CBSE decided to reduce the Class 11 syllabus in accordance to the NEP 2020 policy. This happened in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, wherein students and education boards of India tried (as they continue to do so) to stabilise in terms of educational syllabus. The range of syllabus includes the subjects from Chemistry, Biology, Economics, and Mathematics. So to familiarize you with the reduced syllabus and topics, here is a detailed blog on the deleted syllabus of Class 11.
This Blog Includes:
- Review: Recent Updates Due to COVID-19
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Maths
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Physics
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Chemistry
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Biology
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Commerce CBSE
- Class 11 Business Studies
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Accountancy
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 English (Core and Elective)
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Economics
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Computer Science
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Geography
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Political Science
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 History
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Psychology
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Home Science
- Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Sociology
Review: Recent Updates Due to COVID-19
- The entire curriculum was edited and condensed. A few chapters and themes have been removed.
- The whole Class 11 CBSE curriculum has been updated to follow the NCERT model.
- On the myCBSEguide app, you can get all the solutions, regardless of whether you are a math, science, commerce, or art student.
- According to the new CBSE standards, subjects like mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, accounting, economics, English, Hindi, and others have been updated.
- You can check myCBSEguide.com’s news and update section for any updates or notices.
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Maths
Class 11 Maths syllabus is quite extensive to cover and that’s why many topics are reduced or completely deleted by CBSE. Here is the deleted syllabus of Class 11 Maths CBSE:
|Chapters||Deleted Topics of Class 11|
|Sets||– Difference between sets.
– Complement of a set. Properties of Complement
|Relations & Functions||– (up to RXRXR )
– Sum, Difference, product and quotients of functions
|Trigonometric Functions||– General Solutions of trigonometric equations of the type sin y = sin a, cos y = cos a and tan y = tan a.|
|Principle of Mathematical Induction||The entire Chapter is Deleted|
|Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations||– Polar representation of complex numbers.
– Square root of a complex number.
|Permutations and Combinations||– Derivation of formulae for nPr and nCr|
|Binomial Theorem||The entire Chapter is Deleted|
|Sequence and Series||Formulae for these special sums: ∑𝑘, ∑k2, ∑𝑘3|
|Straight Lines||– Shifting of origin.
– Equation of family of lines passing through the point of intersection of two lines.
|Conic sections||– A point, a straight line and a pair of intersecting lines as a degenerate case of a conic section.|
|Mathematical Reasoning||The entire Chapter is Deleted|
|Statistics||– Analysis of frequency distributions with equal means but different variances.|
|Probability||– Axiomatic (set theoretic) probability, connections with other theories of earlier classes|
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Physics
Here is the deleted syllabus of CBSE class 11 Physics :
- Chapter–1: Physical World: Physics-scope and excitement; Nature of physical laws; Physics, technology and Society
- Chapter 3: Motion in a straight line: Frame of reference, Motion in a straight line: Position-time graph, speed and velocity
- Chapter-5 Laws of Motion: Newton’s first law of motion; Intuitive concept of force, Inertia, and momentum and Newton’s second law of motion; impulse; Newton’s third law of motion
- Chapter-7 System of Particles and Rotational Motion: Statement of parallel and perpendicular axes theorems and their applications.
- Chapter-8 Gravitation: Acceleration due to gravity, Kepler’s laws of planetary motion
- Chapter-9 Mechanical Properties of Solids: Shear modulus of rigidity, elastic behaviour, Poisson’s ratio; elastic energy.
- Chapter-11 Thermal Properties of Matter: Heat, temperature, Heat transfer-conduction, convection and radiation
- Chapter-12 Thermodynamics: Heat engine and refrigerator.
- Chapter-15 Waves: Fundamental mode and harmonics, Doppler effects
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Chemistry
There are several class 11 chemistry deleted syllabi. Here is the deleted syllabus of Class 11 Chemistry CBSE:
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry: Nature of matter, laws of chemical combination, Dalton’s atomic theory: the concept of elements, atoms and molecules
- Structure of Atom: Thomson’s model and its limitations, Rutherford’s model and its limitations and the Discovery of electrons, Proton and Neutron, atomic number, isotopes and isobars.
