CBSE decided to reduce the Class 11 syllabus for 2020-21 to help students perform better in exams through online classes. All three streams in Class 11 have a reduced syllabus for CBSE 2020-21 session. To familiarize you with the reduced syllabus and topics, here is a detailed blog on the deleted syllabus of Class 11 CBSE 2020-21.
This Blog Includes:
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Maths
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Physics
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Chemistry
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Biology
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Commerce CBSE 2020-21
- Class 11 Business Studies
- Class 11 Accountancy
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 English (Core and Elective)
- Class 11 Economics
- Class 11 Computer Science
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Geography
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Political Science
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 History
- Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Psychology
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Maths
Class 11 Maths syllabus is quite extensive to cover and that’s why many topics are reduced or completely deleted by CBSE. Here is the deleted syllabus of Class 11 Maths CBSE 2020-21
|Chapters||Deleted Topics of Class 11|
|Sets||– Difference between sets.
– Complement of a set. Properties of Complement
|Relations & Functions||– (up to RXRXR )
– Sum, Difference, product and quotients of functions
|Trigonometric Functions||– General Solutions of trigonometric equations of the type sin y = sin a, cos y = cos a and tan y = tan a.|
|Principle of Mathematical Induction||Entire Chapter is Deleted|
|Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations||– Polar representation of complex numbers.
– Square root of a complex number.
|Permutations and Combinations||– Derivation of formulae for nPr and nCr|
|Binomial Theorem||Entire Chapter is Deleted|
|Sequence and Series|
|Straight Lines||– Shifting of origin.
– Equation of family of lines passing through the point of intersection of two lines.
|Conic sections||– A point, a straight line and a pair of intersecting lines as a degenerate case of a conic section.|
|Mathematical Reasoning||Entire Chapter is Deleted|
|Statistics||– Analysis of frequency distributions with equal means but different variances.|
|Probability||– Axiomatic (set theoretic) probability, connections with other theories of earlier classes|
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Physics
Here is the deleted syllabus of CBSE class 11 Physics 2020-21:
- Chapter–1: Physical World: Physics-scope and excitement; nature of physical laws; Physics, technology and society
- Chapter-3: Motion in a straight line: Frame of reference, Motion in a straight line: Position-time graph, speed and velocity
- Chapter-5 Laws of Motion: Newton’s first law of motion; Intuitive concept of force, Inertia, momentum and Newton’s second law of motion; impulse; Newton’s third law of motion
- Chapter-7 System of Particles and Rotational Motion: Statement of parallel and perpendicular axes theorems and their applications.
- Chapter-8 Gravitation: Acceleration due to gravity, Kepler’s laws of planetary motion
- Chapter-9 Mechanical Properties of Solids: Shear modulus of rigidity, elastic behaviour, Poisson’s ratio; elastic energy.
- Chapter-11 Thermal Properties of Matter: Heat, temperature, Heat transfer-conduction, convection and radiation
- Chapter-12 Thermodynamics: Heat engine and refrigerator.
- Chapter-15 Waves: Fundamental mode and harmonics, Doppler effects
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Chemistry
There are several chapters in CBSE Class 11 Chemistry syllabus that have been reduced/deleted. Here is the deleted syllabus of Class 11 Chemistry CBSE 2020-21:
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry: Nature of matter, laws of chemical combination, Dalton’s atomic theory: concept of elements, atoms and molecules
- Structure of Atom: Thomson’s model and its limitations, Rutherford’s model and its limitations and Discovery of Electron, Proton and Neutron, atomic number, isotopes and isobars.
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties: Significance of classification, brief history of the development of periodic table
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids: Liquid State- vapour pressure, viscosity and surface tension (qualitative idea only, no mathematical derivations), liquefaction of gases, critical temperature, kinetic energy and molecular speeds (elementary idea),
- Chemical Thermodynamics: Heat capacity and specific heat capacity, Criteria for equilibrium
- Equilibrium: Hydrolysis of salts (elementary idea), Henderson Equation
- Redox Reactions: Applications of redox reactions
- Hydrogen: Preparation, properties and uses of hydrogen, hydrogen peroxide – preparation, reactions and structure and use;
- s-Block Elements: Calcium Oxide and Calcium Carbonate and their industrial uses, biological importance of Magnesium and Calcium. Preparation and Properties of Some Important Compounds: Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydrogen carbonate, Biological importance of Sodium and Potassium.
- Some p-Block Elements: Some important compounds: Borax, Boric acid, Boron Hydrides, Aluminium: Reactions with acids and alkalis, uses. Carbon: uses of some important compounds: oxides. Important compounds of Silicon and a few uses: Silicon Tetrachloride, Silicones, Silicates and Zeolites, their uses.
- Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques: Methods of purification, qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Hydrocarbons: Free radical mechanism of halogenation, combustion and pyrolysis.
- Environmental Chemistry: Entire chapter is deleted.
