Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test or JKCET are conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations to offer admission to aspirants who wish to pursue a BE/B.Tech across various specialisations in Jammu and Kashmir. It is a state-level exam. Candidatesjk can apply for JKCET to pursue a BE/ B.Tech course. This entrance exam is conducted in offline mode for aspirants who wish to secure admission at government and private colleges in Jammu and Kashmir.
|Exam Name||Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Conducted by||Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
This Blog Includes:
Important Datesfor JKCET 2021
It must be noted the dates mentioned are tentative and subject to change.
|Application Form Release||14th April 2021|
|Application Form Submission Deadline||16th April 2021|
|Admit Card Release||TBA|
Eligibility Criteria for JKCET
Aspirants appearing for JKCET must meet the eligibility criteria to be considered eligible for admission. We have mentioned the eligibility criteria for JKCET below:
- Students must have appeared for XIIth and cleared it from a recognized board.
- Students must have had Physics, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects in +2 level.
- Students must have cleared XIIth with a minimum of 50%.
Students must be permanent citizens of Jammu and Kashmir to be eligible for appearing.
Students must be of 17 years minimum to apply for JKCET to be eligible for appearing for the exam age wise.
Also Read: JK Scholarship- Scholarship Details
|Socially and Educationally Backward Class||36%|
How to Apply for JKCET ?
Given below is the detailed procedure that candidates must follow for applying for the JKCET exam:
- Students must log on to the official website and Apply Online. They are required to fill in the required details to get a unique id and password to go further with the application process.
- After successful registration, students must fill the application form and make the payment through online/offline mode.
- Students must fill up the application form correctly and upload necessary scanned document images.
JKCET Exam Centres
JKCET is conducted in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in two cities –
Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates must make it a point to read the information printed on the JKCET admit card and adhere to it. They are requested to carry certain essential documents on the day of the exam, mentioned below :
- JKCET admit card
- Photo ID Proof
Also Read: JKSSB Exams
Once the results are declared for the exam a merit list containing names of the candidates who have been shortlisted is prepared. The shortlisted candidates are then called for the counselling round. In the counselling round, students are supposed to list their preferences.
Students are called for counselling round depending upon –
- Number of seats vacant
- Reservation category
- Number of seats in total
Colleges Accepting JKCET
We have listed some of the top colleges in Jammu and Kashmir Accepting JKCET scores:
- MIET, Jammu
- SSM of College Engineering, Srinagar
- GCET, Jammu
- MBS College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu
- Yogananda College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu
- Bhargava College of Engineering and Technology, Supwal Sumba
The application fees for JKCET has to be paid in the online mode. The application fee for all the categories is INR 1200.
Other Exams for BTech
- TBJEE – Eligibility, Exams, Application, Selection and More
- IBPS Exams
- KEAM Entrance Exam (Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical) 2021
- IES Exam 2021 Syllabus, Dates 2021, Fees, Vacancies
The application fees is INR 1200..
JKCET is objective based. 180 questions are asked, of which, 60 from Physics, 60 from Mathematics and 60 from Chemistry. +1 is rewarded for correct answer and -0.25 for wrong answers,
The application form for JKCET will be released on 14th April.
So, this was all about JKCET. If you have been planning to study abroad, Leverage Edu experts are here to guide you through the entire process.For more such informative content, stay connected for more such informative content!