A Career in Hotel Management is a blend of daily business activities and customer service. The field demands excellent communication skills along with outstanding management skills. A Hotel Management professional needs to be on their toes while on duty. But it also comes with various perks like working in a reputed system with well-behaved colleagues, getting lucrative salaries and a chance to work anywhere across the world! This program is also one of the choicest ones among Indian students planning to move out for higher studies. The best place to study Hotel Management in South Asia is Singapore. Ranging from affordable tuition fees to promising educational training, it is a convenient study destination for Indian students. In this blog, we will try to understand the scope of Hotel Management in Singapore!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Hotel Management in Singapore?`
- Career in Hotel Management
- Hotel Management Courses in Singapore
- Best Hotel Management Colleges in Singapore
- Tuition Fees for Hotel Management in Singapore
- Hotel Management Career Scope
Why Study Hotel Management in Singapore?`
- Singapore has always been a hub for tourism. The hospitality business in Singapore makes up 4 % of its GDP by receiving hordes of international visitors throughout the year. It is amongst the fastest-growing economies and incredibly famous for business travellers and tourists from all around the world.
- With over 500 hotels, the hospitality industy in Singapore is a blooming enterprise. It clocks in billions of dollors from hotel rooms and services.
- The country homes some of the most popular and luxury hotels such as The Ritz, Shangri-La, Mandarin Oriental Singapore, St-Regis which makes it an apt place to get all the required exposure to be a part of the hospitality industry.
- The country’s top-notch educational institutions are offer multidisciplinary courses in Hotel Management along with internships will ensure that you land your perfect job after graduation.
- Hotel Management colleges in Singapore are solely focusing on domestic as well as international markets.
Career in Hotel Management
Hotel Management Courses in Singapore
Here is a list of popular Hotel Management courses that you can pursue in Singapore:
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Business (International Hotel and Resort Management)
- Bachelor of Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality)
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Event Management) – Masters Pathway
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management – Event Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management BSc (Honours) International Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Hospitality & Leadership Management
- Bachelor of Business in Hospitality and Tourism Management and Marketing (International)
- Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management
- Master of Tourism, Hotel and Event Management – Event Management
- Master of International Hotel Management
- Master of International Hotel Management
- MSc International Tourism Management
- MSc in Strategic Hotel Management
- MA in Hotel Business Management
- MSc in International Management and Leadership with Hospitality
- Master of Science in International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Master of Science in Business with Hospitality and Tourism Management
Wondering what are the benefits of studying PG courses in Singapore?
Find out in our blog Masters in Singapore!
Diploma, PG Diploma & Certificate
- Certificate in Food & Beverage Operations
- Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Wellness, Lifestyle and Spa Management
- Diploma in International Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Diploma in Hospitality Management (Food and Beverage Service)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Hospitality Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Before you move on to the best universities for Hotel Management in Singapore,
have a look at the Hotel Management subjects!
Best Hotel Management Colleges in Singapore
Colleges in Singapore are well equipped in terms of robust research infrastructure, multidisciplinary courses and affordable education. Have a look at the top universities offering Hotel Management in Singapore:
|PSB Academy||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Hospitality and Tourism Management|
|James Cook University||Bachelor of Business (Hospitality & Tourism Management)|
|Nanyang Technological University||Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Hospitality & Leadership Management
Diploma in Hospitality Management
Diploma in Hotel Management
Bachelor of Hospitality Management.
|Amity Global Institute||Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Tourism Management|
|Kaplan Higher Education Academy||Bachelor of Business in Hospitality and Tourism Management and Marketing (International)|
|East Asia Institute of Management-Queen Margaret University||BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management|
|The University of Nevada, Singapore||Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management|
|EHL Campus (Singapore)||Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management|
|Anglo Chinese International School||Diploma in Hospitality Management
Diploma in Hotel Management.
|Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)||Diploma in Hospitality Management
Diploma in Hotel Management.
Tuition Fees for Hotel Management in Singapore
The total fees for a hotel management course differ from college to college in Singapore. Here is a breakdown of the estimated degree-wise fees:
|Bachelors||INR 10 Lakhs|
|Diploma||INR 6 Lakhs|
|PG Diploma||INR 9.0 Lakhs|
|Masters||INR 15 Lakhs|
Hotel Management Career Scope
Hotel Management has a lot of different careers for passing out students, ranging from Finance to Food Production. Apart from working in hotels and restaurants, there are various other Hotel Management jobs available for the candidates like:
- Hotel General Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Hospitality Executive
- Hospitality Manager
- Catering Sales Manager
- Housekeeping Manager
- Strategic Partnership Manager
- Guest Service Associate
- General / Operations Manager
- Customer Service Team Leader
Hotel Management can be a lucrative field in Singapore. With millions of people travelling for business and leisure to the country, hospitality is a thriving business for the country. According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a Hotel Manager in Singapore can be INR 55,92,876 or more.
- Airline Catering
- Forest Lodges Chef
- Food Stylist
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Tour Manager
- Hospital Administration & Catering
- Hospitality services in various MNC’s
- Self-employment / Entrepreneur
- Club Management
- Kitchen Management
Top Recruiters in Hotel Management
- Hilton Singapore
- The Fullerton Hotel
- Marina Bay Sands
- Lion Brewery
- Singapore Airlines
- Hyatt Hotels
- Swissotel Hotels and Resorts
- Four Seasons
- St Regis Hotel
- Zuzu Hospitality
- Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts, Singapore
- First Student
- Butler Singapore
It is one of the intriguing fields of study which primarily deals with the business operations of hotels, restaurants, amusement parks, conventional centres etc. Moreover, it deals with the nuances of tourism development and related tourism services.
For holistic understanding, hospitality management is all about guest service and operational management in terms of accommodation, dining as well as other related services.
There are renowned countries around the world considering the best for tourism study. Some of them include; Singapore, Switzerland, Sweden, United States, Spain, Austria, Netherlands, India etc.
Hope this comprehensive blog has helped you with quintessential information related to Hotel Management in Singapore. Want to do away with the daunting admission process of getting admission to the top universities? Let the experts at Leverage Edu facilitate your overseas education journey. Book your free career counselling and get your career started!