Aberystwyth University is a public university in the UK through it offers a wide range of courses from traditional Arts, Science, Commerce, Agriculture, and Economics subjects to modern Environment, Health Science, Bioscience and Genetics. University is home to 22 academic departments and 19 professional services departments. It has a community of 6000 students and 2300 academics and professional services, staff. and is the world’s first university which established the Department of International Politics. In this blog, we will discuss everything about accounting courses at Aberystwyth University
|Full Name||Accounting & Finance|
|Fee Structure||Undergraduate: GBP 14,300 (INR 13.8 lacs)Postgraduate: GBP 15,500 (INR 14.9 lacs)|
|Language Exam Required||GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS|
|Duration||BSc- 3, 4 years, MSc- 1 year, PhD- 3 years|
|International Students Ratio||6-7%|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at Aberystwyth University
- Why Study Accounting Courses at Aberystwyth University
- Aberystwyth University Rankings
- Accounting Courses at Aberystwyth University
- Accounting Courses at Aberystwyth University Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Cost of Studying Accounting Courses at Aberystwyth University
- Scholarships for Accounting Courses at Aberystwyth University
- Future Placement Opportunities
Why Study at Aberystwyth University
Multiple factors contribute to selecting Aberystwyth University as the first choice for admission in academic courses. Some of them are listed below:
- Course Diversity
Aberystwyth University offers a wide range of courses with award-winning practical teaching styles loaded that help students gain maximum knowledge as well as practical exposure to solving real-world problems.
- Research-Oriented Programs
Aberystwyth University’s cutting-edge research program is globally recognized. University contribution to the world community through climate change and global health issues is a matter of pride. Students get taught directly by field experts who apply their research knowledge and skills to teaching.
- Stunning Location
Aberystwyth University is surrounded by the beautiful Cambrian Mountains and Cardigan Bay with a landscape of rolling hills, valleys, sand, and sea. Campus surrounded by a naturally fresh environment helps in studying and life exploring activities.
- Student Friendly
University has secured a place in the top 10 for the past six years in UK and Best in Wales for student satisfaction survey. The dedicated student union team offers practical, emotional, and financial support to help them in their need.
- Scholarship and Bursaries
Aberystwyth University offers a range of scholarships that gives financial support to students while studying. Excellence Scholarship, Entrance Scholarship, International Accommodation Award, Music Scholarship, and Sports Scholarship are offered by the university. The students get the chance to receive scholarships over GBP 20,000 (INR 19,08,109)
- Guaranteed Accommodation
All first-year students get guaranteed university-managed accommodation offered by the university. The resident of these university-managed accommodation receives a free platinum membership to the sports centre which gives them access to all fitness-related facilities.
- Integrated Study Program with Work Opportunity
There is multiple integrated study program at both undergraduate and master’s level offered by Aberystwyth University that provides a work experience placement or completing a year in the industry. Both of these opportunities will give students practical hands-on learning and exposure.
Also Read: MBA Course at the Aberystwyth University
Why Study Accounting Courses at Aberystwyth University
- A degree in account & finance from Aberystwyth University primarily focuses on financial accounting and management accounting, taxation, business law, and business ethics in detail.
- Research faculty at the university develop a broad understanding of disclosure on cash flow, and internal policy in a practical way.
- The accounting and finance degree will prepare you for a career in professional accountancy or financial services, by focusing primarily on financial accounting and management accounting, with taxation, business law, and business ethics dovetailed throughout the program.
- Our research-active staff will help you develop a broad understanding of the operational context, and the impact of financial measurement and disclosure on cash flow, internal policy, and financial systems. This will enhance your understanding of how financial data may be used to inform and influence managers, investors, and decision-makers; and how the presentation of financial information can impact the longevity (and profitability/sustainability) of a company or public sector organization.
- Students studying accounting and finance for the opportunity to be mentored by professionally qualified and practising accountants possessing plenty of academic as well as industry exposure.
- Faculties are active researchers with expertise in the chosen subject areas.
