Nelson Mandela said, “Education is the most powerful weapon”. Education is the key to bring a change in society and is important for an individual’s development. It is essential for the social, personal and economical development of an individual. Pursuing higher education is a way to advance in your field of interest and get a holistic and in-depth understanding of your chosen career. There are several students who aspire for a higher degree but are unable to fulfil their dreams due to financial constraints. Scholarships are an effective way to cope with financial constraints and acquire quality education. They provide students with the opportunity to study their dream course without worrying about finances. There are several different scholarships awarded by educational institutions that students can apply for. One such scholarship program is Abdul Kalam Scholarship which we will discuss in a detailed manner through this blog.
This Blog Includes:
|Name||Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship|
|Provided by||Central Government|
|Eligible Courses||For Higher Studies including undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD and equivalent courses|
|Maximum Funds for Scholarship||Up to 10,000 INR per year|
What is APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship?
Named after the former president of India, Abdul Kalam Scholarship is an opportunity for those Indian students who want to pursue higher education but don’t have the required finances. Those Indian students who belong to minority groups in the country and want to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Indian government colleges can attain the scholarship and can fulfill their dreams of pursuing higher education. The scholarship is offered by various state governments and educational organisations in the memory of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam in order to accomplish his mission of making India a wholly literate country. The scholarship aims at fulfilling the financial constraints of students aspiring to pursue higher education in India. Under this scholarship, there are several programs tailored by different institutions around the country as well as international universities that provide these scholarships to Indian students.
List of Abdul Kalam Scholarships Offered
Here is a complete list of various scholarship programs under Abdul Kalam Scholarship offered by different institutes and organisations in and outside India:
|Name of the Scholarship||Provider|
|Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship||Jamia Millia Islamia|
|Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program||Academy of Scientific and
|APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship, Kerala||Department of Minority Welfare,
Government of Kerala
|Dr. Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Scholarship||University of Sydney|
|Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Award||National Innovation Foundation|
|President APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Fellowship||University of South Florida|
|Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship||United States – India Educational
|Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship||Science and Engineering Research Board|
Eligibility Criteria for Abdul Kalam Scholarship
To apply for Abdul Kalam Scholarship for pursuing a specific course, there are certain eligibility requirements which need to be fulfilled. Below we have listed the major eligibility criteria you need to keep in mind while applying for this scholarship:
- Abdul Kalam Scholarship is only applicable to citizens of India.
- This scholarship also has programs that are specially designed for minority groups. Thus, students coming from minority backgrounds such as Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi and students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families can also apply for this scholarship.
- Abdul Kalam Scholarship is only applicable to students having a family income of fewer than 8 lakhs per annum.
- Candidates applying for Abdul Kalam Scholarship are required to have a bank account by their name in a nationalized bank.
- Candidates belonging to the non-creamy layer, i.e. Other Backward Class (OBC) are also eligible to apply for Abdul Kalam Scholarship.
How to Apply for Abdul Kalam Scholarship?
The application process of Abdul Kalam Scholarship is carried out online. Here is the step-by-step rundown of the application process you must know about:
- Visit the official scholarship portal by clicking here and open the application form provided.
- Fill the details carefully.
- Once you have completed the application form, verify all the details again and make sure that meet all the eligibility conditions.
- Submit the application form along with attaching all the documents and keep the submission page for future reference.
Documents Required for Application
Here are the essential documents you need to enclose alongside the application for Abdul Kalam Scholarship:
- ID card issued by your university
- Income certificate issued by official authorities
- School-leaving certificate as the proof of candidate’s age
- A Write-up on why you are applying for this scholarship and justifying that you are the best candidate for the same.
- Marksheet of the previous examination cleared
Scholarships are an effective way to study your chosen field and enhance your knowledge to explore immense career benefits. We hope that this blog on Abdul Kalam Scholarship helped you understand the eligibility requirements you need to keep in mind. Other than this scholarship, there are various scholarships offered across the globe to help students in handling financial restraints and allowing them to get quality education abroad and gain a global perspective of their field. Leverage Edu experts can be your guide in finding the right scholarship that can fund your higher education and help you progress in your dream career