International Medical Admission Test or IMAT is conducted by the Italian Ministry of Education University and Research to offer admission to aspirants who wish to pursue medicine in Italian universities. It is an international level exam. Candidates can apply for IMAT to pursue medical courses taught at the undergraduate level in Italy. If you are interested in applying for IMAT, read on as in this blog we shall discuss IMAT briefly.
|Exam Name||International Medical Admission Test|
|Conducted By||Italian Ministry of Education University and Research|
|Exam Level||International Level|
|Mode of Examination||Pen and Paper|
This Blog Includes:
Important Dates 2021
It must be noted the dates mentioned are tentative and subject to change.
|Application Form Release||January 12th, 2021|
|Application Form Submission Deadline||April 28th, 2021|
|IMAT Exam||September 9th, 2021|
|Result Declaration||30th September 2021|
|Ranking Publication||7th October 2021|
To be eligible for studying at medical universities in Italy, students must meet the basic eligibility criteria. We have mentioned the eligibility criteria below:
- Students must have appeared for XIIth and cleared it from a recognized board.
- Students must have secured a good score in IMAT to be eligible for admission.
- Students must complete the application form providing all the necessary information
IMAT Paper Format
IMAT is a pen and paper-based test conducted for aspirants across the globe to offer admission to Italian universities for medicine at the undergraduate level.
- The paper consists of 60 MCQ based questions. Each question has 5 options, of which candidates have to choose one.
- The duration of the test is 100 minutes.
- No calculators are provided during the test.
- For every correct answer, +1.5 is rewarded.
- For every incorrect answer, -0.4 is reduced.
- For no answer, 0 is marked.
- The maximum possible marks for the IMAT paper is 90.
- The IMAT paper is divided into 4 sections.
IMAT paper is divided into 4 sections.
- Section 1 – Logical Reasoning and GK
- Section 2 – Biology
- Section 3 – Chemistry
- Section 4 – Physics and Mathematics
Let’s have a look at the syllabus of each section now :
Section 1 – GK and Logical Reasoning
- GK – Covers matters of literature, history, philosophy, social and political culture.
- Logical Reasoning – Includes questions that assess an individual’s critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Section 2 – Biology
- Cell and its life
- Chemistry of Living Things
- Reproduction and Inheritance
- Inheritance and Environment
- Anatomy of humans and animals
- Physiology of humans and animals
Section 3 – Chemistry
- Composition of Matter
- Periodic Table
- Chemical Bond
- Atomic structure
- Fundamentals of inorganic chemistry
- Chemical Reactions and stoichiometry
- Acid, bases and salts
- Oxidation and Reduction
- Fundamentals of organic chemistry
Section 3 – Physics and Mathematics
How to Apply for IMAT?
Candidates are supposed to register through the official site. Students must log on to the official website and Apply Online. They are required to fill in the required details to get a unique id and password to go further with the application process.
IMAT Test Centres
The exam centres for IMAT are listed below. Students must choose their preferred exam centre while filling up the form.
We have listed some of the Universities In Italy that accept IMAT scores:
- University of Bari
- University of Bologna
- University of Messina
- University of Milan
- University of Milan-Bicocca
- University of Turin
- University of Siena
- University of Padova
- University of Rome
- University of Pavia
The application fees for IMAT has to be paid in the online mode. The application fee for IMAT 164 USD.
IMAT Past Papers
- Past Paper 2020
- Past Paper 2019
- Past Paper 2018
- Past Paper 2017
- Past Paper 2016
- Past Paper 2015
- Past Paper 2014
- MBBS in Italy
- Cost of Studying in Italy
- Bocconi University in Italy
- MBBS Subjects
- How to Get Direct Admission in MBBS
- MBBS in Germany- Study Medicine With No Tuition Fees!
- Which Country is Best for MBBS?
The application fees for IMAT is 164 USD.
The paper has 4 sections – Logic/Gk , Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths.
The examination is supposed to be held on 9th September 2021
So, this was all about IMAT. Facing any difficulty with the application process? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to guide you through. Stay connected for more such informative content!