Bachelor of Veterinary Science(BVSc) is the ideal degree option for applicants who love animals and desire to study medicinal science to cure animal ailments. The program is also known as B.V.Sc, and it provides instruction that allows graduates to diagnose and treat animal ailments, illnesses, and disorders. If you are a true zoophilist and want to profess your love for animals by gaining medical acumen then a Bachelor of Veterinary Science is for you!
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Bachelor’s in Veterinary Science?
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science Entrance Exams
- Admission Process
- Top Universities Abroad for Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Top Colleges in India for BVSc Courses
- Jobs and Salaries After Bachelor of Veterinary Science
|Course Duration||5 years|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 5 lacs|
|Job Positions||Veterinary Doctors, Veterinary Officers, Veterinary Research Assistants, Veterinary Surgeons, Animal Breeders, Social Workers, etc|
What is a Bachelor’s in Veterinary Science?
The Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc) degree in veterinary medicine provides world-class scientific and clinical training. This fascinating course draws on our long veterinary tradition while also taking a novel approach to combining technology advancements, clinical and scientific advancements, and engaging teaching and learning approaches. You’ll learn essential problem-solving, communication, and team-working skills as well as a solid grasp of the science that underpins veterinary practice and research.
This thorough curriculum will assist you in gaining a fundamental biological understanding of normal bodily function and disease, as well as the capacity to discern the pathological from the normal, avoid disease, and properly manage animal production operations. You’ll also look at ways to advance veterinary knowledge via research, as well as build the knowledge and abilities needed to diagnose and treat illness and alleviate suffering, as well as the professional skills needed to work and communicate successfully in practice. In the nations where it is conferred, the degree is usually necessary for becoming a veterinarian.
Bachelor of Veterinary Science Entrance Exams
For admission to bachelor’s degrees in Veterinary Sciences, the ‘All India Pre Veterinary Test (AIPVT) was used. NEET scores, on the other hand, have been taken into account for admission to BVSc since 2017. The following is a list of some of the entrance exams that are used to determine admission to BVSc:
|Exam name||Exam Date|
|AAU VET||September 2022|
|UP Veterinary entrance exam||June 2022|
|BHU UET||April 2022|
The minimum Eligibility Criteria for admission in Bachelor of Veterinary Science:
- A minimum of 50% in class 12th with (PCMB) (physics, chemistry, and biology) as obligatory courses is required.
- Admission to BVSc requires that you be at least 18 years old. The highest age limit, however, is 25 years.
- In terms of age, reserved category candidates are given a one-year advantage. Candidates from scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, as well as other reserved categories, are given a 5% mark relaxation.
English Proficiency Requirements
The following are the minimum English proficiency requirements for studying Bachelor of Veterinary Science Abroad:
|Australia||(IELTS score of 7.0) is required for entry into the Bachelor of Veterinary Science course in Australia|
|UK||(IELTS score of 6.0+) is required for entry into Bachelor of Veterinary Science in the UK|
|US||(IELTS score of 7.0+) is required for entry into the Bachelor of Veterinary Science course in the US|
|Canada||(IELTS score of 6.5+)is required for entry into the Bachelor of Veterinary Science course in Canada|
Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you to apply for a bachelor of Veterinary Science course:
- The entrance exam results determine admission to the undergraduate Veterinary program.
- Examine the qualifying requirements and take the BVSc entrance test.
- After the shortlisting, admission to the colleges will start with the counseling round.
- A college admission will be granted based on the examination score and the admission quota.
- Make your admissions fees and reserve your spot.
Top Universities Abroad for Bachelor of Veterinary Science
The top universities that offer Bachelor of Veterinary Science degrees are listed below according to the QS World University Rankings 2022:
|University||QS Top University Subject Rankings 2022|
|The University of Sydney||#38|
|The University of Queensland||#47|
|The University of Guelh in Canada||#352|
|The University of Winnipeg||#672|
|University of Surrey||#272|
|University of Stirling||#471|
|Cornell University in the United States||#230|
Also Check Out: Top Universities in the World 2022
Top Colleges in India for BVSc Courses
Veterinary colleges can be found in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh, and other Indian states. The following are the top universities that offer bachelor’s degrees in Veterinary Sciences:
- Anand Agricultural University (College of Veterinary Science and animal husbandry)
- Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
- Junagadh Agriculture University
- Navsari Agricultural University
- Bihar Agricultural University
- West Bengal University of animal and fishery Sciences
- Orissa University of agricultural technology
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bikaner
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute
Jobs and Salaries After Bachelor of Veterinary Science
As per your choice and interest of specialization, you can practice veterinary with a valid license. There are several options for choosing a career and pursuing professionalism.
|Social Workers for Animals||3,15,247|
Do you want to study Veterinary Science in another country? Contact our Leverage Edu specialists and counselors at 1800572000 for end-to-end help with everything from choosing the proper university to the Visa application procedure.