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties: Significance of classification, a brief history of the development of periodic table
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids: Liquid State – vapour pressure, viscosity and surface tension (qualitative idea only, no mathematical derivations), liquefaction of gases, critical temperature, kinetic energy and molecular speeds (elementary idea),
- Chemical Thermodynamics: Heat capacity and specific heat capacity, Criteria for equilibrium
- Equilibrium: Hydrolysis of salts (elementary idea), Henderson Equation
- Redox Reactions: Applications of redox reactions
- Hydrogen: Preparation, properties and uses of hydrogen, hydrogen peroxide – preparation, reactions and structure and use;
- s-Block Elements: Calcium Oxide and Calcium Carbonate and their industrial uses, biological importance of Magnesium and Calcium. Preparation and Properties of Some Important Compounds – Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate, Biological Importance of Sodium and Potassium.
- Some p-Block Elements: Some important compounds: Borax, Boric acid, Boron Hydrides, Aluminium: Reactions with acids and alkalis, uses. Carbon: uses some important compounds: oxides. Important compounds of Silicon and a few uses: Silicon Tetrachloride, Silicones, Silicates and Zeolites, their uses.
- Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques: Methods of Purification, qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Hydrocarbons: Free radical mechanism of halogenation, combustion and pyrolysis.
- Environmental Chemistry: Entire chapter is deleted.
Don’t Miss Chemistry Projects for Class 11
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Biology
For the Class 11 Science stream, the biology syllabus has also been reduced. Here is the deleted syllabus of Class 11 Biology CBSE:
Unit I: Diversity of Living Organisms
- Chapter-1: The Living World: Taxonomy and systematics; tools for the study of taxonomy- museums, zoological parks, herbaria, botanical gardens, keys for identification.
- Chapter-3: Plant Kingdom: Angiosperms; Angiosperms – classification up to class, characteristic features and examples.
Unit-II Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Chapter-5: Morphology of Flowering Plants: Morphology and modifications: Morphology of different parts of flowering plants: root, stem, leaf, fruit and seed. Description of Families: – Fabaceae
- Chapter 6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants: Anatomy and functions of different tissues and tissue systems in dicots and monocots. Secondary growth.
- Chapter-7: Structural Organisation in Animals: Morphology, Anatomy and functions of different systems (digestive, circulatory, respiratory, nervous and reproductive) of an insect (cockroach), (a brief account only).
Unit-IV Plant Physiology
- Chapter-11: Transport in Plants: Movement of water, gases and nutrients; cell-to-cell transport, diffusion, facilitated diffusion, active transport; plant-water relations, imbibition, water potential, osmosis, plasmolysis; long-distance transport of water – Absorption, apoplast, symplast, transpiration pull, root pressure and guttation; transpiration, opening and closing of stomata; Uptake and translocation of mineral nutrients – Transport of food, phloem transport, mass flow hypothesis.
- Chapter-12: Mineral Nutrition: Essential minerals, macro-and micronutrients and their role; Deficiency symptoms; Mineral toxicity; Elementary idea of hydroponics as a method to study mineral nutrition; nitrogen metabolism, nitrogen cycle, biological nitrogen fixation.
- Chapter 15: Plant – Growth and Development: Seed germination; phases of plant growth and plant growth rate; conditions of growth; differentiation, dedifferentiation and redifferentiation; Sequence of developmental processes in a plant cell; Seed dormancy; vernalisation; photoperiodism
Unit-V Human Physiology
- Chapter-16: Digestion and Absorption: Alimentary canal and digestive glands, the role of digestive enzymes and gastrointestinal hormones; Peristalsis, digestion, absorption and assimilation of proteins, carbohydrates and fats; calorific values of proteins, carbohydrates and fats; egestion; nutritional and digestive disorders – PEM, indigestion, constipation, vomiting, jaundice, diarrhoea.
- Chapter-20: Locomotion and Movement: Types of movement – ciliary, flagellar, muscular; Skeletal system and its functions; joints; disorders of muscular and skeletal systems – myasthenia gravis, tetany, muscular dystrophy, arthritis, osteoporosis, gout.
- Chapter-21: Neural Control and Coordination: Reflex action; sensory perception; sense organs;Elementary structure and functions of eye and ear
Must Read: Biology Project for Class 11
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Commerce CBSE
Let’s go through different subjects that come under Class 11 commerce and their deleted syllabus.
