One of the popular scholarships provided as an aid to support students to pursue their higher education is the BJ Seaman Scholarship. There are immense benefits after getting the BJ Seaman Scholarship as students find it as a support while pursuing a degree at the University of Calgary. BJ Seaman Scholarship is another college-specific scholarship awarded to shortlisted meritorious students for their academic excellence. If you want to know more about the BJ Seaman Scholarship, its benefits, other details, the application process, and much more then keep reading!
|Name of the scholarship||BJ Seaman Scholarship|
|Awarded by||The University of Calgary|
|Awarded amount||$2000 (INR 1.6 Lakhs )|
|Application deadline||August 2023|
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of the BJ Seaman Scholarship
If you are one of the students pursuing studies at the University of Calgary then the BJ Seaman Scholarship is beneficial for you. The benefits of this scholarship include
- Students get an award of $2000 (INR 1.6 Lakhs). This amount is, however, directly applied to the tuition fees depending upon your course, usually until the end of December.
- Any remaining amount after the tuition fees is directly added to your bank account as Payout of Scholarship Refund by October 2023 for the Fall term and February 2023 for the Winter term.
- The scholarship is annual but does not have a renewal.
The University of Calgary awards the BJ Seaman Scholarship to students who have academic excellence. Some of the scholarship details are
- If you are pursuing your undergraduate degree from the University of Calgary then only you are eligible for the Scholarship.
- The scholarship is awarded to only one shortlisted student per year.
- If you are an undergraduate student in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of study then only you are eligible for this scholarship.
- Students get the scholarship award annually. However, the university pays the amount all at once in the Winter term at the end of December.
- If you are an international student at the University of Calgary then also you are eligible for the scholarship.
- The deadline for application is usually August every year, for 2023 the application deadline is 01st August 2023.
There are a few eligibility requirements you need to qualify to pursue higher studies at the University of Calgary.
- Take admission at the University of Calgary in a full-time undergraduate program.
- You can apply for the scholarship in your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of study in any faculty at the University.
- You are then required to complete either fall or winter terms with at least 24 units. However, if you are one of the students specially-abled then you are accepted with 18 units.
- Then you must also have a minimum GPA of 3.20 in the most recent term.
How to Apply for BJ Seaman Scholarship
Apply for the scholarship by following the steps given below.
- You are first required to sign in to your Study Center from the MyUofC portal then you will get into the link.
- Then, you have to go to the home page and then click on My Financials.
- Next, you have to scroll down and select the Awards and Scholarship section.
- After that, click on Apply for Undergraduate Award. Then, a popup window will appear on the screen.
- Lastly, apply for the BJ Seaman Scholarship.
The candidate is chosen solely on the basis of academic achievement. Only students enrolled in the University of Calgary undergraduate programmes are eligible for the grant. Whether or not applicants are chosen for the scholarship will depend on how well they performed in their most recent autumn and winter semesters.
Depending on the stipulations of the scholarship, a few other factors, such as financial necessity, extracurricular activities, leadership, volunteerism, etc., may be taken into account.
Other Important Details
Some of the other important details about the BJ Seaman Scholarship are
- If you are awarded a BJ Seaman Scholarship then you must maintain a minimum of 24 units in both the upcoming fall and winter terms.
- The results for the supplements exam, deferred exams, and special deferred exams can affect the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- The selection for the scholarship entirely depends upon the merit basis. Only one shortlisted student with academic excellence can get the scholarship.
- If you don’t find yourself fit for the scholarship above then you can apply to an array of scholarships awarded by the students at the University of Calgary. These scholarships include QS scholarships, Rhodes Scholarship, Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship, and many more.
The amount of $2000 is awarded to the students. This amount is however directly applied to the tuition fees depending upon your course. This amount is usually added until the end of December.
The deadline for the BJ Seaman Scholarship is 01, August 2022.
Yes, it is necessary to pursue a degree at the University of Calgary as it is a basic eligibility criterion for the BJ Seaman Scholarship.
We hope that this blog helped you with all details about the BJ Seaman scholarship. If finding the right scholarship still confuses you, feel free to call Leverage Edu experts. We are here to help you select the best scholarship and funding options available to finance your dream of pursuing a master’s or PhD abroad! Call us at 1800 572 000 to book your FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.