Education is deemed a fundamental right of every individual. But financial restraints can obstruct your academic journey and that’s why Government of India avails plentiful scholarship schemes for students belonging to unprivileged sections of the society. The Department of Collegiate Education (DCE), Government of Kerala offers several scholarships under DCE scholarship scheme with an aim to provide educational opportunities to different sections of the society. The DCE scholarship assemblage also provides financial assistance to a number of meritorious students in need. Here is a blog elaborating the key details of DCE Scholarship as well as the eligibility criteria and important dates you need to keep in mind before applying for this scheme.
This Blog Includes:
- List of DCE Scholarships
- List of DCE Scholarships & Application Deadlines 2022
- Application Process
- DCE Scholarship Eligibility
- DCE Scholarship: Rewards
- How to Apply for DCE Scholarship?
- Documents Required
- DCE Scholarship Candidate Login
- DCE Scholarship Awarded Students List
- Renewal Process
- DCE Scholarship Contact Number
|Name of the Board||Department of Collegiate Education Government of Kerala|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|No, of Scholarships offered||14|
Our Top Read: Exams for Study Abroad with Scholarship
List of DCE Scholarships
Here are all the DCE Scholarships offered to students in 2022:
- Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE)
- Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)
- Muslim Nadar Girls Scholarship
- Blind/PH Scholarship
- District Merit Scholarship 2021 (DMS)
- State Merit Scholarship
- Hindi Scholarship (HS)
- Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) for Minorities
- Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS)
- ITC Fee Reimbursement Scholarship
- Central Sector Scholarship (CSS)
- APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK)
- C H Muhammedkoya Scholarship
- Mother Teresa Scholarship (MTS)
- Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Award (PJMS)
- CA/ICWA/CS Scholarship (IWCS)
List of DCE Scholarships & Application Deadlines 2022
|Scholarship Name||Start and end on|
|ITC Fee Reimbursement Scholarship, Kerala||Between November and December|
|C H Muhammedkoya Scholarship, Kerala||Between September and November|
|APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK), Kerala||Between August and November|
|Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Award (PJMS), Kerala||Between September and November|
|Mother Teresa Scholarship (MTS), Kerala||Between January and February|
|CA/ICWA/CS Scholarship (IWCS), Kerala||Between August and October|
|District Merit Scholarship (DMS), Kerala||Between October and December|
|State Merit Scholarship, Kerala||Between October and December|
|Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE), Kerala||Between October and December|
|Muslim Nadar Girls Scholarship, Kerala||Between October and December|
|Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS), Kerala||Between October and December|
|Blind/PH Scholarship, Kerala||Between October and December|
|Hindi Scholarship (HS), Kerala||Between October and December|
|Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS), Kerala||Between October and December|
|Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) for Minorities, Kerala||Between July and October|
|Central Sector Scholarship (CSS), Kerala||Between August and October|
In order to apply for the scholarship, you need to follow this process:
- First, register on your respective scholarship portal
- Enter a valid login ID and password and then enter the basic details to register on your portal
- Enter the details of your educational board and personal details
- Next, read through the guidelines that have been provided by the DCE Scholarships
- Next, select your scholarship type and enter the required details
- Once completed, recheck all the details you have entered on your application form
- Finally, submit the application and take a print out of the application for further usage
DCE Scholarship Eligibility
There are multiple scholarship sub-schemes that constitute the DCE scholarship, all of which have been designed with the consideration of the needs of different sections of the society. These sub-schemes carry varied eligibility criteria. You can visit the official DCE scholarship website to get a detailed version.
Here is a comprehensive summary of the relevant eligibility conditions for each scholarship scheme.
|Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE)||Must be studying Sanskrit as one of the subjects in a UG or PG course.|
|Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)||Must be a student of a Govt. Music/Fine Arts College.|
|Muslim Nadar Girls Scholarship||1. Open only for girl students belonging to a BPL family and backward community.
2. Must be enrolled in HSC/VHSC or UG course in a Govt or Aided Arts and Science college.
|Blind/PH Scholarship||1. Only blind/physically handicapped/deaf students are eligible.
