The John Fisher High Performance Scholarship is offered by The University of Edinburgh to facilitate meritorious international students pursuing specific MSc courses. It is offered by the Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre (EPCC), which is a Centre of Excellence located within the University’s College of Science and Engineering. It is one of the leading supercomputing centers in the UK. Know everything you need about applying to this scholarship to study at the University of Edinburgh.
|Type of Scholarship||Merit-based|
|Offered By||The University of Edinburgh|
|No. of Scholarships||2|
|Level of Study||Master’s Program|
|Type of Program||MSc in High Performance Computing
MSc in High Performance Computing with Data Science
|Type of Student||Full-time and Part-time|
|Amount Offered||50% tuition-fee waiver|
This Blog Includes:
- Eligibility Criteria for John Fisher High Performance Scholarship
- Application Process for John Fisher High Performance Scholarship
- Scholarship Amount for John Fisher High-Performance Scholarship
- Selection Criteria for John Fisher High-Performance Scholarship
- About MSc (HPC) at University of Edinburgh
- Why Study at The University of Edinburgh?
Eligibility Criteria for John Fisher High Performance Scholarship
- Students must be accepted to the following degree programs before the scholarship deadline:
- MSc in High Performance Computing
- MSc in High Performance Computing with Data Science
- Applicants must meet all the entry requirements for admission in MSc in HPC or MSc in HPC with Data Science
- Applicants must have a first-class Bachelor’s degree with an overall aggregate of at least 60%.
Application Process for John Fisher High Performance Scholarship
Once you receive your acceptance to the MSc in High Performance Computing or MSc in High Performance Computing with Data Science Program from the University and before the scholarship deadline, you can apply for the John Fisher scholarship.
When to apply?
Scholarship applications at the University of Edinburgh generally follow the academic year from August to July. As such scholarship deadlines are around June to mid-July.
Documents Required for John Fisher High-Performance Scholarship
- Completed application form for the course
- One reference
- Copies of degree
- Personal Statement of around 500 words.
- Copies of official transcripts and certificates, translated in English
- Copy of English Proficiency test scores.
- Acceptance Letter from the University of Edinburgh
Scholarship Amount for John Fisher High-Performance Scholarship
Applicants who receive the scholarship will be awarded a 50% waiver on the annual tuition costs. The scholarship is valid for one year for full-time students and for the specified period of part-time students. This scholarship award will be deducted from the student’s tuition fees.
Selection Criteria for John Fisher High-Performance Scholarship
The selection for the John Fisher HPC Scholarship happens on the basis of academic merit of the applicants, regardless of their nationality or age. This will include a student’s academic background, competence, motivation and career ambition as reflected by the Personal Statement.
About MSc (HPC) at University of Edinburgh
The MSc Program in High Performance Computing is a challenging course that deals with complex computer functions and hardware. Students will learn about the use of powerful processors, computer networks, parallel supercomputers and delve deeply into the world of computers, programming and data science. A lucrative course with multiple career prospects, an MSc in HPC specializations will prepare students to undertake employment as software developers, computer engineers, data analysts, finance specialists and many more.
Entry Requirements for MSc HPC or MSc HPC with Data Science
- A first-class Bachelor’s degree, with at least 60% aggregate, from a recognized university in India.
- Background in subjects such as Computer Science and Informatics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry and Geosciences.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language from C, C++, Python, Fortran, or Java.
- Familiarity with mathematical concepts such as algebra, linear algebra and probability and statistics.
- Demonstration of relevant work experience.
- Self-taught students with no formal programming training are also considered.
- Students with high scores in computational courses who have a double Honours degree can also apply for the course.
English Language Requirements
Students applying to the University of Edinburgh MSc programs must also show proof of English proficiency with any of the following English Language proficiency tests:
|Type of Examination||Required Score|
|IELTS||6.5 with at least 6.0 in each component|
|Trinity ISE||ISE II with Distinction in each component|
Tuition Fee for MSc in HPC or MSc in HPC with Data Science
|Type of Student||Annual Tuition fees (2022-2023)|
|Full-time (1 year)||£31,100 (INR 26,61,631)|
|Part-time (2-years)||£15,550 (INR 13,30,815)|
|Part-time (3-years)||£10,370 (INR 8,87,495)|
Why Study at The University of Edinburgh?
Established in the year 1582, the University of Edinburgh in UK, is renowned for its research-oriented programs, globally accredited degrees and a learning environment focused on bringing out the latent potential in the students. Located in Edinburgh, Scotland, it has consistently ranked amongst the top 50 universities of the world and featured at the 20th position in the QS World University Rankings 2022. Ranked 4th in the UK as per QS World, the university features a colossal international student community of 13,000 students. Study at Edinburgh for innovative learning, international focus and the beautiful Scottish capital.
If you are planning to study MSc in High Computing Performance at the University of Edinburgh, then applying for the John Fisher High-Performance Scholarship is a must! Grab this opportunity by following Leverage Edu to find out the latest scholarships and grants to study abroad!