Humans are social beings with an innate desire for new experiences which translates to our urge for travel and adventure! In a globalized world, there is a demand for professionals who understand how to make every traveller’s journey hassle-free. The hospitality industry is booming and a major part of it is because of the hotel management business. So if you are someone who is looking for what to do after their 12th, here is a blog detailing the varied about hotel management course after 12th that you can consider.
Must Read: How to Become an Event Planner or Coordinator?
This Blog Includes:
- List of Top Hotel Management courses After class 12
- List of Top Hotel Management courses (PG) :
- List of Diploma and Certificate Courses After 10th.
- Hotel Management Courses after 12th
- Percentage Required & Eligibility
- Top Hotel Management Colleges
- Top Universities Abroad
- Scope and Jobs
- Salary after Hotel Management Courses
|Hotel Management Courses after 12th||Diploma in Hotel Management
BBA in Hotel Management
Bachelor in Hotel and Event Management
|Fees||1.5 Lakhs to 2 Lakhs (India)
10 Lakhs to 30 Lakhs (Abroad)
|Salary||4 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs|
|Top Colleges in India||Institute of Hotel Management (IHM)
Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
SRM Institute of Hotel Management
|Top Colleges Abroad||Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (EHL), Switzerland
Hotel School, The Hague
|Jobs||Hotel Manager, Event Planner, Cabin Crew, Catering Manager, Sous Chef|
List of Top Hotel Management courses After class 12
These are the top courses for hotel management after class 12.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- BA in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hospitality, travel & tourism
- BBA in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management
List of Top Hotel Management courses (PG) :
Here are the top hotel management postgraduation courses for students to pursue.
- Master of Hotel Management (MHM)
- Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management
- MBA Hospitality
List of Diploma and Certificate Courses After 10th.
There are many Diploma and Certificate courses that can be pursued after the 10th. Here are a few of the popular courses after 10th in hotel management.
- Diploma Courses after 10th
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Diploma in Front Office Operations
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
- Diploma in Food and Catering Technology
- Certificate Courses after 10th
- Certificate in Food and Beverages Production
- Certificate in Front Office Operation
- Certificate in Housekeeping
- Certificate in Hotel and Catering Management
Hotel Management Courses after 12th
Being an expanding industry offering an array of career opportunities, the hotel and hospitality sector is always in need of proficient individuals who can efficiently handle the responsible managerial role it comprises. Below mentioned is a comprehensive list of Hotel Management courses after 12th:
|Name of Course||Duration|
|Diploma in Hotel Management||1 Year|
|BBA in Hotel Management||3 to 4 Years|
|BA in International Hotel and Tourism Management||3 to 4 Years|
|Bachelor in Event and Leisure Management||3 to 4 Years|
|Bachelor of International Hotel and Resort Management||3 to 4 Years|
|Bachelor in International Hospitality Management||3 to 4 Years|
|Bachelor in International Hotel Management||3 to 4 Years|
|Bachelor in Hotel and Event Management||3 to 4 Years|
|BSc in Hotel Management and Catering||3 to 4 Years|
|Bachelor in Hotel Management||3 to 4 Years|
Some of these Hotel management programs at the undergraduate level have been elaborated in the following section:
B.Sc. in Hotel Management and Catering
This course lasts for about three years. This course emphasizes both the theoretical and practical approach to hotel management studies. You are eligible for this course after 12th if you have completed your education in the science stream.
Bachelor of Hotel Management
Bachelor of Hotel Management is a four-year undergraduate degree divided into 8 semesters. Promising to groom students for both hotel and tourism management, this course will give you the chance to explore and learn through many good opportunities. If you have completed your senior secondary course with a minimum aggregate of 45-50% from a recognized board and school in any stream you are eligible for this course. For those wanting to gain as much knowledge as possible, this one from the aforementioned list of hotel management courses after 12th is the ideal option.
Diploma in Hotel Management
This course promises both theoretical and practical knowledge of the industry. You are eligible to apply after completing your senior secondary exams. Depending on the institute, even students who have just cleared their secondary exams can apply. If you are searching for short-term programs amongst the hotel management courses after 12th, this is the right one to explore your interests and assess if this field aligns with your career aspirations.
BBA in Hotel Management
This course is basically a Bachelors in Business Administration with a specialisation in Hotel Management. Pursuing this course will benefit you if you want to take care of the management duties of the hotel industry. You get to develop the management skills required for the hotel industry. Students who have passed their senior secondary course, in any stream, can register for this course.
