Founded in 1996 as a financial assistance programme, the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship is offered by Reliance Foundation and aims to support deserving and specially-abled students in their higher education. Since its inception, it has successfully supported close to 11,500 students in pursuing their career aspirations. Nearly half of the awardees were girls and one-fifth were specially-abled students. Through this blog, we will explore the key details of the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship along with its eligibility criteria and the various benefits it entails to the selected students.
|Name of the Scholarship||Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship|
|Scholarship Provider||Reliance Foundation|
|Scholarship Reach||All India (including rural and urban areas)|
|Applicable for||Meritorious students of class 12 (including specially-abled students)|
|Age Limit||Below 20 years of age|
|Application Process||The meritorious students receive the Letter of Eligibility for the scholarship along with the details for online application|
|Application Timeline||Between the month of May and August*|
|Scholarship Amount||Up to INR 41,000 per annum|
|Selection Criteria||Based on the merit list of CBSE/State Board|
The Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship is a Reliance Foundation Scholarship which is essentially a merit-cum-means scholarship intended to provide meritorious students with crucial financial backing to complete their higher studies. Students below the age of 20 who have their names in the published merit list of standard 12th state/CBSE exams and have successfully enrolled at a recognised institution for higher studies are given amounts ranging anywhere between INR 12,500 to INR 41,000 per annum.
Also Read: Study Abroad Scholarships and Applications
Eligibility of Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship
In order to be considered for the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship, prospective students need to fulfil certain eligibility requirements related to age, educational achievements and financial conditions. The Reliance Foundation reviews every application with equal consideration and only those applicants who are able to prove their candidature through evidence are awarded with the scholarship. Here are the key essentials you need to fulfil to be deemed eligible for the internship.
- Age Limit: Age of the candidate must not cross 20 years of age as of 30th April of the respective year of application.
- 12th Standard Exams: Prospective students need to be amongst the top rank-holders in the standard 12th CBSE or state exams. ICSE board students are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Enrolled for Higher Studies: Candidates who have given their 12th standard exams must have enrolled themselves at a recognized college or university of higher education in a bachelor’s degree program. Applicants aspiring for postgraduate courses are not eligible.
- Income Limit: As a general rule, the family income of the applicant must not cross INR 4.5 lakhs.
- Letter of Eligibility: Students must be in possession of a Letter of Eligibility issued by the Reliance Foundation by means of the school to apply for the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship.
- Specially-abled candidates are exempted from the above income criteria.
- There is no special preference given to SC/ST/OBC or other category students.
The Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship awards differ with respect to fields of study like Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, etc. Further, the scholarship benefits can be availed until the end of the course and it will be directly given to the scholar’s bank account after the submission of fee slips. The following table delineates the specific award amounts.
|Field of Study||Tuition/
|Medicine||INR 23,000||INR 11,500||INR 6,000||INR 41,000|
|Engineering||INR 19,500||INR 11,500||INR 5,000||INR 36,000|
|Pharmacy||INR 6,500||INR 7,500||INR 5,000||INR 19,000|
|Agriculture||INR 3,500||INR 11,500||INR 4,000||INR 19,000|
|INR 8,000||INR 7,500||INR 3,000||INR 18,500|
|INR 2,000||INR 7,500||INR 3,000||INR 12,500|
|Others||INR 2,000||INR 7,500||INR 3,000||INR 12,500|
Note: The amounts offered under the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship scheme may differ year-to-year and prospective students must carefully read the official notification.
How to Apply Reliance Foundation Scholarship 2023?
Here’s how you can apply for the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship:
- Step 1: Visit the official page of the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Login’ button to start the application.
- Step 3: Log in using the login password provided in the Letters of Eligibility.
- Step 4: After successful login, you will get the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship 2023 Application Form. Fill in the details accurately
- Step 5: Upload the required documents with the online application.
- Step 6: Submit the online application.
Here’s the list of documents required for the application:
- Academic transcripts of class 12 board examination
- Family income proof
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
Also Read: Inspire Scholarship
Similar Scholarship Schemes
Apart from the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship, there are several other scholarship options you can consider. Here are various scholarship schemes that you can choose from:
Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship is offered by Reliance Foundation and aims to support deserving and specially-abled students in their higher education.
Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship offers an annual grant ranging from INR 12,500 to INR 41,000 per annum.
Age of the candidate must not cross 20 years of age as of 30th April of the respective year of application.
Thus, we hope that this blog helped you gain clarity about the various elements of the Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship. Financial support is indispensable for pursuing higher education in today’s age, be it in India or abroad. If you are looking for scholarships that can fund your dream course, our experts at Leverage Edu can guide you in selecting an ideal scholarship that can support your career aspirations and help you explore your field of interest without worrying about financial constraints.