Are you excited about your new job in Singapore? Do you aspire to establish a business in the country? If yes, then, Singapore work visa for Indians will enable you to enter the beautiful country. Singapore allows international citizens to pursue a job or carry out a business in the country if you possess the right type of work visa. So, if after studying in Singapore you want to work, then here is a blog that aims to highlight the types, necessary documents, fees, and other essential details pertaining to obtaining a work visa for Singapore.
This Blog Includes:
Types of Singapore Work Visa for Indians
Just as Singapore student visa is mandatory to pursue an educational program in the country, Singapore Work visa is compulsory if you have secured a job or want to start a business there. Depending upon the type of your employment, there are majorly 3 types of Singapore work visa for Indians. Tabulated below are their details-
|Employment Pass||Foreign Professionals|
|Personalised Employment Pass||Existing Employment Pass Holders or Foreign Professionals|
Now that you are aware of the types of visas for Indian nationals to work in Singapore, let us now take a deeper look at each of the aforementioned categories.
If you are an Indian citizen who has recently secured a job as a Professional, Manager, or Executive in Singapore and possess the requisite qualifications, then you will have to apply for this type of work visa. As a fresh candidate, the pass duration will be for 2 years.
To apply for a Singapore Work VISA for Indians under this visa category, make sure you fulfill the below-mentioned parameters.
- You must have a job offer letter from an employer based in Singapore
- The post should be at the managerial, executive, or specialised levels.
- You must earn at least $ 3,900 a month.
- You must have an acceptable qualification from a recognised university.
The enlisted documents must be handy while applying for the Employment Pass for Singapore:
- A valid passport with personal particulars page
- Coloured passport-sized photograph (not older than 3 months)
- Letter of Introduction (LOI)
- Company’s latest business profile registered with ACRA
- Marksheets of all the semesters
Employment Pass for Singapore will cost you $ 150 (INR 11,300) when you submit the application and $ 225 (INR 17,000) when the pass is issued.
Out of all the Singapore work visa for Indians, EntrePass allows you to establish your own business in the country. However, it comes with certain limitations and conditions, let us go through them.
All the candidates, who are looking forward to applying for this type of visa must satisfy the below-listed requirements:
- Candidates must have started or intend to start, a private limited company that is registered with ACRA.
- The registered company must be less than 6 months old from the date of registration.
- You must meet any of the mentioned innovative criteria for application as mentioned on the official website.
EntrePass for Singapore will cost you $ 70 (INR 3,800) and can take anywhere between 7-8 weeks to process.
Personalised Employment Pass
All those who earn a comparatively higher amount than $ 3,900 and are existing Employment Pass Holders or overseas foreign professional, they have to opt for Personalised Employment Pass, out of all the Singapore work visa for Indians.
- An overseas foreign professional with last drawn fixed monthly salary of $ 18,000.
- Your last drawn salary must be within 6 months of the application of a visa.
- An Employment Pass holder earning at least $ 12,000 a month.
Employment Pass for Singapore will cost you $ 105 (INR 5,700) when you submit the application and $ 225 (INR 17,000) when the pass is issued.
Thus, we hope that through this blog, you are now clear about the Singapore work visa for Indians. Want to explore postgraduation options in Singapore but are not sure how to go about it? Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu and they will help you shortlist the best program, university, and will also provide assistance in completing the modal application formalities!