Don’t Miss Chemistry Projects for Class 11
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Biology
For Class 11 Science stream, the biology syllabus has also been reduced. Here is the deleted syllabus of Class 11 Biology CBSE 2020-21:
Class 11 Biology Unit I: Diversity of Living Organisms
- Chapter-1: The Living World: Taxonomy and systematics; tools for study of taxonomy- museums, zoological parks, herbaria, botanical gardens, keys for identification.
- Chapter-3: Plant Kingdom: Angiosperms; Angiosperms – classification up to class, characteristic features and examples.
Class 11 Biology Unit-II Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Chapter-5: Morphology of Flowering Plants: Morphology and modifications: Morphology of different parts of flowering plants: root, stem, leaf, fruit and seed. Description of families: – Fabaceae
- Chapter-6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants: Anatomy and functions of different tissues and tissue systems in dicots and monocots. Secondary growth.
- Chapter-7: Structural Organisation in Animals: Morphology, Anatomy and functions of different systems (digestive, circulatory, respiratory, nervous and reproductive) of an insect (cockroach), (a brief account only).
Unit-IV Plant Physiology
- Chapter-11: Transport in Plants: Movement of water, gases and nutrients; cell to cell transport, diffusion, facilitated diffusion, active transport; plant-water relations, imbibition, water potential, osmosis, plasmolysis; long-distance transport of water – Absorption, apoplast, symplast, transpiration pull, root pressure and guttation; transpiration, opening and closing of stomata; Uptake and translocation of mineral nutrients – Transport of food, phloem transport, mass flow hypothesis.
- Chapter-12: Mineral Nutrition: Essential minerals, macro-and micronutrients and their role; Deficiency symptoms; Mineral toxicity; Elementary idea of hydroponics as a method to study mineral nutrition; nitrogen metabolism, nitrogen cycle, biological nitrogen fixation.
- Chapter-15: Plant – Growth and Development: Seed germination; phases of plant growth and plant growth rate; conditions of growth; differentiation, dedifferentiation and redifferentiation; Sequence of developmental processes in a plant cell; Seed dormancy; vernalisation; photoperiodism
Unit-V Human Physiology
- Chapter-16: Digestion and Absorption: Alimentary canal and digestive glands, role of digestive enzymes and gastrointestinal hormones; Peristalsis, digestion, absorption and assimilation of proteins, carbohydrates and fats; calorific values of proteins, carbohydrates and fats; egestion; nutritional and digestive disorders – PEM, indigestion, constipation, vomiting, jaundice, diarrhoea.
- Chapter-20: Locomotion and Movement: Types of movement – ciliary, flagellar, muscular; Skeletal system and its functions; joints; disorders of muscular and skeletal systems – myasthenia gravis, tetany, muscular dystrophy, arthritis, osteoporosis, gout.
- Chapter-21: Neural Control and Coordination: Reflex action; sensory perception; sense organs; elementary structure and functions of eye and ear
Must Read: Biology Project for Class 11
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Commerce CBSE 2020-21
Class 11 Business Studies
Take a look at the deleted syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Business Studies 2020-21:
Part A: Foundation of Business
- Unit 2: Forms of Business Organizations: Choice of the form of business organization
- Unit 3: Public, Private and Global Enterprises: Global Enterprises – Feature. Joint ventures, Public private partnership – concept
- Unit 4: Business Services: Postal Service – Mail, Registered Post, Parcel, Speed Post, Courier – meaning
- Unit 5: Emerging Modes of Business: Business Process Outsourcing (BPO): Concept, need and scope
- Unit 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics: Business Ethics – Concept and Elements
Part B: Finance and Trade
- Unit 7: Sources of Business Finance: Borrowed funds: Inter Corporate Deposits (ICD) – Concept
- Unit 9: Internal Trade: Types of retail-trade-Itinerant and small scale fixed shops retailers; GST (Goods and Services Tax): Concept
- Unit 10: International Trade: Export trade – Meaning and procedure; Import Trade – Meaning and procedure; Documents involved in International Trade: indent, letter of credit, shipping order, shipping bills, mate’s receipt (DA/DP); World Trade Organization (WTO) meaning and objectives
Class 11 Accountancy
Stated below is the deleted syllabus of class 11 under the subject of Accountancy-
Part A: Financial Accounting – I
Unit-2: Accounting Process
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Bank Reconciliation Statement with Adjusted Cash Book
- Accounting for Bills of Exchange
- Retirement of bill
- Renewal of bill
Part B: Financial Accounting – II
Unit 3: Financial Statements of Sole Proprietorship
- Incomplete Records
- Difference between accounts from incomplete records and Statement of Affairs
- Preparation of Trading, Profit and Loss account and Balance Sheet.
Unit 4: Computers in Accounting
- Introduction to operating software, utility software and application software. Introduction to accounting information system (AIS) as a part of Management Information System.