Quick Read: Hotel Management Subjects
Percentage Required & Eligibility
If you are planning to study Hotel Management courses after 12th in India, the minimum percentage required is 50% in any stream, be it Arts, Commerce or Science. Thus, you can choose any stream after 10th to study Hotel Management after 12th.
Here are the basic eligibility and admission requirements for Hotel Management courses:
- The applicant must have completed their senior secondary education (10+2) from a recognized board of education as well as with the minimum marks prescribed by their chosen university.
- For Hotel Management courses after 12th, the aspirant might be required to clear the entrance exam conducted by the university, if applicable.
- In order to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management abroad, you must also provide language proficiency scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc. along with your academic transcripts, an SOP and LORs.
Note: The above-mentioned prerequisites are only for indicative purposes. Candidates are required to check the official website of their chosen institution before applying for a program.
Must Read: Eligibility for Hotel Management in Canada
Top Hotel Management Colleges
Getting your bachelor’s degree from a reputed college is always an advantage. Here are the top Hotel Management colleges in India:
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- SRM Institute of Hotel Management
- GGSIPU, Delhi
- Chandigarh University
- Amity University
- International Institute of Hotel Management
- University of Calicut
The fees for hotel management courses vary according to the course level and institution. For diploma courses, the average fee is INR 50,000-1,00,000. For a graduation course, universities usually charge between INR 2,00,000-4,00,000. The fee for students who wish to pursue postgraduation courses ranges between INR 60,000-4,00,000.
Top Universities Abroad
Listed below are some of the best international universities and colleges offering hotel management courses after 12th:
- Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (EHL), Switzerland
- University of California, Irvine
- Hotel School, The Hague
- International College of Tourism and Management
- The University of Queensland
- Royal Roads University
- University of West London
- Bond University
- University of Guelph
- Auckland Institute of Studies
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- University of Gloucestershire
- Sheffield Hallam University
Check Out the Complete List at Best Hotel Management Colleges in the World
Scope and Jobs
The hotel management courses after 12th prepare you to handle all the departments and responsibilities in a hotel. You are trained to develop team management and leadership qualities so that you can maintain or even help elevate the standards of the hotel you will be working in. You are expected to have a strong eye for detail and have well-rounded knowledge in reference to operations, client relations, finance handling, etc in order to build a strong career in Hotel Management. Your day to day responsibilities differ based on the kind and size of the hotel you are working for.
There are several opportunities in the dynamic hotel and tourism industry. Some of the job areas are:
- Club Management
- Event Management
- Airline Catering
- Hospital administration and catering
- Guest Houses and resorts
- Kitchen Management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
Further, take a look at the prominent job prospects you can explore after completing a degree in Hotel Management:
- Hotel Manager
- Customer Service Executive
- Restaurant Manager
- Catering Manager
- Event Planner/Manager
- Travel Agent
- Sous Chef
- Conference Centre Manager
- Air Cabin Crew
- Catering Executive
- Business Development Executive
Further, you can also pursue a master’s degree or PG Diploma after completing a bachelors in Hotel Management. Here are the top courses after Hotel Management courses after 12th:
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MBA in Event Management
- PG Diploma in Hotel Management
- PG Diploma in Event Management
- MBA in Airline/Airport Management
- Masters in Travel and Tourism Management
- MBA In Event Management and Public Relations
- MSc Tourism and Hotel Management
Salary after Hotel Management Courses
The average salary for Hotel Management graduates in India ranges from 2 Lakhs per annum to 20 Lakhs per annum. Take a look at the average salary for various Hotel Management jobs in India:
|Job Opportunities in Hotel Management||Salary Package|
|General Manager||7 Lakhs to 14 Lakhs per annum|
|Event Manager||3 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs per annum|
|Front Office Manager||2 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs per annum|
|Chef||2 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs per annum|
|Bartender||1.5 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs per annum|
|Food and Beverage Manager||3 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs per annum|
|Executive Housekeeper||4 Lakhs to 9 Lakhs per annum|
Thus, opting for Hotel Management courses after 12th, you can avail a multitude of job opportunities in this ever-growing sector. Choosing an unconventional course like hotel management can seem daunting, but you don’t have to worry if it is the right course for you. Let the experts at Leverage Edu help you decide if that course is best suited for your strengths.