2. Must be enrolled in a Govt/Aided Arts and Science College or Music College or Govt/Aided Higher Secondary/Vocational Higher Secondary School.
|District Merit Scholarship 2022 (DMS)||1. Must be a student of Higher Secondary/VHSC/ ITI/ Polytechnic course.
2. Must have secured an ‘A+’ grade in all subjects in the SSLC Examination conducted by the Board of Public Examination, Kerala.
|State Merit Scholarship||1. Must be a first-year student of UG or PG course from a govt/ aided institution.
2. Must have secured at least 50% in the qualifying examination.
3. Annual Family Income: Less than INR 1 lakhs
|Hindi Scholarship (HS)||. Must be studying Hindi as one of the subjects ina UG or PG course.|
|Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) for Minorities||1. Must be a first-year student of 11th/12th/UG/PG/PhD from a govt/ aided/recognised unaided institution.
2. First-year students of Technical/Professional course of NCVT affiliated ITI/ITC centres are also eligible.
3. Annual Family Income: Less than INR 2 lakhs
4. Must belong to Muslim, Christianity, Sikh, Parsi, Jain or Buddhist community
5. Must have secured at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
|Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS)||1. Open only to those belonging to the BPL family
2. Must be a first-year student of a UG/PG course in either Govt/Aided institution
3. Must have secured at least 50% in the qualifying examination
|ITC Fee Reimbursement Scholarship||1. The scholarship is open to students from minority community including Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Parsi, Sikh, Buddhist and Jain
2. Must be pursuing an ITI Course3. Family annual income should be less than 8LPA
|Central Sector Scholarship (CSS)||1. For those students who have secured more than80 percentile in standard 12th.
2. Must be a student of a regular UG or PG course fromAICTE/UGC/MCI/DCI/other affiliated institutions/colleges.
3. Annual Family Income: Less than INR 8 lakhs
|APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK)||1. The scholarship is open to students from minority community including Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Parsi, Sikh, Buddhist and Jain.
2. Must be a polytechnic course in a merit seat in a government/aided college
3. Family annual income should be less than 8LPA
|C H Muhammedkoya Scholarship||1. Open to girl students who belong to Muslim, Latin or Christian communities
2. Must be pursuing graduation or above
3. percentage of marks in the last qualifying exam should be 50%
4. Annual family income less than INR 8 LPA
|Mother Teresa Scholarship (MTS)||1. The scholarship is open to students from minority community including Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Parsi, Sikh, Buddhist and Jain.
2. Must be pursuing a diploma/ paramedical courses3. Family annual income should be less than 8LPA
|Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Award (PJMS)||1. The scholarship is open to students from minority community including Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Parsi, Sikh, Buddhist and Jain.
2. Must be pursuing 10th/ 12th/ VHSE3. Family annual income should be less than 8LPA
|CA/ICWA/CS Scholarship (IWCS)||1. The scholarship is open to students from minority community including Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Parsi, Sikh, Buddhist and Jain.
2. percentage of marks in the last qualifying exam should be 60%3. Family annual income should be less than 8LPA
DCE Scholarship: Rewards
The benefits provided to students under the sub-schemes of the DCE Scholarship have been summarised below.
|Name of Scholarship
under DCE Scholarship Scheme
|Post-Matric Scholarship for
|1. Admission and tuition/course fee of
a maximum of INR 10,000 p.a.
2. Maintenance Allowance: INR 1,200/month
|Central Sector Scholarship
|1. At UG level: INR 10,000 p.a. for starting
three years and INR 20,000/annum for
4th and 5th year in case of
a 5-year integrated course.
2. At PG level: INR 20,000 p.a.
|State Merit Scholarship (SMS)||At UG level: INR 1,250 p.a.
At PG level: INR 1,500 p.a.
|District Merit Scholarship
|INR 1,250 p.a.|
|Merit Scholarship to
the Children of School Teachers
|At 11th level: INR 50 p.a.|
|Hindi Scholarship(HS)||At UG level: INR 550 p.a.
At PG level: INR 1,000 p.a.
|Muslim Nadar Scholarship (MNS)||INR 125 p.a.|
|Sanskrit Scholarship (SS)||At UG level: INR 200 p.a.
