The Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme is a scholarship initiative facilitated by the Irish government and administered by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Its primary objective is to enhance educational opportunities and foster collaboration between Ireland and countries in Africa. By focusing on higher education and research, the program seeks to support capacity-building efforts and forge stronger connections between Ireland and Africa. Selected students are allowed to study a fully-funded one-year Master’s program at reputed higher educational institutes in Ireland. It promotes equality, provides equal opportunity and welcomes diversity. If want to know more about Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme 2023-24, continue reading.
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of the Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme 2023-24
The Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme has numerous benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- The program is fully-funded and ensures that financial barrier does not hinder the students from availing of quality education in Ireland.
- Fellows can benefit from mentorship programs, workshops, seminars, and networking events, which contribute to their personal and career development.
- The program seeks to make a positive difference in diverse sectors by investing in capacity building and promoting collaboration between Ireland and African nations.
- The program facilitates cultural exchange between Irish and African participants, creating a diverse and enriching environment.
- The Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme grants students the opportunity to study at world-class universities known for their academic excellence.
Eligibility for Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme
The eligibility criteria for the fellowship program are as follows:
- Be a resident of the country as listed.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in their relevant fields.
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized higher education institution that is accredited and recognized by the government, with a minimum grade point average of 75% (equivalent to 3.0 on a 4.0 scale).
- Should not be holding/undertaking any programme at master’s level or higher.
- Have identified and selected three relevant programs from the programs of eligibility as provided by them.
- Applicants are required to have not applied to the Ireland Fellows Programme more than once in the past.
Countries Eligible for Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme
The countries accepted by the Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme are:
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
Institutions Eligible for Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme
The list of colleges eligible for the Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme are:
- University of Limerick
- University College Dublin
- University College Cork
- UCD Michael Smurfit Business School
- Technological University of the Shannon
- Trinity College Dublin
- St. Angela’s College
- South East Technological University
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons University of Medicine and Health Science
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- Dublin City University
- Dublin City School
- Atlantic Technological University
The process of application for the Ireland- Africa Fellows Programme is:
- Fill out the form as provided by the Embassy of Ireland according to the eligibility under various programs. The information of the application will be further contacted through Embassy
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview, where they will have to submit their IELTS qualifications.
Important note: Applications for the academic year 2023/24 are closed for now. Applications for the academic year 2024-25 will begin in the summer of 2023
Yes, the fellowship programme is fully-funded
No, the fellowship programme is limited to a few countries
Applications for the academic year 2023/24 are closed for now. Applications for the academic year 2024-25 will begin in the summer of 2023
Want to study abroad? Reach out to Leverage Edu now! Our experts will guide you through the complicated admission process to your dream university.