The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship for Asia has been created to help promising international students who are studying at the University of Waikato for the first time in undergraduate or postgraduate programmes. The scholarships are up to NZD$10,000 and will be awarded to qualified candidates who show exemplary academic results. Read this blog to know all about the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship for Asia.
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: Scholarships in New Zealand
The total value of the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship for Asia is NZD$10,000 towards payments for tuition fees.
Stage of Study
The students eligible for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship for Asia are candidates enrolled in undergraduate, postgraduate, postgraduate (Research) courses.
Region of Subject
Students can be in studying or researching in any subject or field of study of their choice to be eligible for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship for Asia.
Proposals for the eligibility for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship for Asia, 2021 can be made anytime.
In order for applicants to be eligible for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship for Asia, the candidate must:
- Be a member of one of the countries in the region: North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, South East Asia, Middle East, Africa, or actually studying there.
- Currently be studying at the University of Waikato (including an Undergraduate English Certificate of Achievement, a Foundation Studies Certificate of Achievement, an International Business or Science Diploma, or some other pre-graduate pathway programme);
- Given that at the time of application, the student did not pay fees;
- Register for the first time either for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Waikato University (with the exception of a PhD and a Master of Philosophy (MPhil));
- Not to be counted as a student at home;
- Have fulfilled the English language entry criteria of the University of Waikato, or have an invitation for a Certificate of Achievement in Academic English at the University of Waikato prior to the start of the UOW study;
- The University of Waikato has obtained a conditional or unconditional offer of a place;
- Starting a full-time research program/s for a cumulative period of at least 12 months at the University of Waikato in the year of tenure;
- Residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the scholarship, and may only research online for a limit of 50% of their course (if available);
- Not to come to Waikato University by a funding body;
- Do not apply for a Fixed Credit Agreement at Waikato University or for a study abroad or student exchange.
Must Read: Waikato Institute of Technology
The application process for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship for Asia includes the following steps:
- Scholarship applications may be submitted at any time. At the time of filing their application for the scholarship, candidates must be abroad and must apply their application for the scholarship prior to submitting a visa application to fly to New Zealand.
- As part of their online application, applicants must submit the following:
- Their offer of a position, conditional or unconditional, from the University of Waikato; and
- A personal statement that on the template provided) sets out the following:
- What are the goals/aspirations for your career?
- How is a foreign education perspective going to help you meet these objectives?
- What extra qualities/skills do you have that make you an excellent choice and ambassador for the University of Waikato for this scholarship?
Benefits of Studying in New Zealand:
There are many reasons why you should think of studying in New Zealand even more for applying for the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship for Asia. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- Due to its low annual tuition fees and low living costs, New Zealand is the best place for Indian students to study abroad. New Zealand’s living costs are lower than other destinations for studying overseas, such as Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States and Australia.
- The school scheme in New Zealand is based on the British model of education. The higher education systems in New Zealand are well known for their teaching standard and specialised services. The Government of New Zealand has outstanding quality assurance programmes for the tracking and guaranteeing of quality education.
- The universities in New Zealand have limited entrance requirements for certain programmes. If it is a bachelor’s degree, a master’s degree or a postgraduate diploma course in New Zealand, there is not much competition to get admitted to a university. Students can easily study here with passing marks and intermediate grades. There is still no age bar for learning in New Zealand.
- With a very nice lifestyle, New Zealand is a healthy and stable country. New Zealand is the second happiest, stable and secure country out of 163 countries in the world, according to the Global Peace Index 2017.
- There is political prosperity and low crime rates in New Zealand. The citizens of New Zealand embrace and appreciate other cultures and warmly welcome foreign students regardless of faith, caste and gender in the region.
Here’s a complete guide on Study in New Zealand!
We thus end our blog here and hope that all your doubts regarding the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship for Asia have been cleared. For more assistance and help required in the application process, contact our experts at Leverage Edu. Sign up for a free session today!