We all understand the importance of pursuing higher education. But often, students face financial constraints in continuing with their education. Parents contribute to the biggest piece of financial aid in supporting students. The government has realized the need for providing extra support for students, not just in easy college access but graduation success. In a bid to uplift the education sector in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, the Department of Education has come up with various scholarship programs for students who want to pursue technical education after 12th. This article will highlight everything you need to know about the JK Scholarship which is also known as AICTE JK Scholarship.
|Name of the Scholarship||Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) or JK Scholarship|
|Scholarship Provider||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India|
|Applicable for||J&K students pursuing general/engineering/medical/BDS or equivalent degree outside the state|
|Total Number of Scholarships||5000|
|Scholarship State||Jammu & Kashmir|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Helpline Number for PMSSS 2019-2020||Ph: 0120-2446701 (between 09:30 am till 05:30 pm Monday to Saturday)|
This Blog Includes:
- News on JK Scholarships
- JK Scholarship Important Dates
- AICTE JK Scholarship
- List of Scholarships in PMSSS JK
- JK Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
- AICTE JK Scholarship: Application Procedure
- AICTE JK Scholarship Application & Selection Process 2021
- Scholarship Rewards
- Documents Required
- Colleges for AICTE JK Scholarship
- AICTE JK Scholarship Course Distribution
- JK Scholarship Institute Login
- How to Check the Status?
- JK Scholarship Portal 2.0
- Terms and Conditions
- JK Scholarship Helpline Number
- Other Scholarships
News on JK Scholarships
JK Lt Governor announced the launch of Super-75 Scholarship schemes for meritorious girls.
Online registration for JK Scholarships opened on July 6, 2020. Students can register at the website – aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in.
JK Scholarship Important Dates
Before reading about the JK Scholarships, let’s check out the important dates for the scholarship exams. Following are the tentative dates for the JK Scholarships:
|Online Registration Starts||July 2021|
|Last Date of Registration||September 2021|
|Document Verification||July to October 2021|
|Provisional Merit list||September 2021 November 2021 (for diploma holders)|
|Final Merit List||October 2021|
AICTE JK Scholarship
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is a national-level advisory authority for technical education in India which also provides accreditation to technical colleges and institutions. Other than this, AICTE also offers a number of fellowships and scholarships to aspirants who are willing to pursue a technical degree course.
The Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), which is also known as the AICTE JK Scholarship aims to support the youth of J&K in pursuing technical education outside the state. This facilitates easy access to attain quality education and creates a path for students to equip themselves with domain-specific knowledge, skills and gain industrial experience for the higher academic profession.
List of Scholarships in PMSSS JK
|Name Of Scholarship||Name Of Provider||Period For Application||Eligibility Criteria|
|KEI High School Scholarship Program||Kashmir Education Initiative in collaboration with the Iqbal Memorial Trust||November and December||All students studying in class 9 can apply for this scholarship. The student must have secured 75% in
their examination of class 8th conducted by DIET. The per annum family income should be less than INR 3 lakhs.
|Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)||AICTE – All India Council for Technical Education MHRD||Between the months of April and September||All students who have qualified class 12th from J&K Board or CBSE affiliated schools in J&K., The students must be pursuing a professional, general or medical
degree course at the colleges which are prescribed. The students must be agreeable to take admission outside of
J&K state. The per annum income of the family must be less than INR 8 lakhs. Students who have finished
their diploma in 10+3 from
J&K polytechnic can also apply.
|KEI Post Graduate Scholarship Program (PGSP)||Kashmir Education Initiative in collaboration with Iqbal Memorial Trust (MIT)||Between the months of November and December||Students in the first semester of Kashmir
University and in the first or second semester
of Central University, ISUT and SKUAST of MA/MSc/MTech/MCom course can apply
for the scholarship. Students pursuing
LLM-LLB, BBA-MBA or BCA-MCA can also
apply if they are in the postgraduate part
of the course and in the 7th semester.
The annual family income should be
less than INR 3 lakhs.
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ OBC/EBC/ PC/DNT Students J&K||Directorate of Social Welfare Jammu, Government of Jammu and Kashmir||Between the months of September and November||The students who belong to the
category of SC/ OBC/EBC/PC or DNT
can apply.The students must be
pursuing their studies at the post matriculation level outside or
within Jammu and Kashmir in an institution that is government recognised.