Class 11 Business Studies
Take a look at the deleted syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Business Studies:
Part A: Foundation of Business
- Unit 2: Forms of Business Organizations: Choice of the form of business organization
- Unit 3: Public, Private and Global Enterprises: Global Enterprises – Feature. Joint ventures, Public-private partnership – concept
- Unit 4: Business Services: Postal Service – Mail, Registered Post, Parcel, Speed Post, Courier – meaning
- Unit 5: Emerging Modes of Business: Business Process Outsourcing (BPO): Concept, need and scope
- Unit 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics: Business Ethics – Concept and Elements
Part B: Finance and Trade
- Unit 7: Sources of Business Finance: Borrowed funds: Inter Corporate Deposits (ICD) – Concept
- Unit 9: Internal Trade: Types of retail-trade-Itinerant and small-scale fixed shops retailers; GST (Goods and Services Tax): Concept
- Unit 10: International Trade: Export trade – Meaning and procedure; Import Trade – Meaning and procedure; Documents involved in International Trade: indent, letter of credit, shipping order, shipping bills, mate’s receipt (DA/DP); World Trade Organization (WTO) meaning and objectives
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Accountancy
Stated below is the deleted syllabus of class 11 under the subject of Accountancy:
Part A: Financial Accounting – I
Unit-2: Accounting Process
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Bank Reconciliation Statement with Adjusted Cash Book
- Accounting for Bills of Exchange
- Retirement of bill
- Renewal of bill
Part B: Financial Accounting – II
Unit 3: Financial Statements of Sole Proprietorship
- Incomplete Records
- Difference between accounts from incomplete records and Statement of Affairs
- Preparation of Trading, Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet.
Unit 4: Computers in Accounting
- Introduction to operating software, utility software and application software. Introduction to accounting information system (AIS) as a part of Management Information System.
- Stages in automation:
- (a) Accounting process in a computerised environment; comparison between manual accounting process and computerised accounting process,
- (b) Sourcing of accounting software; kinds of software: readymade software; customised software and tailor-made software; generic considerations before sourcing accounting software
- (c) creation of account groups and hierarchy
- (d) generation of reports – trial balance, profit and loss account and balance sheet
Check Out: Class 11 Accountancy NCERT Solutions
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 English (Core and Elective)
English is a common subject in all streams of Class 11. Here we have listed the deleted syllabus of CBSE Class 11 English:
- Classified Advertisements,
- Letters to the editor (giving suggestions/opinions on an issue) Provide realistic context in the form of a newspaper report/article to which the students may respond.
- Application for a job with a bio-data or résumé
- Article Writing & Report Writing
- Narrative Grammar
- Change of Voice
- Error Correction
- Editing Task
- Cloze Passages
- Father To Son
- The Adventure Snapshots
- The Ghat of the Only World
- The Tale of Melon City
|Literature||-Glory of Twilight
-Feeling of The Banyan Tree
-Ajamil and The Tigers
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Economics
Part A: Statistics for Economics
- Measures of Dispersion – (range, quartile deviation, mean deviation and); (coefficient of range, coefficient of quartile-deviation, co-efficient of mean deviation
- Correlation –Spearman’s rank correlation
- Index Numbers – index of industrial production
Part B: Introductory Microeconomics
Unit 4: Introduction to Microeconomics
- Concepts of production possibility frontier
Unit 6: Producer Behaviour and Supply
- Producer’s equilibrium meaning and its conditions in terms of marginal revenue-marginal cost.
- Other Market Forms: monopoly, monopolistic competition – their meaning and feature
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Computer Science
Here is the deleted syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Computer Science:
Unit I: Computer Systems and Organisation
- Encoding Schemes: UTF8, UTF32
- Concept of cloud computing and cloud services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS), cloud (public/private), Blockchain technology
Unit II: Computational Thinking and Programming – 1
- Decomposition – concept, need for decomposing a problem, examples of problem-solving using decomposition.
- Sorting algorithm: bubble and insertion sort; count the number of operations while sorting.
