Being born in a family where there are financial constraints can act as a hurdle in pursuing higher education. But with an inclination towards studies and with hard work, one can achieve milestones. Scholarship can act as an asset to students who are unable to fund their education. While there are many national-level scholarships, The District Merit Scholarship (DMS) is one such program that is awarded by the Government of Kerala to the meritorious students belonging to the economically weaker sections. In this blog, we will shed light on the key aspects of the DMS scholarship.
Must Read: Harvard Scholarship
This Blog Includes:
What is the DMS Scholarship?
Offered by the Directorate of Collegiate Education (DCE), Govt. Of Kerala, DMS is a special scholarship offered to the students domiciled in Kerala. It encourages the students to attain their basic education by reducing the financial burden. The District Merit Scholarship scholarship is offered to students who have scored A+ grade in all the subjects in the SSLC Examination which is organized by the Kerala board of examinations. The DCE scholarship is awarded to create awareness amongst the students about various engineering courses available after higher secondary school. Candidates who match the eligibility criteria can fill the application form online and can start with the application process.
|Name||District Merit Scholarship|
|Organisation||Directorate of Collegiate Education (DCE), Govt. Of Kerala|
|Amount||Rs. 1,250/- per annum|
Check Out Our Exclusive List of Scholarships for Indian Students to Study Abroad!
Eligibility Criteria for DMS Scholarship
To avail the benefits of DMS scholarship, the applicant must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates must have passed the SSLC Examination conducted by the Kerala State Board of Public Examination.
- In the SSLC Examination, students must have obtained A+ grade in all the subjects.
- Higher Secondary, ITI, VHSC, Polytechnic course students can also apply for the Scholarship.
List Of Documents Required
Here is a list of the requisite documents for applying to the DMS scholarship program:
- Marksheets along with attested copies of School and College certificates.
- Age proof (class 10th board certificate or birth certificate)
- Latest passport size photographs.
- Affidavit along with certificates that show the annual family income as well as additional income.
- Permanent residential proof (ration card, voter ID card, Aadhar card, electricity bill)
- Bank account details of the Candidate.
- If the candidates have any disability then they must have the documents for that.
Important Dates for DMS Scholarship 2019-20
For the DMS/DCE Scholarship 2019-20, the deadlines for the same were last year and for the session of 2020-21, they will be updated by the mid-year. Take a look at the dates for DMS Scholarship 2019-20 to get an idea of when applications are open.
|Starting Date for First-Time Candidates||August 1, 2019|
|Ending Date for First-Time Candidates||October 31, 2019|
|Starting Date for Scholarship Renewal||August 1, 2019|
|Ending Date for Scholarship Renewal||October 31, 2019|
Recommended Read: FFE Scholarship
How to Apply for DCE Scholarship?
The application process of DMS/DCE Scholarship is completely online and the candidates need to visit the official website and begin their registration. The steps of the application process are as follows:
- Visit the official website, click on District Merit Scholarship (DCE/DMS), and a pop-up will appear on the right side with “apply online”.
- Click on “apply online” and register as a new user.
- Add all your personal and academic details and click submit. You will get a registration id which you can use for logging in further.
- Log in to your profile by clicking on “Candidate Login”, submit all the documents and details and complete the application process.
Must Read: LIC Scholarship
Renewals in DMS Scholarship
The candidates can renew the application annually once they have registered with the official site of the DMS Scholarship. The students must perform satisfactorily in each academic year to be able to renew their application for the scholarship. Here are some steps for the renewal of the application form:
- To renew the application visit the official DCE, Government of Kerala website.
- Log in by entering the registration ID, DOB, and password and then renew the existing ones.
- Fill the details accurately.
- Submit the DMS scholarship renewal application form.
Check Out: Nabanna Scholarship
Announcement of Results
The results of the DMS Scholarship are announced on the official website. By entering the Scholarship type, State, District and Institution/College name, the candidates can search for the selection list available on the official websites. Students can check for their names on the list which appears on the screen to see whether they have been selected or not. Once your name appears on the list then the selected students have to get their documents verified by the DCE. The DCE will only provide the DMS scholarship to the selected candidates mentioned list.
Thus, the DMS scholarship offers a ray of hope to many students who are not financially stable. If you are looking for such scholarships to pursue education abroad then you can get in touch with Leverage Edu where the counsellors will guide you and help you avail the right scholarship.