- Stages in automation:
- (a) Accounting process in a computerised environment; comparison between manual accounting process and computerised accounting process,
- (b) Sourcing of accounting software; kinds of software: readymade software; customised software and tailor-made software; generic considerations before sourcing accounting software
- (c) creation of account groups and hierarchy
- (d) generation of reports – trial balance, profit and loss account and balance sheet
Check Out: Class 11 Accountancy NCERT Solutions
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 English (Core and Elective)
English is a common subject in all streams of Class 11. Here we have listed the deleted syllabus of CBSE Class 11 English 2020-21:
- Classified Advertisements,
- Letters to the editor (giving suggestions/opinions on an issue) Provide realistic context in the form of newspaper report/article to which the students may respond.
- Application for a job with a bio-data or résumé
- Article Writing & Report Writing
- Narrative Grammar
- Change of Voice
- Error Correction
- Editing Task
- Cloze Passages
- Father To Son
- The Adventure Snapshots
- The Ghat of the Only World
- The Tale of Melon City
|Literature||-Glory of Twilight
-Feeling of The Banyan Tree
-Ajamil and The Tigers
Class 11 Economics
Economics is included in both Class 11 Commerce and Arts stream. Here is the deleted syllabus for CBSE Class 11 Economics 2020-21:
Part A: Statistics for Economics
- Measures of Dispersion – (range, quartile deviation, mean deviation and); (coefficient of range, coefficient of quartile-deviation, co- efficient of mean deviation
- Correlation –Spearman’s rank correlation
- Index Numbers – index of industrial production
Part B: Introductory Microeconomics
Unit 4: Introduction to Microeconomics
- Concepts of production possibility frontier
Unit 6: Producer Behaviour and Supply
- Producer’s equilibrium-meaning and its conditions in terms of marginal revenue-marginal cost.
- Other Market Forms: monopoly, monopolistic competition – their meaning and feature
Class 11 Computer Science
Here is the deleted syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Computer Science 2020-21:
Unit I: Computer Systems and Organisation
- Encoding Schemes : UTF8, UTF32
- Concept of cloud computing and cloud services (SaaS,IaaS,PaaS), cloud (public/private), Blockchain technology
Unit II: Computational Thinking and Programming – 1
- Decomposition – concept, need for decomposing a problem, examples of problem-solving using decomposition.
- Sorting algorithm: bubble and insertion sort; count the number of operations while sorting.
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Geography
Now coming to Class 11 Arts reduced syllabus, let’s first take a look at the Class 11 Geography syllabus:
|Book I – Fundamentals of Physical Geography||-Unit II – Chapter 2 – The Origin and Evolution of the Earth
-Unit III – Chapter 7 – Landforms and their Evolution
-Unit IV -Chapter 10 – Atmospheric Circulation and Weather Systems
-Unit IV -Chapter 10 – Atmospheric Circulation and Weather Systems
-Unit V -Chapter 12 – World Climate and Climate Change
-Chapter 13 – Water (Oceans)
|Book II – India Physical Environment||-Unit II – Chapter 2 – Structure and Physiography
-Unit III – Chapter 4 – Climate
-Unit IV – Chapter 7 – Natural Hazards and Disasters
|Practical Geography Part I||-Chapter 4 – Map Projections
-Chapter 5 – Topographical Maps
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Political Science
Here is the reduced syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Political Science:
|Book I: Indian Constitution at Work||-Federalism (Completely Deleted)
-Local Governments (These topics are deleted from this unit: Why do we need Local Governments? Growth of Local Government in India.)
|Book II: Political Theory||-Citizenship (Completely Deleted)
-Nationalism (Completely Deleted)
-Secularism (Completely Deleted)
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 History
Take a look at the deleted syllabus of Class 11 History syllabus:
|Early Societies||Theme-1||Complete Chapter|
|Nomadic Empires||Theme-5||Complete Chapter|
|Confrontation of Cultures||Theme-8||Complete Chapter|
Deleted Syllabus of Class 11 Psychology
Psychology is an optional subject available to students across streams. It is taken up by students from the humanities and science streams. Here we have listed the deleted syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Psychology 2020-21:
- Chapter 5 Sensory, Attentional & Perceptual Processes-
- Visual Sensation: 87 to 91
- Auditory Sensation: 91 to 93
- Chapter 6 Learning: Concept of Learning, Learning Styles, Transfer of Learning and Application of Learning Principles
- Chapter 7 Memory: Knowledge Representation and Organisation in Memory
- Chapter 8 Thinking: Complete Chapter
- Chapter 9 Motivation and Emotion: Complete Chapter
- Experiment & Project
Thus, we hope that through this blog on the deleted syllabus of class 11, we have helped you in getting an idea about what all is eliminated from the curriculum. Confused about finding the best course after Class 12? Get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu and we will help you find the best course and university as per your interests and aspirations.