With the aim to empower the specially-abled students, many public and private organisations have come up with a wide range of scholarships and financial aid schemes. Monetary hurdles should not stop one from achieving their educational goals. There are numerous scholarships offered to students with disability to help them achieve their dream to pursue higher education. Read this blog to know about handicapped scholarships, post-matric and PWD scholarships and top scholarships for students with disabilities in India.
This Blog Includes:
Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
To help out the specially-abled students, a variety of government and private organisations along with NGOs have come up with life-changing scholarships. Some of these scholarship programs not only help students with their tuition fee but also assist them in fulfilling the related expenses that incur. Here are the top scholarships for students with disability:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- NHFDC Trust Fund Scholarship for Differently-abled Students
- Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disability
- AICTE Saksham Scholarship Scheme
- Micro-Financing Scheme
- 16th CavinKare Ability
- Scheme for Parents Association of Mentally Retarded Persons
- Scheme for Financial Assistance for Skill and Entrepreneurial Development
- Scheme for Financing Construction of Commercial/ Business Premises for Starting Self-Employment Activity to PwDs
- Scheme for Providing Handholding Support to Disabled Entrepreneurs Through Vishesh Udyami Mitras
- Loan for professional educational training courses to disabled persons
Let’s explore some of these scholarships in further detail:
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
Offered by the Indian government, this scheme aims to align the specially-abled students with their future goals by empowering their higher education. The pre-matric scholarship is for students with more than 40% disability. It provides students with a stipend, books and other additional allowances.
Eligibility: Only the students of classes 9th and 10th with an annual family income less than INR 2,00,000 can apply.
NHFDC Trust Fund Scholarship For Differently-abled Students
The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) is a country-level organisation established for the holistic development of differently-abled citizens. The scholarship by NHFDC is for differently-abled students and provides them with financial assistance to pursue a technical or professional course and find suitable employment thereafter. Offered to differently-abled students. Under the scholarship, candidates receive maintenance allowance of INR 2,500- 3,000; books and stationery allowance INR 10,000 per month.
Eligibility: Differently abled candidates pursuing a PG level professional or technical course from a recognised academic institution with the family income less than 3 Lakhs can apply.
AICTE Saksham Scholarship Scheme
Operating under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the All India Council for Technical Education offers one of the most beneficial scholarships for students with disabilities. Rewarded to 1,000 selected students, reimbursement for the tuition fee of Rs. 30,000 along with Rs. 20,000 as incidental aid will be provided.
- For candidates planning to pursue a degree or diploma-level technical course at an AICTE approved academic institution.
- Applicants with an annual income less than rupees 8,00,000 can apply.
- The physically challenged or differently-abled candidate must have 40% disability or more.
Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disability
To promote quality education amongst the specially-abled students, the Government of India offers the Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disability. This scholarship is only available for master’s level courses. Maintenance and special allowances along with tuition fee will be covered under this scheme.
- Graduate students who have a family income less than Rs.6,00,000.
- Must be enrolled under a full-time PG degree or diploma.
16th CavinKare Ability Awards
The Ability Foundation along with CavinKare Pvt. Ltd. provides one of the best scholarships for students with disabilities. The cash prize for this scholarship is up to rupees 2,00,000 along with citation and trophy will be awarded to the selected candidates.
Eligibility: The candidates must be recognised as an achiever with a disability.
Thus, we hope that this blog provided you with a list of scholarships for students with disabilities. Looking for scholarships to pursue higher studies abroad? Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu and we will help you find the best scholarship as per your chosen course and university and further provide you with the best guidance throughout the admission process