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, J&K||Combined Counselling Board||Between the months of December and April||All students at the university/ college
level are eligible to apply. Students must have cleared their last exam with a minimum of 45-50% marks.
JK Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
“Who is eligible for PMSSS?” is a question that bothers many. To make things clear, students are required to fulfil the following conditions to be eligible for AICTE JK Scholarship:
- Only those candidates who are domicile (resident) of Jammu & Kashmir.
- The annual family income of the candidate should be INR 8 Lakh or below.
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 from J&K Board (JKBOSE) or CBSE affiliated school in J&K.
- The candidate who has completed 10+3 Diploma from J&K State Polytechnic for lateral entry (directly in the second year) in the prescribed list of colleges against on the vacant seats of the previous year.
- The candidate should be willing to pursue a regular general/engineering/medical degree courses from colleges outside the state
Who are NOT ELIGIBLE for the JK Scholarship?
- Those who do not apply through the online AICTE portal.
- Students enrolled in courses offered by Open Universities.
- If a candidate is availing benefits from any other Government or Non-Government scheme.
- Those who have joined any college excluded from the AICTE portal.
- Those students who are taking admission through NGOs or any other agents.
- Any type of postgraduate program.
- If a candidate is absent during the counselling.
AICTE JK Scholarship: Application Procedure
The application procedure for the various scholarships available in Jammu and Kashmir is mentioned.
|Name of Scholarship||Application Process|
|KEI High School Scholarship Program||Application is done through offline mode via an authorized centre.|
|Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K||Application is done online through the official website of AICTE J&K scholarship|
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, J&K||The application can be done online via the official website of the Combined Counselling Board|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ OBC/EBC/ PC/ DNT, J&K||The application will be done online via the state portal of the J&K government. Students must submit a hard copy of the application form which should be filled completely along with documents supporting the applicant for verification in the College/ Institution/ University for the purpose of verification.|
|KEI Post Graduate Scholarship Program (PGSP)||The application will be done online via the official website of PGSP.|
AICTE JK Scholarship Application & Selection Process 2021
You may be wondering where to apply for the AICTE JK Scholarship? We have formulated a step-by-step process to be followed for easy and quicker application process:
- Visit the online PMSSS registration portal
- Click on the PMSSS registration button and select one of the categories: 12th Registration or Diploma Registration.
- Complete the registration form with all the required details. Make sure that the details entered are correct without any possible errors.
- Make sure that the details entered are correct, without any possible errors and click on the Submit button.
- Verify your email ID through the verification link received on your email or via SMS
- Once again visit the online portal and login through email and password
- Proceed to submit your application
The students for AICTE PMSSS or JK Scholarship will be selected on merit basis as per the marks obtained by them through online counseling from the PMSSS portal. Therefore, it is recommended to check the PMSSS online portal regularly.
Note: You may contact JKBOSE/CBSE/JKSBOTE if you are unable to register. And give a call on 0120-2446701, Time: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (Monday to Saturday) or email to email@example.com in case email/SMS have not been received by you.
