Want to pursue your undergraduate studies at the top academic institutions abroad? Then, you will be essentially required to take the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) especially if you are applying for a university in the US, Canada, or Australia? Conducted by the College Board, the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) evaluates student on four parameters, i.e. writing, reading and mathematics. The overall SAT scoring range accepted by most universities and colleges abroad is 400-1600. For those who are aiming for a promising score in SAT, there are plentiful scholarship schemes you can avail to fund your education abroad! This blog takes you through the top SAT scholarships which you must consider while gearing up for this exam!
Also Read: SAT Syllabus
This Blog Includes:
SAT Exam: Main Highlights
Before we comprehensively list down SAT scholarships, let’s first take a look into the main features of the exam.
|Exam Name||Scholastic Assessment Test|
|Conducted body||College Board|
|Administered by||Educational Testing Service|
|Mode of exam||Paper-pencil|
|Main sections||Writing, Reading and Mathematics (Essay-dicontinued)|
Quick Read: How to Crack SAT in 3 Months?
List of SAT Scholarships 2021
Let’s take a detailed look at few of the above mentioned scholarships:
- Colorado Christian University Honors Scholarship – Colorado Christian University offers several merit-based scholarships to international students as well. CCU is considered to be the leading interdenominational Christian college in the Rocky Mountain area.
- SAT combined score of 1410 and above
- Students must maintain a cumulative 3.5 or above GPA at CCU
- Texas A&M University Scholarship -Each scholarship offered by the Texas A&M program includes a $1,000 award for a year of study abroad.
- 3.5 overall GPR
- A combined score of 1360 on the new SAT or 1300 on the old SAT
- CGCS Bernard Harris Scholarship Program – The scholarship was formulated by former NASA astronaut Dr Bernard Harris and established mainly to encourage minority students to pursue college degrees.
- Applicants must be accepted for full-time enrollment at a four-year college or university in the next academic year
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in STEM courses.
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation – The Jackie Robinson Foundation provides scholarships to minority high school students showing the potential of up to $30,000 over four years.
- SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21
- Candidates must not possess a degree from a 2 or 4–year College at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- OCCACCF Scholarship – The OCCACC Foundation aims to help students by reaching out to those who might have succeeded both inside and outside of the classroom – but face difficulty without financial assistance.
- The applicant must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- SAT score of not less than 1100
- Furman University Scholars Program – Furman is a private liberal arts university that was founded in 1826 and is the oldest institution of its kind located in North Carolina.
- High school GPA of 3.5 or above
- combined SAT score of at least 1360
- Exxon Scholarship – The ExxonMobile Engineering Scholarship is offered by The LULAC – League of United Latin American Citizens – National Educational Service Centers and rewards high school seniors who wish to pursue engineering.
- SAT score of 1350
- 3.5 or higher cumulative
Score-Wise List of SAT Scholarships
The SAT score range is between 400-1600 and the section range for the exam is 200-800. We have curated a list of SAT scholarships you can choose from in between the overall score range of 400-1600 along with the last date of applying for these scholarships for the year 2020-21.