At PG level: INR 200 p.a.
|Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship
|INR 10,000 p.a.|
|Blind/PH Scholarship (BPHFC)||For Blind students: Fee support
if annual family income is less than
INR 2.5 lakhs p.a.
For PH hostellers: Hostel charge support
For PH day-scholars: Boarding fee support
|Music Fine Arts Scholarship (MFAS)||INR 1,500 p.a.|
|ASPIRE Scholarship (ASPR)||INR 8,000/month*|
|UG course: INR 5,000 p.a.
PG course: INR 6,000 p.a.
Professional course: INR 7,000 p.a.
Hostel stipend: INR 13,000 p.a.
*latest information is unavailable on the official website.
How to Apply for DCE Scholarship?
There are two main portals by the Kerala government, i.e. the department of collegiate education and minority welfare scholarship portal where you can apply for DCE Scholarships or you can just head to the official website of the scholarship and choose from the list to apply for a scholarship there.
DCE Scholarship Portal
Here are the important documents that you must have before applying for the scholarship or the renewal of your scholarship:
- Birth certificate
- Copy of the first page of your bank passbook
- Caste certificate
- ID proof
- Electronic clearing service(ECS) form from the bank where the applicant has an account
- Mark sheet of last qualifying exam
- Domicile certificate
- Course certificate of current educational course
- Parents’ income certificate
- Proof of admission in the educational institution
DCE Scholarship Candidate Login
Logging into DCE Scholarship is very smooth. However, you do need to register for the scholarship beforehand. Here is how you can login to DCE Scholarship:
- Open the official website of DCE Scholarship
- On the left corner, there is a tab of ‘Candidate Login’
- Click on that and fill in the login details
- Enter your password
- Share if you are applying for Fresh/ Renewal
- Click Login and you will be taken to your portal
DCE Scholarship Awarded Students List
Once you have applied for the scholarship and gone through the selection process, the question of whether you have been selected or not starts to roam around your head. The process of checking the student list is a little complicated on the official website but that is all that is standing between you and your scholarship. Here, we will tell you how you can check if you qualified for the scholarship:
- Open the website of DCE Scholarship
- On the left, you will see a section of ‘Awarded Students List’. Click on that section
- Under the option of Scholarship Type, select the scholarship you applied for
- Next, fill your scholarship status. If this is your first time applying, click on ‘Fresh’ and if you are looking for renewal of your scholarship, click ‘Renewal’
- Enter your state and district
- Next, enter your institution type and finally your institution
- If the results have been declared, you will see a list of names along with application status and Scholarship Status
- If your scholarship has been approved, it will be mentioned in the Scholarship Status.
- If your application is still in process, your scholarship status will be empty and your application status will be visible
Once you have been selected for the DCE scholarship, you need to renew your scholarship every year by following this process:
- Login to the DCE portal.
- Check the notification section for any update on the scholarship renewal process.
- Click on the notification and update the details for the scholarship
- Enter your latest qualifying examination mark sheet and other documents required
- Submit the renewal application
- Print the application for further reference
DCE Scholarship Contact Number
The Special Officer Scholarships,
Directorate of Collegiate Education,
Vikas Bhavan,Thiruvananthapuram, 695033
Department of Collegiate Education: 0471-2306580
The Department of Collegiate Education (DCE), Government of Kerala offers several scholarships under DCE scholarship scheme with an aim to provide educational opportunities to different sections of the society.
You can apply for as many scholarships as you want. But you can only avail one.
A scholarship is an amount of money that is given to your institute on your behalf for your education by the government/ other organizations. In order to take a Scholarship, you need to be eligible for the scholarship and passed your exam
Thus, the DCE Scholarship has the central objective of offering financial aid to students belonging to the weaker sections in the state of Kerala. The importance of financial backing can’t be emphasized more in today’s day and age. Whether you are planning to study abroad or in India, it holds tremendous value in the career of an individual. If you are in need of support, financial or otherwise, you can always count on the counsellors at Leverage Edu that can guide you throughout the application process, along with getting an ideal scholarship and bringing you closer to your dream career.