|Scholarship||No. of Scholarships||Awards|
|KEI High School Scholarship Program JK||NA||INR 10,000|
|Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS JK)||5000||General Degree: INR 30,000 + 1lakh Maintenance Fees
Professional Degree: Academic Fee of up to 1.25 LPA + 1lakh Maintenance Fees
Medical/BDS Degree: Academic Fee of up to 3 LPA + 1lakh Maintenance Fees
|KEI Post Graduate Scholarship Program (PGSP JK)||NA||INR 20,000 per annum|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ OBC/EBC/ PC/DNT Students J&K||NA||Maintenance Allowance
Payment of compulsory non-refundable fees
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, J&K||NA||From 1 Lakh to 3 Lakh|
Here is a list of key documents required to be uploaded by applicants for successful submission of the scholarship application:
- Applicant’s scanned passport-sized photograph and signature
- Domicile Certificate of J&K state
- Applicant’s Aadhaar card
- Copy of Family Income Certificate issued by Tehsildar or equivalent
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/SEBC (for claiming reservation as per State Government policy)
- Disability Certificate (if any)
- Marksheet of class 10th
- Senior Secondary (class 12th) Marksheet
- Diploma Certificate (only for lateral entry)
- Valid Phone Number and Email ID for any future communication and information
Colleges for AICTE JK Scholarship
AICTE offers various facilitation centers for candidates across the following J&K divisions. To make things easier, we have collated the list below:
Colleges in Jammu Division
|Government G.M. Science College, Jammufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Boys (Kathua)||–|
|Government College for Women Gandhi Nagar, Jammuemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Banifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Rajouriemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Boys Udhampurfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Poonchemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Rambanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Banihalemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Sambafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Mendharemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College GDC, Dodafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Reasiemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Marwah||Principalmarwah@gmail.com|
|Government Degree College, R.S.Purafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Kishtwaremail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Bhaderwah||–|
Colleges in Kashmir Division
|Sri Pratap College, Srinagarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Bijbehara||–|
|Government Degree College (Boys), Baramullaemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Anantnagfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government College (Women), M.A. Road, Srinagaremail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Chrarifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College (Boys), Soporeemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Pattanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Kulgam|
|Government Degree College (Boys), Kupwaraemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College (SAM), Budgamfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Dooruemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Tralfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Boys College, Pulwamaemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Shopianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Government Degree College, Bandiporaemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College Ganderbalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Colleges in Leh Division
|Government Degree College Kargilemail@example.com|
|Government Degree College, Lehfirstname.lastname@example.org|
AICTE JK Scholarship Course Distribution
Through the JK Scholarship, a total of 5000 scholarships are distributed among the students pursuing the following degree courses:
- General Degree: 2070 scholarships
- Engineering Degree: 2830 scholarships
- Medical/BDS or Equivalent Medical Streams: 100 scholarships
Note: The JK Scholarship application dates for the year 2020-2021 have not been announced yet.
JK Scholarship Institute Login
Institutes associated with JK Scholarship can access their portal by following this procedure:
- Click on the JK Scholarship Institute Login Portal
- Enter your Institute ID and Password
- After successful login, fill in your details on Institute, Bank Details, etc
- Next, enter the fees details
- You will be asked a few questions that you need to answer with yes or no
- Fill up academic details of previous year
- Once finished, click Submit
Check out this Help Manual by AICTE for Institute Login
How to Check the Status?
To check Jammu and Kashmir Scholarship status online, Candidates must visit the official website and log in their details (application number and password). Here is a step-by-step process to check your application status for the J&K scholarship 2021-2022:
- Visit the official website
- Login with application id, password and security code mentioned on the site
- Check the status
JK Scholarship Portal 2.0
You can access JK Scholarship through the new National Scholarship Portal. Here, you can get the latest information on JK Scholarships, apply for the scholarship and its renewal, search institutes, and get a Scheme wise Scholarship Sanctioned List all at one place.
Access the JK Scholarship Portal Here.
Terms and Conditions
- Verification of the documents at the Facilitation Centre after successfully submitting the application.
- Seat allotment by AICTE is done through online counselling only.
- The merit list of students will be displayed well before the result of the 1st round of counselling.
- The academic fee to the institution is disbursed directly by AICTE.
- The photo and signature uploaded on the online portal should be in the format .JPG/.PDF/.PNG with the size of the file not exceed 2MB.
JK Scholarship Helpline Number
Here is how you can contact the officials for AICTE JK Scholarship:
All India Council for Technical Education
Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070
Helpline Number: 0120-2446701
Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme is also known as PMSSS. It is a well known scholarship for Jammu and Kashmir students who are willing to pursue technical education after completing class 12th.
No, IITs are not approved by AICTE as they were established by the Act of Parliament 1961. All the new institutions are associated with AICTE to promote a better understanding of technical knowledge.
To apply for PMSSS or JK Scholarship, candidates need to make sure that they have taken NEET or JEE prior to the application to the scholarship. At the time of application, students will have to get their official documents evaluated!
Following documents are required to apply for JK Scholarship or the PMSSS:
– Passport size photo
– Scanned copy of the signature
– Mark sheet of class 12th
– J&K Domicil
– Aadhaar card
– Family income certificate
– Certificate of disability (if any)
We hope you behope you are now familiar with the JK Scholarship and if you’re already shortlisted for one we expect you to make the best use of this guide. Planning to pursue a professional education abroad? Feel free to reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu and find out the ideal scholarship initiatives and schemes available for Indian students aspiring to study abroad.