|SAT Scholarships||Amount||Due Date|
|5 Strong Scholarship||$40,000[30,52,720 INR]||31.12.2021|
|Actuarial Diversity Scholarship||$4,000[3,05,272 INR]||—|
|CGCS- Bernard Harris Scholarship Program||$5,000[3,81,600 INR]||04.05.2021|
|Chicago Engineers Foundation Awards forGraduating HS Seniors||$1,000[76,320 INR]||15.05.2021|
|Knowledge Is Key Scholarship||$1,000[76,320 INR]||30.03.2021|
|Michigan Retailers Association Scholarships||$1,500[1,14,480 INR]||—|
|New Jersey State Golf Association Caddie Scholarship||$3,000[2,28,960 INR]||01.03.2021|
|Selby Scholarship||$7,000[534,230 INR]||25.03.2021|
|The Full Impact Scholarship Award||$1,000[76,320 INR]||22.03.2021|
|The Jackie Robinson Foundation||$30,000[22,89,540 INR]||01.02.2021|
SAT Score (1000 -1200)
|SAT Scholarships||Amount||Due Date|
|Ave Maria University MichiganHomeschooled Faith Scholarship||$9,000[6,86,900 INR]||To be announced soon|
|Christa McAuliffe Teacher Incentive Program||$5,000[3,81,600 INR]||04.06.2021|
|College of Saint Rose Academic Scholarships||$22,000[16,79,000 INR]||15.02.2021|
|Deana’s Wish Memorial Scholarship||$2,000[1,52,636 INR]||01.03.2021|
|Eaton Family Credit Union Member Scholarships||$5,000[3,81,600 INR]||31.03.2021|
|Hudson & Holland Scholars Program||$6,000[4,57,908 INR]||01.03.2021|
|Joshua David Gardner Memorial Scholarship||$2,000[1,52,636 INR]||30.04.2021|
|MSU Non-resident Scholarship||$15,000[11,44,770 INR]||To be announced soon|
|OCCACCF Scholarship||$20,000[15,26,360 INR]||16.03.2021|
|The Edmund F. Maxwell Foundation||$20,000[15,26,360 INR]||30.04.2021|
Also Read: SAT Eligibility Criteria
SAT Score (1201 – 1400)
|SAT Scholarships||Amount||Due date|
|Colorado Christian University Trustees’Scholarship||$68,000[51,89,630 INR]||To be announced soon|
|Engebretson Foundation Scholarship||$10,000[7,63,180 INR]||01.03.2021|
|ExxonMobil/LNESC Scholarship||$20,000[15,26,360 INR]||15.04.2021|
|Furman University Furman Scholars Program||$20,000[15,26,360 INR]||—|
|Gill-Elliott Scholarship||$2,000[1,52,636 INR]||04.03.2021|
|Miami University (OH) Merit Scholarships||$36,000[27,47,450 INR]||01.12.2021|
|NJCPA Four Year Scholarship||$7,000[5,34,230 INR]||08.01.2021|
|Patrick and Eileen Smyth Endowed Scholarship||$7,500[5,72,390 INR]||30.04.2021|
|Principia College President’s Scholarship||$36,500[27,85,610 INR]||01.03.2021|
|Texas A&M University – McFadden Scholarship||$10,000[7,63,200 INR]||15.12.2021|
|The Kim and Harold Louie Family FoundationScholarship Program||$25,000[19,07,950 INR]||15.03.2021|
SAT Score (1401 – 1600)
|SAT Scholarships||Amount||Due date|
|Colorado Christian University Honors Scholarship||$7,000[5,34,230 INR]||To be announced soon|
$40,000 College Board Scholarships for SAT
The College Board which is the official conducting body of the SAT exam has also announced a whopping amount of 40,000 USD SAT scholarships for students in need of financial assistance for their college education. To avail these scholarships, you are required to complete certain steps at the official website of the College Board Opportunities. The following table elucidates these steps as well as the amount you will gain after completing each action:
|Build Your College List||$500[38,160 INR]|
|Practice for the SAT||$1000[76,320 INR]|
|Improve Your Score||$2000[1,52,636 INR]|
|Strengthen Your College List||$1000[76,320 INR]|
|Complete the FAFSA||$1000[76,320 INR]|
|Apply to Colleges||$1000[76,320 INR]|
Note: The aforementioned to USD to INR conversion throughout the blog is carried out on the conversion rate of $1=76.32 INR and is subject to change.
Yes, there is a multitude of scholarships you can choose from the overall SAT score range of 400-1600. Furthermore, the College Board also offers SAT scholarships for completing certain steps of the SAT exam application like build your college list, practice for the SAT, to name a few.
Yes, there are a plethora of scholarships available for those appearing for the SAT. These scholarships are spread across the score range of SAT, i.e. 400-1600 thus giving everyone a chance to get the financial assistance for their college education. Further, numerous universities and colleges abroad also offer merit-based scholarships for SAT.
1360 is considered as a higher score in the SAT. marvellous SAT score. This score indicates that you are performed brilliantly in sections like reading, writing and mathematics. This score will place you amongst the top 90% of the scorers on the national level.
Thus, we hope that this blog has provided you with a comprehensive list of SAT scholarships. Preparing for the SAT exam? Book an online demo session with our Leverage Edu experts and we will assist in devising the right strategy as well as equip you with the best study material to ace your SAT exam with a higher score!