA programme, allowing you to build a high level of proficiency in practical, visual, oral, and written expression.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum three years) with a Pass at grade 55% from a recognised university
- Relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at the postgraduate level
- IELTS score a minimum of 6.5 and 5.5 in each band
Tuition fee: The cost of a full-time MBA tuition fee is £18,500 (INR 17.7 Lakhs) per year.
Highlights: Full-time MBA
|Type of Program||Full-Time|
|Entry Requirement||First or second-class honours degree|
|IELTS||6.5 not less than 5.5 in each|
|Tuition Fee||Euro 18,500 (INR 17.7 Lakhs)/ year|
You will need the following documents to complete the application process:
- Academic Transcript(s)
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- A curriculum vitae
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Financial Documents
- Personal portfolio (if asked by the university)
Living Expenses and Accommodation facilities
- All new international students who apply before the primary room allocation, which takes place in mid-June, are assured university housing
- Self-catering single-study bedrooms with shared or en-suite amenities make up the majority of the accommodation
- Accommodations are available on all four of the university’s campuses.
The average cost of living at the university’s campus would be around 8,900 Pounds (approx INR 8.5 Lakhs) per year which includes room rent, food expenses, transportation, and other expenses.
Off-Campus: The cost of living in the UK generally cost around 10 Lakhs to 12 Lakhs per year which varies with cities and individual expenses.
An MBA program is divided into two categories – MBA General and Specialized. The two types of programs are structured to suit the requirements of different managerial roles. There is a huge requirement for graduates as numerous job profiles require professionals with a management background. Some of the major career options for MBA graduates include:
- Managing Consultants
- Human Resource Managers
- Healthcare Management Experts
- Financial Analyst
- Marketing Professionals
- Entrepreneurship Experts
- Information System Experts
- Data Analysts
- Dame Zandra Rhodes RDI (Fashion designer and UCA Chancellor Emerita)
- Gareth Edwards (Award-winning film director)
- William McGregor(Award-winning film and TV director)
- Stephen Webster MBE (Founder of a luxury jewellery brand)
- Tracey Emin (Turner prize nominated artist)
- Arnold Schwartzman (Oscar-winning filmmaker)
- Karen Millen OBE (Fashion designer)
In all three main UK league tables, UCA has been recognised as the top specialised creative institution, while the Business School for the Creative Arts was ranked seventh in the UK for Business, Management, and Marketing (Guardian Guide 2021).
With roughly 6,000 students, UCA is the second-biggest supplier of creative arts education in the UK, offering degrees in architecture, art, design, fashion, media, and performing arts.
With a 71% admission rate, University for the Creative Arts Canterbury Campus is not an extremely selective university. The institution also houses the UK’s first business school, which offers degrees in Creative Business and Industry Management.
According to Payscale’s study, MBA graduates make more than £19k on average in the same job titles as their BBA counterparts and are qualified for more senior leadership roles. In the United Kingdom, BBA graduates earn an average income of £34,729, while MBA graduates earn an average salary of £53,787.
You should definitely think about pursuing the university for the creative arts MBA Course. This article provides you with a complete procedure and details on how to apply to the university. However, choosing the right course and university that runs parallel to your interests is very important. For this, I’m sure you’ll be pleased to take the assistance of an AI-based tool at Leverage Edu that gives you personalised suggestions based on your skills, qualifications and interests.