Studying in the UK can seem daunting and expensive at some universities. But, there are several universities that ease this burden by offering a range of scholarships, bursaries and grants to students to help support their studies. One such scholarship is the Sheffield Hallam Transform Together Scholarship offered by the Sheffield Hallam University to international students. The scholarship is for undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in full-time programs at the university.
This Blog Includes:
What is the Sheffield Hallam Transform Together Scholarship?
Transform Together are scholarships given by Sheffield Hallam University, UK, exclusively for international students enrolled in full-time taught courses at undergraduate and postgraduate. With an acceptance rate of 74.7%, Sheffield Hallam University offers over 400 courses including Accounting, Banking and Finance, Biosciences and Chemistry, Digital Media, Economics, Law, Marketing, MBA, Paramedic Science and more.
As scholarships are competitive affairs, the Transform Together Scholarships select students on the basis of the information provided in the online scholarship application form. They are awarded to students who demonstrate excellent academic achievements. Applicants are also required to describe how they will stand out as an ambassador of the Sheffield Hallam University during the course of and after their studies. They are now accepting scholarship applications for courses starting in January 2022 The closing date for applications is 1st November 2021.
Benefits of Sheffield Hallam Transform Together Scholarship
- A half fee waiver i.e. 50% discount is available for all undergraduate courses and the first year of postgraduate courses.
- Opportunity to conduct research under international supervisor
To be eligible for one of these scholarships, you must
- Be an international student
- Enrolled in a full-time course at Sheffield Hallam University
- Be completely self-funded
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, like field trips and tuition fees for subsequent years of study (in postgraduate programmes)
Course-Wise Eligibility Criteria
|Undergraduate||Standard XII graduation certificate with an average score of 65%
IELTS Score of 6.0
|Postgraduate||3-4 year Bachelor’s degree with a minimum score of 55%-60%. successful completion of a recognised pre-masters course
IELTS score of 6.0 OR A minimum of 70% in English at Standard XII (for specific programmes)
|MBA||A minimum score of 55% from a relevant three-year degree At least two years of post-qualification full-time work experience in a supervisory role.IELTS Level of 6.5|
You are not eligible to apply if you:
- have already started the course for which you are applying for a scholarship;
- have previously received a Transform Together scholarship for a course at the same level of study(i.e. you had a Transform Together scholarship for a masters course and you wish to study a second masters course);
- are receiving full or partial funding for your studies from a sponsor or other scholarship provider;
- are applying to study a Sheffield Hallam course at a partner institution outside the UK;
- have an offer for one of their International Foundation Programmes;
- do not hold an offer of a place on a course at Sheffield Hallam University. The university has the right to only consider applicants who have accepted their study offers.
- The deadline for the Sheffield Hallam University application is 1st November 2021.
- Apply for a course at Sheffield Hallam University
- Check if you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria
- When you have applied for a course, you will receive a Student Identifier Number. This SI Number is required to apply for a scholarship by filling the application form (available on their website) and sending your academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
- You will be informed in a month’s time about whether you have received the scholarship or not.
The deadline for the January Intake is 1st November 2021.
Once you have applied for a course and your application has been processed you will receive an eight-digit Student Identifier (SI) number. To apply for a scholarship, you will need to include your SI number in your application. Your scholarship application will not be considered if you do not provide your SI number on the online scholarship application form.
Yes, you need to apply for your academic course first. When you receive an offer for your course, you can apply for a Transform Together scholarship.
You can apply for a Transform Together scholarship if you are progressing from a Sheffield Hallam undergraduate degree to a masters degree, or from a Sheffield Hallam International Foundation Programme to an undergraduate programme.
You cannot apply for a scholarship for a course you have already started. You cannot apply for a Transform Together scholarship if you have previously received the scholarship for a course at the same level of study
Self-funded means that you are not receiving any funding for your studies from an external source such as a government, a scholarship provider, a company or an employer. You are classified as self-funded if a family member or a friend funds your studies.
You will be notified no later than one month after the scholarship deadline. This will be by email using the email address provided on your scholarship application. Make sure to check the spam folder too
The Transform Together Scholarships cannot be deferred to a later study date. You can defer your course programme. If you choose to go down this path you will have to apply for the scholarship once again but there is no guarantee that you will be selected again.
Want to study at the prestigious Sheffield Hallam University by availing Sheffield Hallam Transform Together Scholarship. Good news! It’s not so late, apply for the January intake and get all the perks of studying at the dynamic university with a fee waiver. Call our Leverage Edu experts today on 1800 572 000 and book a free session.