You might have come across platforms like Netflix, IMDb and Paypal. One thing which is common among them is that they are always up to date and user-friendly. Thanks to the programming team who works tirelessly to make these more interactive and easy to use. With the upsurge of OTT, e-commerce and other online platforms, the need to make the online world more accessible and inclusive has become central. Scripting Languages play a pivotal role in the improvisation of applications and websites.
Here are some top Reasons Why Everyone Should Learn to Code now!
This Blog Includes:
- What is Scripting Language?
- Characteristics of Scripting Language
- Types of Scripting Language
- Pros and Cons of Scripting Languages
- Requirements for Studying Scripting Languages
- Best Computer Programming Universities Abroad
- Best Computer Programming Colleges in India
What is Scripting Language?
Characteristics of Scripting Language
Some of the prominent characteristics of scripting language are as follows:
- It is open-source, which means a user can have full control to view and edit it.
- It is easy to learn and work with.
- Comparatively faster to develop than an actual program.
- It has a limited number of data structures which makes it easy to write and edit.
- The language is beneficial to bring interactivity in web pages.
- It helps in creating new applications in web browsers.
- It is used to create plug-ins and extensions.
Want to get admission to your dream university abroad? Then, Register Here!
Types of Scripting Language
Scripting languages are classified into two types:
- Server-side scripting language: A web server is where server-side scripting languages are executed. When a client submits an HTTP request, the server responds by delivering content. One important advantage of server-side scripts is that they are not visible to the general public, as client-side scripts are. The following are examples of server-side scripting languages:
- Client-side scripting language: This, on the other hand, executes on the client’s end—in their web browser. Client-side scripts have the advantage of reducing server demand, allowing web pages to load quicker. The following are examples of client-side scripting languages:
Note: The only important distinction between the two is that the former needs the processing of a server.
Although there are many scripting languages, some of the most popular ones have been discussed below:
Bash: Unix Shell and Command Language
The language works with the Linux interface. Compared to other languages, it is easy to use Bash. It has a detailed user guide that describes tools in the command line. It creates reusable scripts and documentation which makes it easy for other people to work on the same project.
Node.js: Open Source Server Environment
Ruby: Dynamic, Open Source Programming Language
It is widely used in the process of web development. Besides this, data analysis, prototyping, and proof of concepts are some of the other applications of the language. A highly advanced and object-oriented, Ruby is one of the common Scripting Languages.
Python: High-level Programming Language
Python is a high-level dynamically typed and interpreted free language that is used to develop application prototypes. One of the most hyped programming languages, it is procedure-oriented and object-oriented.
Here’s an aspirant guide to know How to Become a Software Engineer?
Pros and Cons of Scripting Languages
Let’s now walk you through some of the pros and cons of using scripting languages:
Scripting languages have several advantages over other programming languages. For starters, they are open-source which allows people from all over the world to contribute to the process of progress. Other advantages include:
- It is simple to switch between operating systems.
- Scripting language enhances the visual appeal of online sites.
- It is easy to learn and write in comparison with other languages .
- Scripts can be used as a software prototype, saving time on test projects.
- It assists in the insertion of visualisation interfaces and combinations into web pages.
- Scripting languages are highly demanded for modern web sites.
- To build improved web sites, captivated visual descriptions such as background and foreground colours, and so forth are required.
- No requirement to compile, although occasionally it is necessary.
There aren’t many disadvantages to utilising scripting languages. Mentioned below are some of the cons of scripting languages in general:
- One disadvantage is that some businesses do not want their scripts viewed by everyone, therefore they employ server-side scripts to prevent revealing them to the public.
- Installing an interpretation programme might also be difficult.
- Finally, scripts might be slower than programmes at times.
Want to add the title of Harvard to your CV/Resume? Pursue these Harvard’s New Free Online Courses for Programmers
Requirements for Studying Scripting Languages[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
Scripting Languages can be studied as a part of the curriculum in Computer Science Engineering at both bachelor’s and master’s levels, depending upon the institution. A great number of computer courses are available to take up at universities abroad. Some of them offer specialised courses in programming. A Diploma in Computer Science can give you a basic understanding of programming which can be later honed by taking up a dedicated course in it. Preparing students for the ever-increasing industry and fast-changing job roles, international universities are at the forefront to impart education in the field.
Best Computer Programming Universities Abroad
Some of the top universities to pursue Computer Science with a focus on scripting languages are listed below:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Stanford University, USA
- Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Harvard University, USA
- University of Cambridge, UK
- Princeton University, USA
- University of Oxford, UK
- University of Illinois, USA
- University of Pennsylvania, USA
Best Computer Programming Colleges in India
Here is a list of some of the most renowned colleges in India for pursuing computer programming courses:
- IIT Madras, Delhi, Bombay and Kanpur
- S. R. M. Institute of Science and Technology
- R.V. College of Engineering
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- C.V. Raman Global University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Aligarh Muslim University
- College of Engineering Pune
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology
If you are passionate about creating solutions for the issues related to the online world, then a degree in Computers with a specialization in Scripting Languages is all you need. We understand that getting admission to top universities can be challenging. But you don’t have to worry when the industry’s top experts are handholding your application process. Book your 30-minutes free counselling session with Leverage Edu now!