The United Kingdom is an extremely diverse environment if you are looking to study abroad. Some of the world’s best universities are situated here and this allows graduates to become global leaders. However, studying in the UK can be a very costly affair. In order to prevent the fees from coming between your true potential, universities offer scholarships to students who truly deserve to attain the best education in the world. One such university is the University of Strathclyde. This blog is your source of information regarding the University of Strathclyde scholarships!
This Blog Includes:
- University of Strathclyde
- Popular Courses
- University of Strathclyde Scholarships
- Other Scholarships
Also Read: Study in UK
University of Strathclyde
The University of Strathclyde was established in 1796 as a place of ‘useful learning’. Committed to research and teaching, it is one of the oldest institutions for higher education in Glasgow, Scotland. It was initially called The Andersonian Insitute. It is a self-contained campus that is situated near the city center and offers students the opportunity to grow holistically. With sports opportunities and student unions, the graduates from Strathclyde are truly global citizens. There are nearly 2,000 rooms available for the accommodation of primarily first-year undergraduate students. The University of Strathclyde is ranked 325th by QS World University Rankings 2023.
Here is a list of some of the most reputed courses offered by the University of Strathclyde at every study level:
|BA (Hons) Accounting||MSc Actuarial Science||Accounting & Finance (PhD)|
|BSc (Hons) Biochemistry & Pharmacology||MSc Advanced Architectural Design||PhD Applied Linguistics|
|BEng (Hons) Biomedical Engineering||MSc Civil Engineering||PhD Architecture|
|BBA (Hons)||MRes Climate Change Adaptation||PhD Biomedical Engineering|
|Civil Engineering (BEng)||Competition Law (LLM)||PhD Chemical & process Engineering|
|BSc (Hons) Computer Science||MEd Education Studies||PhD Chemistry|
|Journalism, Media and Communication & Economics (BA Hons)||MSc Finance & Management||Criminology (PhD)|
|Education & french (BA Hons)||PGDip Historical Studies||Doctor of Business Administration|
|French & History (BA Joint Hons)||MSc Hydrogeology||PhD Economics|
University of Strathclyde Scholarships
The University of Strathclyde offers a number of different scholarships to allow students with the potential to study here without any worries. Here is a list of the top University of Strathclyde Scholarships:
Faculty of Science International Masters Scholarship
Newly enrolled overseas applicants can apply for scholarships through the University of Strathclyde’s Faculty of Science International Masters Scholarship. Beginning in January 2024, new foreign students can register in master’s programs such as the MSc Advanced Computer Science, MSc Advanced Computer Science with Data Science, or MSc Advanced Software Engineering at the Faculty of Science. The scholarship benefit amount will be EURO 4,000 to EURO 6,000. Some of the eligibility criteria are listed below:
- Candidates must be new, fee-paying foreign students with an admissions offer for a full-time program in one of the MS programs offered by the Faculty of Science, University of Strathclyde.
- The selection of successful candidates will be based on their academic standing. Along with their scholarship application, they should also provide any extracurricular activities or employment history.
- The period of the scholarship is one year, and the scholarship money will be granted in the form of a deduction from tuition.
- Students who get full scholarships from an embassy or government agency are not eligible.
Also Read: PhD Scholarships in UKow
Strathclyde Research Studentship Scheme (SRSS)
This scholarship scheme is available annually for students who are excellent and provide equally good research projects. There are two main sources of funding for the SRSS and they are the Central University and the Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council. The date of application for the 2023-24 term starts in Autumn 2022. Following is the eligibility criteria:
- The student must be pursuing a Postgraduate Research program.
- Funding is provided for students with a good honours degree at a first- or upper-second-class level, awarded within a relevant cognate discipline. Faculties may stipulate a first-class honours degree
British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM
The British Council provides a scholarship to all women who choose to pursue STEM courses. The University of Strathclyde along with the British Council offers five fully-funded scholarships for female students from South Asia who are pursuing master’s studies in Health and Life science, Climate Change, Environment & Risk Reduction, Energy Transition, and Industry 4.0. To be eligible for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM, you must:
- Be a woman
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of one of the eligible countries – Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
- Have submitted an application to study in one of the eligible University of Strathclyde postgraduate programs, as listed above.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry into a postgraduate program at the University of Strathclyde by the time you submit your application and be due to start your postgraduate program in the UK in 2023.
- Demonstrate a case for financial support needs via a means test conducted by the University of Strathclyde.
- Have not previously studied at a degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK.
- You must not be in receipt of financial support or funding for your study programs in the UK from any other source.
- Meet the English language requirement of the University of Strathclyde
- Indicate their preference for course and institution in the case of applying to multiple institutions.
- Be motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course.
- You are required to show in your application that you are active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the programs area you are applying for.
- You are willing to demonstrate your future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education and returning to your home country.
- You must demonstrate in your application a plan and passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country.
- You agree that your personal data is being shared with the British Council as a condition of applying for the bursary.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you agree to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the UK and engage with activities as part of a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM alumnus during and after your study in the UK. Any involvement in these activities during your study in the UK will take up no more than five hours per term.
Also Read: UK Scholarships for Filipino Students
Access Bursary for ROI Students
This scholarship has been put forth to attract the best students from different backgrounds. The funding goes up to GBP 3,000 (INR 2.7 Lakhs) per year. New undergraduate students of any nationality can apply for the scholarship. The value of the bursary changes based on the income level the students fall into.
Faculty of Science Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
International students who are joining the Faculty of Science in 2022-23 at the University of Strathclyde are provided with scholarships between GBP 3,000-5,000 (INR 2.7 Lakhs-4 Lakhs). In order to be considered for a Faculty of Science Undergraduate International Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be a new, international fee-paying student holding an offer of admission for either year one, or year two entry, to a full-time undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Science for the 2023/2024 academic year.
- Have achieved excellent grades to date in their academic studies.
- Be self-funded. Students who receive full scholarships, for example from a government office or embassy, will not be eligible.
Other than the University of Strathclyde Scholarships mentioned above, the following are some
- Faculty of Science Scholarship for Online Masters Students
- The SCALES Competition Law Scholars’ Awards
- MSc Psychology with a specialization in Business Scholarship
- MRes Physical Activity for Health – NHS fee reduction
- Faculty of Engineering International Scholarships Postgraduate 2022/23
- Faculty of Engineering International Scholarships – Undergraduate 2022/23
- Centre for Doctoral Training in Prosthetics and Orthotics Funding
Ans: Yes! All international self-funded candidates with strong academic qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Ans: Some of the Universities that offer 100% scholarships are:
– University of Sheffield
– University College of London
– Durham University
– Warwick University
– University of Manchester
Ans: Yes! Many funding organizations offer full-funding scholarship programs that cover program fees, living expenses and return flights as well.
Ans: Chevening Scholarship UK is fully funded for international students.