To pursue higher education or to work at your dream company, qualifying competitive exams has now become an important component. Majorly, such exams evaluate candidates’ knowledge related to Logical Reasoning, English, General Science, and Mathematics. Though all sections are equally important, Science is considered trickiest, and with thousands of candidates appearing every year, it is essential to build a strong foundation and hit the bull’s eye to get your candidature highlighted from the hoard.
What is General Science?
General Science includes an array of basic topics from the three branches of Science namely, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry [BiPC subjects]. Generally, the topics covering the practical aspects of the common principles of the 3 subjects are put under this section. Be it the SAT exam or SSC exams, it is important to clear concepts in order to obtain the perfect score. Mentioned below are some of the important topics in General Science:
- Common drugs and their usage
- Common names of chemical compounds
- Scientific laws and theories
- SI units
- Atomic Structure
- Important facts about the human body
- Plant and animal tissues
- Viscosity and Surface Tension
- Important inventions, etc
- White Blood Cells are produced in which part of the human body?
- How many chambers are there in a human heart?
- How many types of Kidney stones are formed in human body?
- What is the difference between Animal and Plant Cells?
- Which is considered as the largest part of the brain?
- Ayurvedic system of medicine was discovered by?
- What would happen if nucleus is removed from the cell?
- What is the difference between Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells?
- What is Vaccine and how it works?
- Total how may bones are there in an infant?
- What is the difference between Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases?
- What is the difference between Autotrophic and Heterotrophic modes of nutrition?
- Which is considered as the longest/largest bone in the human body?
- What is Ebola Virus: History, Cause, Symptoms, Prevention and Treatment
- What is Plasma Therapy, and how it works?
- What is the quantity of blood in the human body?
- What is colon infection?
- What are T-cells and their role to fight against COVID-19?
- Genome Mapping and the first project in Indian Ocean
- What is the difference between Delta and Delta Plus Variant of COVID-19?
- What is the difference between Green Hydrogen and Blue Hydrogen?
- What is the pH value of a basic substance?
- What is the full form of RDX?
- What is the difference between Baking Soda and Baking Powder?
- Name the particle required to continue the chain process of uranium fission.
- Name the metal used for galvanizing iron.
- Name the metal that can be cut from a knife?
- Why is sodium stored under kerosene?
- Name the gas which is also called the laughing gas?
- Which substance is called liquid gold?
- The chemical name of rat poison is?
- Name the gas used in fire extinguishers
- Name the gas usually responsible for the greenhouse effect.
- Which acid is used in car batteries?
- Why Gold does not rust?
- The chemical name of vitamin E is?
- What is “Oneer TM”?
- What is Catalysis?
- Reasons behind the earthy odour of soil after first rain.
- Do you know which one is better Soap or Sanitizer?
- Which mirror is used by motorists?
- How are the small current measured?
- “Dioptre” is the unit of?
- What is Uniform Circular Motion?
- Who built the first modern motorcar?
- What are the characteristics of Sound Waves?
- Which mirror is used by the dentists?
- What is doomsday clock?
- “Farad” is the unit of?
- What type of electromagnetic waves are used in the remote control of television, etc?
- What are main Branches of Physics
- What is Kinetic Energy?
- What is the difference between refraction and reflection of light ?
- How is the sun’s energy produced?
- What is Super Blue Blood Moon?
- What Stephen Hawking’s final Research paper explains?
- Do you know 127 year old Physics Riddle is solved? What was that Riddle?
- Bolometer is used for?
- What are Asteroids and how are they formed?
- What do you mean by Radioactiviy?
Best Books to Study General Science Questions
- Encyclopedia of General Science for General Competitions by Arihant
- Lucent’s General Science
- General Science for competitive Exams (Objective & Subjective) by BK Editorial Board
- Magbook General Science 2021by Arihant
- General Science for RRB Junior Engineer, NTPC, ALP & Group D Exams by Disha Experts
- General Science Guide for Competitive Exams – CSAT/NDA/CDS/Railways/SSC/UPSC/State PSC/Defence by Disha Experts
Also Check Out: Study Bachelors of Science Abroad
Important General Science MCQs:
- Brass gets discolored in air because of the presence of which of the following gases in air?
B. Hydrogen Sulphide
C. Carbon dioxide
Correct Answer: B
- Which among the following fishes does not have Central Nervous System?
A. Dog Fish
B. Cuttle Fish
C. Jelly Fish
D. Star Fish
Correct Answer: C
- Which of the following is a non metal that remains liquid at room temperature?
Correct Answer: B
- Which among the following is correct ?
A. Caffeine which is a diuretic is a constituent of coffee but not found in tea
B. Vitamin C which is also called ascorbic acid can be replaced with citric acid in our food
C. Citric acid is used in Cola drinks
D. All are wrong statements
Correct Answer: B
- Chlorophyll is a naturally occurring chelate compound in which central metal is
Correct Answer: B
Science is a very broad subject and requires conceptual clarity in order to clear a competitive exam. Basic knowledge and logical thinking are what is assessed in the SAT Subject Test, the scores of which are required by some of the major universities in the USA and Canada for undergraduate courses. Join Leverage Edu‘s Live online SAT classes where all your doubts, queries, and concepts will be cleared by domain experts through updated study material, one-on-one sessions, and scores of practice questions!