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Geography
Now coming to the Class 11 Arts reduced syllabus, let’s first take a look at the Class 11 Geography syllabus:
|Book I – Fundamentals of Physical Geography||-Unit II – Chapter 2 – The Origin and Evolution of the Earth
-Unit III – Chapter 7 – Landforms and their Evolution
-Unit IV -Chapter 10 – Atmospheric Circulation and Weather Systems
-Unit IV -Chapter 10 – Atmospheric Circulation and Weather Systems
-Unit V -Chapter 12 – World Climate and Climate Change
-Chapter 13 – Water (Oceans)
|Book II – India Physical Environment||-Unit II – Chapter 2 – Structure and Physiography
-Unit III – Chapter 4 – Climate
-Unit IV – Chapter 7 – Natural Hazards and Disasters
|Practical Geography Part I||-Chapter 4 – Map Projections
-Chapter 5 – Topographical Maps
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Political Science
Here is the reduced syllabus for CBSE Class 11 Political Science:
|Book I: Indian Constitution at Work||-Federalism (Completely Deleted)
-Local Governments (These topics are deleted from this unit: Why do we need Local Governments? Growth of Local Government in India.)
|Book II: Political Theory||-Citizenship (Completely Deleted)
-Nationalism (Completely Deleted)
-Secularism (Completely Deleted)
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 History
Take a look at the deleted syllabus of the Class 11 History syllabus:
|Early Societies||Theme-1||Complete Chapter|
|Nomadic Empires||Theme-5||Complete Chapter|
|Confrontation of Cultures||Theme-8||Complete Chapter|
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Psychology
Psychology is an optional subject available to students across streams. It is taken up by students from the humanities and science streams. Here we have listed the deleted syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Psychology:
- Chapter 5 Sensory, Attentional & Perceptual Processes-
- Visual Sensation: 87 to 91
- Auditory Sensation: 91 to 93
- Chapter 6 Learning: Concept of Learning, Learning Styles, Transfer of Learning and Application of Learning Principles
- Chapter 7 Memory: Knowledge Representation and Organisation in Memory
- Chapter 8 Thinking: Complete Chapter
- Chapter 9 Motivation and Emotion: Complete Chapter
- Experiment & Project
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Biotechnology
Below are the portions of the CBSE 11th Biotechnology Syllabus that have been removed. CBSE 11th Biotechnology Syllabus has been reduced by 30% by the board.
Unit 1: Biotechnology: An Overview
- Chapter 1: Biotechnology: An Overview: Public Perception of Biotechnology, Biotechnology in India and global trends
Unit 2: Molecules of Life
- Chapter 1: Biomolecules – Building Blocks: Sphingosine, Biochemical Transformations
Unit 3: Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Chapter 1: Concepts of Genetics: Genetics Interaction, Sex-Linked Inheritance, Extranuclear Inheritance, Quantitative Inheritance, Genes at the Population Level
- Chapter 2: Genes and Genomes: Structure and Function, Regulation of Gene Expression, DNA Repair, Genome Organization
Unit 4: Cells and Organisms
- Chapter 1: The Basic Unit of Life: Tissue and Organs, Stem Cells, Biodiversity
- Chapter 2: Cell Growth and Development: Gaseous Exchange, Internal Transport, Maintaining the Internal Environment, Invitro Fertilization, Animal and Plant, Development, Programmed Cell Death, Defense Mechanisms in Plants
- Recording practical results and safety rules in the laboratory
- Determination of bacterial growth curve
- Isolation of milk protein
- Study of various stages of mitosis and calculation of the mitotic index
- Preparation of karyotype
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Home Science
Here’s a list of deleted portions of the Class 11 Home Science syllabus:
- Unit II: Understanding Oneself: Adolescence – Effective Communication Skills
- Unit III: Understanding Family, community and Society – Relationships and Interactions with “Significant Others”
- Unit IV: Childhood – Care and Education
- Unit V: Adulthood – Perspective in Communication, Individual Responsibilities and Rights
Deleted Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Sociology
Mentioned below are the deleted topics of Sociology:
- Book – Introducing Sociology: Doing Sociology: Research Methods
- Book – Understanding Society: Social Structure, Stratification, and Social Processes in Society; Environment and Society
Deleted topics from Class 11 Physics are Heat, temperature, Heat transfer-conduction, convection and radiation, Heat engine, and refrigerator.
The CBSE class 11 syllabus is reduced for the session 2022-23. The board has given the list of deleted topics in the CBSE syllabus for class 11 Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Accountancy, Business Studies, History, Geography and other subjects.
Yes, you can easily repeat the 11th standard by changing the stream.
Thus, we hope that through this blog on the deleted syllabus of class 11, we have helped you in getting an idea about what is eliminated from the curriculum. Confused about finding the best course after Class 12? Get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu and we will help you find the best course and university abroad as per your interests and aspirations. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.