Aberystwyth University Rankings
|QS – World University Ranking||485||501-550|
|Times Higher Education Ranking||401-500||501-600|
|The Guardian University Ranking||49||64|
|US News & World Report – Global University Ranking||792||902|
Must Read: All About Accounting Courses
Accounting Courses at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University offers accounting courses jointly with finance at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
|Course: Single Honours||Degree||Duration|
|Accounting and Finance||BSc||3|
|Accounting and Finance||BSc||4|
|Course: Joint Honours||Degree||Duration|
|Accounting and Finance/Business and Management||BSc||3 years|
|Accounting and Finance/ Economics||BSc||3 years|
|Accounting and Finance/ Marketing||BSc||3 years|
|Accounting and Finance/ Spanish||BSc||4 years|
|Accounting and Finance and Computing||BSc||3 years|
|Law and Accounting & Finance||LLB||3 years|
|Mathematics/ Accounting and Finance||BSc||3 years|
|Welsh in the Professional Workplace/ Accounting and Finance||BA||3 years|
|Accounting and Finance||MSc||1 year|
|International Finance||MSc||1 year|
|International Finance and Banking||MSc||1 year|
|Management and Banking||MSc||1 year|
Accounting Courses at Aberystwyth University Eligibility Criteria
|Course||Academic Requirements||English Requirements|
|Foundation||Applicant should have passed standard XII from a recognized Central or State Board with a minimum 50% score.||English test requirements like IELTS test score is (4.5-5.5) and meet specific minimum component requirements depending on the applied course.|
|Undergraduate||The applicant should have passed standard XII from a recognized central or state board with a 75 % score.||English test requirements like IELTS test score of (6.0 – 6.5) per band and overall.|
|Postgraduate||Applicant should have passed bachelor’s degree with the minimum for some courses 50-55% or CGPA 6.0 from a recognized university.||English test requirements like IELTS test score of (6.0 – 7.5) per band and overall.|
- Graduation transcripts
- Post-graduation transcript if completed
- Evidence of citizenship (Passport)
- Name and contact details of two professional references.
- CV/ Resume (updated)
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Score
- Statement of Purpose
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for an accounting course at the University of Aberystwyth:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, Australia students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
Cost of Studying Accounting Courses at Aberystwyth University
Following are the costs associated with pursuing an accounting degree at Aberystwyth.
Undergraduate Tuition Fee
|Arts / Social Science||Full Time||GBP 14,300 (INR 13,70,722)|
|Science||Full Time||GBP 16,300 (INR 15,62,100)|
Postgraduate Tuition Fee
|Arts / Social Science||Full Time||GBP 15,500 (14,85,950)|
|Science||Full-Time||GBP 16,700 (16,01,320)|
Cost of Living in UK
|Accommodation||3,828 (INR 3.82 Lakhs)|
|Internet and phone service||324 (INR 32,300)|
|Transportation||924 (INR 92,200)|
|Food||2,004 (INR 2 Lakhs)|
|Personal Expenses||1,164 (INR 1.16 Lakhs)|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||240 (INR 23,900)|
Scholarships for Accounting Courses at Aberystwyth University
|Entrance Scholarship||GBP 2000 (INR 1,91,741)||The applicant gets awarded based on the performance in the entrance exam either conducted by Aberystwyth or their Own school/college.|
|AberGrad University||20% discount on tuition fee||Applicant must hold at least a 2:2 undergraduate degree from Aberystwyth University.|
Future Placement Opportunities
Following mentioned companies/ organization visits Aberystwyth University to offer job opportunities to the students.
Aberystwyth a thriving seaside town is better known as a town that is huddled between three hills and two beaches. Aberystwyth is a centre of learning for Wales. It is the home to the National Library of Wales and the largest centre for art.
Yes, Ceredigion, the county in which Aberystwyth Town is located, is one of the four most Welsh-speaking counties in Wales and it remained majority Welsh-speaking until the 2011 census.
The motto of Aberystwyth University is “A world without knowledge is no world at all”.
If you want to get into a high-ranked university like Aberystwyth University, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation.