The UK is among the leading study-abroad destinations. Many universities in the UK are known for their undergraduate courses. BSc in the UK is generally a three to four-year-long degree. This degree helps students to develop their mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills. BSc is awarded to students in natural science, business and management, engineering, mathematics, and informatics. In this blog, we have discussed pursuing a Bsc in the UK.
This Blog Includes:
Top Reasons to Study in the UK
The UK is one of the most preferred study-abroad destinations. The following are the reasons why many students choose to study in the UK:
- The UK is known for providing a world-class education to students.
- It is the home of many top-ranking universities in the world.
- The UK offers many post-study work opportunities.
- It offers a wide range of courses for students to choose from.
- All universities in the UK offer multiple scholarship opportunities to students.
- Students will get to experience different cultures and diversities.
- It provides a supportive environment for students to learn and grow.
- British standards of education are globally recognized.
The following are the top-ranking universities for BSc programs in the UK:
|Universities||QS World Ranking 2023|
|University of Oxford||4|
|University of Cambridge||2|
|Imperial College London||6|
|University College London (UCL)||8|
|London School of Economics and Political Science||56|
|The University of Edinburgh||15|
|The University of Manchester||28|
|University of Warwick||64|
|University of Glasgow||81|
|King’s College London||37|
Popular BSc Courses in the UK
The following are the popular BSc courses in the UK:
|Course||Duration||Average Tuition Fees||In INR|
|BSc (Hons) Psychology||3-4 years||35,517 GBP||34.28 Lakh|
|BSc in Biology||3 years||26,000 GBP||25.09 Lakh|
|BSc Computer Science||3 years||30,000 GBP||28.95 Lakh|
|BSc Chemistry||3 years||27,000 GBP||26.06 Lakh|
|BSc Physics with Astrophysics||3-5 year||27,000 GBP||26.06 Lakh|
|BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance||3-4 years||29,160 GBP||28.14 Lakh|
|BSc (Hons) Business Management with Law||3 years||13,500 GBP||13.03 Lakh|
|BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences||3-4 years||14,750 GBP||14.23 Lakh|
|BSc (Hons) Public Health||3 years||14,000 GBP||13.51 Lakh|
|BSc Physiotherapy||3 years||18,500 GBP||17.85 Lakh|
An applicant must meet all the following eligibility criteria to pursue bachelors in the UK:
- An applicant must have completed their Higher Secondary Education from a recognized institute.
- A candidate must have a minimum aggregate of 60% in their 10+2 education.
- An applicant may be required to submit proof of English language proficiency like IELTS – 6.5 or above or TOEFL – 70 points.
- A candidate must be asked to submit a Letter of Recommendation and a Statement of Purpose.
The following are the documents required to pursue a BSc in the UK:
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Proof of Financial Stability
- Reference letter
- Letters of recommendations
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes: the fall intake and the winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to pursue BSc in the UK:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Cost of Living in the UK
The average cost of living in the UK for an international student range from GBP 900 to 1300 or INR 82,866 – 1.19 Lacs per month. However, this cost can vary depending on the city of your stay. The following are the cost of basic amenities in the UK:
|Basic Utilities||100 GBP||9,207|
The following are the scholarships offered in the UK to international students:
|St. Patrick’s Day Greening Scholarship||EUR 500||42,413|
|September Undergraduate Scholarships||EUR 2000||1.69 Lakh|
|Lincoln University Undergraduate Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship||EUR 3000||2.54 Lakh|
|Westpac Southland Scholarship||EUR 590||50,047|
|The Hardship Fund||EUR 2200||1.86 Lakh|
A. The average cost of living in the UK for an international student range from GBP 900 to 1300 or INR 82,866 – 1.19 Lacs per month.
A. the University of Oxford, the University of Cambridge, and Imperial College London are some of the top universities in the UK to pursue a bachelor of science.
A. BSc in the UK is generally a three to a four-year-long degree.
Well, we hope that we have provided you with the relevant information on BSc in the UK. And if you are planning to pursue a bachelor’s of science in the UK or any other course in any other country, feel free to contact Leverage Edu or call us at 1800-572-000, and book your free counselling session today!